• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.
Days
    • Seen today
    Hello everyone, I've recently run into a wall in regards to editing sprites. After many hours of trying to fix it myself, I am now looking for any help. As you can see by the second example in the attachments, the Duncbat and many other modified sprites have worked successfully before when replacing them with new sprites. However, when I modify and replace Zubat (as shown in the example down below), the most it changes is completely being messed up colour wise and having no changes to the design itself. I use BWSE, I use the same palette for the whole pokemon (its sheets and sprites, then for the shiny - it has a matching palette for every sprite but with different colours compared to the regular), I have indexed colours and I have tried adding it as a sole change on a fresh narc. What could be the issue here? If you have any ideas or suggestions, please do let me know!

(I've also added the zubat's sprites and sheets into one zip as an attachment down below if it helps!)

Attachments

• example.JPG
      example.JPG
      15.9 KB · Views: 5
    • example1.JPG
      example1.JPG
      23.5 KB · Views: 5
    • example2.jpg
      example2.jpg
      17.3 KB · Views: 5
    • example3.JPG
      example3.JPG
      39 KB · Views: 5
    • the culprit.zip
      13.1 KB · Views: 1
    Days
    • Seen today
    Solved - Pokemon that have gender differences have a white outline square in the sheets to signify that the Pokemon (in this case Zubat) has two separate sheets for both genders! In this case, after I edited the Zubat with PKHex to be male, I found out I was only modifying the male version this whole time, while the version I had (female sheet) got only changed with the new, messy colors. If it had a bigger gender difference, I most likely would have noticed it earlier haha - hopefully this helps anyone with the same issue :)

Back