• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Isometric anyone?

SakuraKenji

Breeder
    Years
    Well, I decided that I would like to make a game, but for this game I would need to be able to sprite isometrically. If someone out there can do so, would you help me out? It's a huge project. If not, I would love if I could get some pointers, or at least some help with learning how to do it myself.

What is it? Well I want to rebuild pokemon isometrically and use a combat/level system similar to final fantasy tactics. I have great ideas, but I cant bring them to life yet...

Ask any question, and thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Waudby

Look for the game called, Pokemon RSE Legends, it was an isometric game made using the sphere engine.

There was a demo for it released,but I doubt that's around any more.

It used the Megaman Battle Network style and had the whole of Littleroot Town mapped in Iso as well as the first Route I believe.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Yeah, Wuadby already mentioned it. Pokemon RSE Legends, do a search for that. It was a really sweet looking game and A LOT of sprite work was done. But The game was just never done.

SakuraKenji

Breeder
    Years
    Do you have a link? My laptop is being a pain and my search engines seem to pick when they want to work for me.

I'll give it a look but I didn't like the battle system for battle network, plus it seems to me that they didn't want to do a lot of sprite work... I'm not one to judge there work I would just prefer a more tactics style combat system. :)

As for the city and isometric map tiling, I really want to have a look at that! :p

and thank you if any one does have a link, I'm trying to learn a trait that I don't se often in sprite-based games and it's a... a... a pain (well I can't say the other word!)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    No, it's the opposite. They sprited EVERYTHING custom.
    They had a huge helping from the guys over at Pixeltendo forums.
    If you just look in the "Game Development's Archive" (Pinned thread), you'll see all the info including a download link (not sure if it works), and a screenshot.

Also, if you want to go straight to the source, here is the thread link to R/S/E Legends itself:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68217

SakuraKenji

Breeder
    Years
    wow, neat stuff, when you said battle network style I was imagining the battle system from battle network also. That is also what I meant about not doing much sprite work.

I would, however, be willing to put time into making the whole game Iso. DJJ (the creator of RSE legends) planned on using the original battle system (with his own tweaks of course). I want to use this system from tactics, I also liked the artwork from Tactics a little more than Battle Network.

All in all DJJ is a very talented spriter and he has some great spritework for what he had created. Inspiring.

Back