• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Isekai Pokemon AU RP

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone is interested in an Isekai type of Roleplay.

For the uninitiated, Isekai is in essence an "Another World/Different World" story, where a character is transported into a world different from their original world, and get to live in it. There are several stories that revolve around this concept like Digimon, where seven ordinary children from our world were taken into a new, strange and fantastical place disconnected from Earth. The cast then went on several adventures together with their Digimon Partners, weird but friendly creatures that possessed awesome powers. Together, they faced challenges, saw sights that humans have never laid eyes on, and forged friendships as they tried to survive the world and searched for a way back to their own world.

This is just one kind of Isekai. It has several other sub-genre, like Transportation (Digimon), Transmigration (A Genre where a person found themselves in someone else's body), and Reincarnation (where a character dies and is born again)

A Pokemon Isekai would be like that. A person from our Earth transported into the Pokemon World. But what makes this different from other Roleplays?

Allow me to elaborate more on what I have planned, how I would run things, and tell me if you're interested in my Roleplay and if you're willing to join it if I run it.

What is this Roleplay about?

In other words, "What's the actual plot about?"

Hmm... what can I tell you without spoiling the whole story?

For one, this is a "Reincarnation Isekai" and the Player Characters left behind their old world and are reborn in the Pokemon world with new identities and bodies. You can be the younger sister of Whitney if you wanted, or be the only child of an Ace Trainer from Sinnoh. And while you're free to experiment, I still have to draw a line somewhere, so be reasonable.

As for the actual plot itself... A Pokemon Professor is researching a special kind of energy present in certain Pokemon and Humans. With her contacts around the world, she scouted eight (The tentative amount of players I want) of these Humans to be Trainers and travel around the Kanto and Johto region and participate in the Pokemon League.

Throughout their journey, they would be accosted by Evil Teams, People trying to disrupt the Professor's Research, Legendary Pokemon, and other strange occurrences.

What should we expect from this Roleplay?

This is an Alternate Universe of the Main Series of Pokemon. A mishmash of several Main Series games and the Anime to make a unique experience for the players.

The Roleplay is set in the whole of Kanto and Johto. This includes Altomare, Rota, the Orange Islands, and the Sevii Islands. This is for my benefit, since there are a lot more Canon material for these regions than anything else. If this Roleplay succeeds, I may make more of this located in other regions. I especially want to make one around Hoenn and Sinnoh. Especially Sinnoh. As for Kanto and Johto, I have a few surprises for the players once we get into the game, so I hope you look forward to it.

You are not limited to the Pokemon found in Kanto and Johto. I will grant every player a chance to catch Pokemon from the other Regions, with the exception of Galar. I have not planned for it, though I may change my mind about this in the coming months. As of right now, that's a solid "No." If there's a Pokemon you want in your team, all you have to do is ask in the OoC or contact me.

There is a special emphasis on the Player Character's Dreams and Aspirations in this RP. They're an Earth-Born human in the Pokemon world. How do they want to fit into this world? What are their plans for the future? There is a dash of reality in this game, and as such will place the rating of this Roleplay in the Teen.

The RP is an Open World experience, so you may go to any area in Johto and Kanto to pursue your in-game dream. My role as a GM would be to provide a crafted experience for all players, regardless of what they want to be.

I will be generating Wild Pokemon rosters, side quests, plot devices and Gym Teams. Since this is an open world experience, I'll try to scale everything to proportion to give the players just the right difficulty to make it interesting and engaging.

What should we expect from you as a GM?

Any RP that has an interesting plot can be good on paper, but it relies on the GM so it runs smoothly. Let me tell you about myself as a GM and check if you're willing to join a Game I run.

I won't lie, it's been a very long time since I've run, or even participated, in a Pokemon Roleplay. So I may be rusty on that front. I've never finished a Roleplay either, as they're all Online and have always languished in inactivity.

I'm always online in Discord, so even if there's a downtime in any RP I'm in or Running, you can always contact me in some way.

