• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue with pbToneChangeAll

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
  • Hey guys. I was trying to do a intro night scene in my game. I applied the tone change, but when we start the game, we are able to see the map without the tone change for a few frames.
    This what I have done:

test_cinematic.gif
    Capture300.png

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Okay it was worth a try, I just noticed that you're trying to start the script as soon as the game begins. Is the tone change the very first thing the event does?

Years
  • Hey guys. I was trying to do a intro night scene in my game. I applied the tone change, but when we start the game, we are able to see the map without the tone change for a few frames.
    This what I have done:

test_cinematic.gif
    Capture300.png

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    Try to use Transitions Script Section of the old 15.1, because there is a little glitch when the player is transferred, in 16.1.

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • Try to use Transitions Script Section of the old 15.1, because there is a little glitch when the player is transferred, in 16.1.

Became better, but still doesn't fix the problem. There's still a few frames that still appears without the Tone Change. :/

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What does the event that warps the player to this map look like? Does it have its own pbToneChangeAll command that makes the map fade in? Perhaps get rid of that, so that it's not interfering with your fade in.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • What does the event that warps the player to this map look like? Does it have its own pbToneChangeAll command that makes the map fade in? Perhaps get rid of that, so that it's not interfering with your fade in.

If, by clicking "New Game", there is an event that teleports the player in another map, it has, probably, the flag "Fading" set to "Yes", change it to "No".

There is none. the initial map is that one. I tried to use a blank map to avoid that transition, but it gives an error when I warp to that map.
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Happens all the time I tried to warp. Is it possible that this happens because I don't have a player defined?

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
    Years
  • I managed the transition like this:

test_cinematic2.gif

Spoiler:

The purpose was to appear a scene without the player and then warp to the intro map. The transition problem is solved, so I think Maruno can close the thread. Then there's also the warp error, but I can do the event in this map to fix that.

Thank you guys! :)

Last edited:
    Back