• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It IS a Small World After All

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Have you ever experienced a moment in your life where you realize how small the world really is? What is your small world experience?

I was in the airport in Manila, Philippines not too long ago. I saw my Filipino friend there who happened to be from my hometown in Georgia, USA. So across the globe, I still run into people I am familiar with. Both of us had no prior knowledge of meeting at this moment.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Mmm, riding a train, I realise how close all the towns and cities are to each other. While walking/riding/driving down all the roads, I notice how much they wind around the landscape, yet a railroad is straight across everything, and the next town turns out to be only a few fields away.

Rail was the first thing that began to make the world significantly 'smaller'... then aircraft, and the Internet. It'll be space for some folk before too long.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • When I left Vladivostok, Ru, I've befriended 2 of my colleagues there, which we used to hang out and play as a band together. Not knowing that they're hometown is in Moscow, I've met them again just last month. I'm quite shocked too.

This is the most recent small-world experience of mine.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I have a friend from a coaching thing and a friend from school. The latter's always talking about his friend Bosco, who's a total noob. The former does as well.

They're the same person, eh.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Sometimes. I saw one of my friends while I was walking around town, he moved to Florida a while ago so I was kinda shocked to see him back here.

Fluorii

V.I.P.
    Years
  • One of my best friends last year was a Thai exchange student. This year, I ran into some of the new exchange students. One of them was good friends with my Thai friend back when they were in Thailand.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I was acquainted with two people for about a year, maybe more. It was then that I realized that not only did they know each other, but they were brother and sister. XD

Back