I'm currently in two other RPs (not in this Forum), though both are inactive with the GM being busy iRL. They're both run with the Fate system, and are set in Girls und Panzer, and Gundam.

I've played the first three Generations to death. Played a bit of the Fourth Gen, been too busy with College for the 5th to 7th gen. I have some understanding of all Gens, however, and watched all of X&Y and the Sun & Moon Anime. My Specialization in Pokemon? Doubles.

I have terrible drawing skills, so don't expect me posting custom-crafted maps and such for this roleplay. I'm not that good.

I will never take control of your character unless it's absolutely necessary. And those instances are very, very rare.

Is there anything about this RP that's giving you problems?

The Progression system. I still have no concrete idea on how to handle the Players' Pokemon Growth, how to handle how they capture wild Pokemon, and trying to find a good Dice Roller site.

In other words, an Engine.

I could always use the FATE System, but I'm still learning to play that.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • Woah, I never though about being reborn in the pokemon world, but the idea is amazing! I'm interested and wouldn't mind joining this rp! Are the players already going to have pokemon, like a starter or their own beginning partner, or will the be given one?

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • I would love to join this RP. I have a few questions about it, but still, this is an amazing idea.
    Feel free to ask!

Woah, I never though about being reborn in the pokemon world, but the idea is amazing! I'm interested and wouldn't mind joining this rp! Are the players already going to have pokemon, like a starter or their own beginning partner, or will the be given one?
    You're actually allowed to start with two Pokemon. One that your character grew up with, probably given by a parent, befriended in the character's childhood, or handed over as protection. The other one is one of the regional Starters (From Kalos to Alola) given by the Professor who invited the Characters on the Journey.

You could also start with only the Professor's Starter, it depends on the Players and how they craft their backstories.

Evily

Years
  • Nice. How old can the trainers-to-be be? And like what restrictions are on their partner pokemon if they have one before the professor, like can they be stage two or how grown can they be?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • Nice. How old can the trainers-to-be be? And like what restrictions are on their partner pokemon if they have one before the professor, like can they be stage two or how grown can they be?

The PCs should be 10~19 years old. The whole theme of the RP is to find their calling in the Pokemon World, as well as discover how different it is from the Pokemon World they knew (or should have known, if the PC didn't touch Pokemon in their old life)

There are some restrictions on the Partner Pokemon. If they have three stages of evolution, they can't be fully evolved. Then there are certain Pokemon who are known for their violent temperament, like Gyarados, who really aren't ideal starter Pokemon for beginning trainers.

I have less of a concrete idea for this, as it's more of a Case-to-Case thing. Instead, it's more like "If I was an adult, would I give this child this Pokemon as their Starter?"

Primeape? No.

Seviper? Probably not given to a 12 year old.

Drifloon? Of course! It's not like it's going to fly away with the kid or something! Wait...

Evily

Years
  • Lol, for some reason, I can see that happening. And yeah, I wouldn't give my child a pokemon that could be dangerous to them. So the starters are between the six starters between Kalos and Alola? And they can be reincarnated as a relative of a canon character, so like can a character be related to Professor Sycamore or people like that?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • Lol, for some reason, I can see that happening. And yeah, I wouldn't give my child a pokemon that could be dangerous to them. So the starters are between the six starters between Kalos and Alola? And they can be reincarnated as a relative of a canon character, so like can a character be related to Professor Sycamore or people like that?

Wait, did I say Kalos? I meant Kanto. So the Professor who's supervising the PCs Pokemon Journey gives away all the Starter Pokemon up to Gen 7.

And yes, they can be the relative of a Canon Character. The more important the character, the higher standards I would hold against you and your writing.

Evily

Years
  • Nice, I was thinking of making my character Prof. Sycamore's niece! Is mega evolution or z-crystals going to be in the rp? How many characters are you thinking of accepting? Will you be making your own character to join the rp as well? Which region will the rp be held in?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • Nice, I was thinking of making my character Prof. Sycamore's niece! Is mega evolution or z-crystals going to be in the rp? How many characters are you thinking of accepting? Will you be making your own character to join the rp as well? Which region will the rp be held in?

Yes, Mega Evolution and Z Crystals are in the RP, though locked behind progression.

At most, I'm thinking of accepting eight. As for a Character that would act like a PC? I have an idea for one, but I might not use her if there are enough players in the game, as I'd be too busy with GM stuff.

Like I said in the OP, the RP would be held in the Kanto and Johto areas. Together with the areas around it, like Rota (Lucario and Mew movie), Alto Mare (Latias and Latios Movie), Orange Islands, Decolore Islands, Sevii Islands, etc... If the RP progressed smoothly enough, I might host another one in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Evily

Years
  • Cool, and we are starting in Kanto and then following up to Johto, right? And for the Pokemon, can they only have up to six, and if so, what kind of storage system are they going to use/have? And along with Psyclone's question, I want to have a spot reserved too, if you don't mind. This rp sounds exciting and being a reincarnation sounds so thrilling! In the history section, do you want us to explain who the character used to be in their past life and will the character themselves remember their past life?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • Cool, and we are starting in Kanto and then following up to Johto, right? And for the Pokemon, can they only have up to six, and if so, what kind of storage system are they going to use/have? And along with Psyclone's question, I want to have a spot reserved too, if you don't mind. This rp sounds exciting and being a reincarnation sounds so thrilling! In the history section, do you want us to explain who the character used to be in their past life and will the character themselves remember their past life?

This seems really cool, can I reserve a spot for when it comes out?

Reservations, huh? We have enough slots that I don't think it would warrant a reservation. But if it makes you feel better, I'll look over your Character sheets first when I open up a SU.

About the Pokemon, you can have up to six travel with you. The storage system... Well, I didn't really think about it. I think the Professor who sponsors the PC's Journey would hold them in her own lab while the trainers are out in the world. Since we're in the topic anyway, the Pokemon can have up to 6 moves. That would allow you all more freedom in writing.

As for the Kanto and Johto, no. You are free to progress however you want. If you want to meet Ash and the gang, then sure! You need to head to Kanto first. If you think your goals are better solved in Johto, you're free to go there first.

History. Ah, this is something I planned to say when I set up an SU/OoC. Yes, you're free to write up your character's History as their past life on Earth, though whatever you write there is what your character remembers. Then there's the screening process. That said, while who they were in their past life is part of who they are, I want the players to put more emphasis on who the PCs now are in the Pokemon world.

Last edited:

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • This may seem a little random, but will you also control a PC? I know on this forum the GMs can create a character to play as with the users signed up

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • This may seem a little random, but will you also control a PC? I know on this forum the GMs can create a character to play as with the users signed up
    At most, I'm thinking of accepting eight. As for a Character that would act like a PC? I have an idea for one, but I might not use her if there are enough players in the game, as I'd be too busy with GM stuff.

To reiterate, I have a character planned, but I won't use her if we have enough players. Then again, I could always use her as a guiding tool. Either way, I might be too busy trying to GM the RP to participate as a player.

Regardless, I'll be using her Character sheet as an example in the SU to help guide the players on how to Sign up.

Evily

Years
  • Alright, i'll make a character based on what you told me and what most previous rp's ask soon so it'll be ready by then. Alain is my favorite Pokemon anime character, so when I heard that our characters might interact with canon-characters from the anime/manga, I was hooked! Since i'm thinking of making my character Sycamore's niece, she will definitely know Alain. She probably won't meet him until we get to the Kalos region, which is far off, but I can wait. And I have a plan for getting my character from Kalos to Kanto, by using mega evolution studies.

Are there going to be missions as well for us to take, like main missions, sub-missions, and personal missions we can create?
    For the partner Pokemon they can have in the beginning, what limits are there to their moveset, like how many egg moves, TM's, or tutors can they know from the beginning?
    If they can't be full evolved for three stages, does that mean if its a two stage Pokemon, it can be fully evolved?
    Also for the Pokemon, can their ability be a hidden one or do they need a standard ability?
    Is there going to be an evil organization, and if so(more than likely), will it be following us to other regions like team rocket?
    For our characters, how much of their personality do you want to know about them, and do you want to know their strengths and weaknesses as well?
    Do you want our characters to have aspirations?
    Also, do you want a sample of our writing along with out SU's?
    Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited:

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • I have a question that I feel dumb to ask: As Ash has befriended Mythical Pokemon before, could my character's befriended Pokemon be one of those? Or does it have to be something more simple?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • Are there going to be missions as well for us to take, like main missions, sub-missions, and personal missions we can create?
    For the partner Pokemon they can have in the beginning, what limits are there to their moveset, like how many egg moves, TM's, or tutors can they know from the beginning?
    If they can't be full evolved for three stages, does that mean if its a two stage Pokemon, it can be fully evolved?
    Also for the Pokemon, can their ability be a hidden one or do they need a standard ability?
    Is there going to be an evil organization, and if so(more than likely), will it be following us to other regions like team rocket?
    For our characters, how much of their personality do you want to know about them, and do you want to know their strengths and weaknesses as well?
    Do you want our characters to have aspirations?
    Also, do you want a sample of our writing along with out SU's?
    Sorry for all the questions!
    Oh, wow... give me a second.

Yes, there are missions and sub-plots. This, and recreating every area's wild Pokemon List is what's taking most of my time when creating this RP.

I'm restricting Breeding a bit, and as a result, I'm allowing Pokemon to be teachable with Trainer's Assistance. I currently have no restriction on the Player's money, though now that I think about it, I should probably restrict the Shop stock until a player has enough badges. Another thing to add to my list of stuff to do.

Yes, Partner Pokemon can start off as their Second Evolution, even if it's their final evolution.

I don't have any restrictions on the Abilities. Pick whichever is more interesting for you to write.

Yes, there are evil organizations. No, they won't follow you around (necessarily). Saying anything more than that is spoilers.

If I'm planning on going with the FATE system on this RP, then Strengths, Weaknesses, Aspirations, those are requirements. For a FATE Sign up, you need High Aspect (What defines your character the most), Trouble (What makes your character's life harder), and three other Aspects, which could be beneficial or a hindrance, but it's unique and defines your character. These are always permanent unless something life changing happens (like getting a broken arm) and they're there to make the character's life... as my Fate GM puts it, "Interesting"

Even then, writing your character's Strength and Weaknesses are part of good storytelling, so I'd very much appreciate it if you do write them in even if we don't do the Fate system.

Your character doesn't need an Aspiration on the start of their Journey. Look at May, Serena, and Lillie from the anime. May didn't want to be a coordinator, Serena just wanted to escape from Rhyhorn racing, and Lillie wanted nothing to do with Pokemon. But as the story progressed, they found their dreams to continue forward. Heck, even Brock! He wanted to be a breeder, but changed when he found his calling to be a Pokemon Doctor.

This RP is all about the PC characters finding their footing in the Pokemon world, for these children of the Pokemon World.

Samples of writing is something some GM require right? I personally don't think it's necessary. Your writing style would show itself in the Sign Ups, and that's enough for me.

Okay... I think I answered everything? That's.... I'm gonna sit down now.
    I have a question that I feel dumb to ask: As Ash has befriended Mythical Pokemon before, could my character's befriended Pokemon be one of those? Or does it have to be something more simple?
    It's more complicated. You can't capture Legendary Pokemon even if you travel with Ash and the Gang, who encounter two Legendary Pokemon a year. I can't say anything more without spoilers.

Oh, sure, you can make your Character's singular goal to capture a Legendary, and your character could probably catch one before the end of their adventure, but that would require a lot of work from your character's part.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • Okay, 1: Rip my dreams, and 2:, Can my character be a member of the evil team or otherwise assist them?

There's nothing stopping your character from joining an Evil Team, except the threat from the Sponsoring Professor withdrawing all her support for your character.

She'd lose credibility if people found out that one of the kids she's sponsoring is part of an evil team.

Back