• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It may seem stupid but..

dizzydoil

Tomb Raider
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    .. I don't really know Pokémon all that well. *gets killed* I can't say I have never loved Pokémon, because I have I assure you- I couldn't get enough of the cartoons when I was little kid. Now- I have a partner who is complete obsessed with Pokémon, and I'd love to get back into the swing of things to suprise him and be like- HEY. I'M COOL COS I LIKE POKéMON too. I kid, but I would really love to get back into the fascinating franchise that is Pokémon- and it'd be an added bonus if I could spend more time with my partner talking about a subject he really adores and loves.

Where do I start? .. and what do I need to know you beautiful people? -hug emoticon-

(I'm Dale. I'm a really cool person who loves cookies- and I'm ever so kind to those who are kind to me!)

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Start by playing Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver on the DS. They're great games and your friend will probably think you're awesome if you play it. :D Welcome to PC!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well, you picked a good time to get back into the swing of things, since Heart Gold and Soul Silver just came out. Which are remakes of the original 2001 Gold and Silver, if you remember those. :D

Welcome to PC, Dale!

I hope this place can get you up to speed with Pokemon again, and that you'll have a good time here.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Hello :D
    There's a part of the forums that have discussions other than Pokemon. :) Other than that, if you wanna get into Pokemon again, play Pokemon and HeartGold and SoulSilver for the DS.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • Hey Dale! Welcome to PC! You'll have a blast, trust me. ^_~ I say you should pick up Platinum for DS before you get SoulSilver or HeartGold, and/or go ahead and get some second and third generation games, like Silver or Emerald. And the first gen remakes, FireRed and Leafgreen. BUt either one you choose to play, I'm sure it will hook you right in. It should be against the law, cos these games are seriously addictive! (But...I'm really glad they're not against the law. =D)

dizzydoil

Tomb Raider
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Welcome dale have fun at PC! :D

Start by playing Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver on the DS. They're great games and your friend will probably think you're awesome if you play it. :D Welcome to PC!

Well, you picked a good time to get back into the swing of things, since Heart Gold and Soul Silver just came out. Which are remakes of the original 2001 Gold and Silver, if you remember those. :D

Welcome to PC, Dale!

I hope this place can get you up to speed with Pokemon again, and that you'll have a good time here.

Welcome to PC, Dale! :) Hope to see you around the forums!

Welcome :3 Lolz at "OMG! Pokemon? Me too!!!".

Hello :D
    There's a part of the forums that have discussions other than Pokemon. :) Other than that, if you wanna get into Pokemon again, play Pokemon and HeartGold and SoulSilver for the DS.

Hey Dale! Welcome to PC! You'll have a blast, trust me. ^_~ I say you should pick up Platinum for DS before you get SoulSilver or HeartGold, and/or go ahead and get some second and third generation games, like Silver or Emerald. And the first gen remakes, FireRed and Leafgreen. BUt either one you choose to play, I'm sure it will hook you right in. It should be against the law, cos these games are seriously addictive! (But...I'm really glad they're not against the law. =D)

Welcome to PC, dizzydoil. I'm sure you'll like our community; our moderation team is great, too :)

Thank you all- the welcome was fantastic! So, for the last few days I have been doing nothing but researching Pokémon (hence the reason of my absence) but now I have returned and came to the conclusion that I'm really going to try and get back into Pokémon starting with the newest games (since they are infact remakes of the 2001 Gold and Silver Pokémons.) I'm not going to buy them as of yet, but I will borrow them from my boyfriend and see exactly how it plays out and see if its a game I can stick to.

I'll make sure to report back! Peace out fellow PCers.

Pheonix_slayer

WASUP YALL?????
    Years
  • well perhaps

you could start hacking pokemon games together (see pokecommunity.com for more info), or doing joint activities, like, card collecting and battling?
    perhaps?

Back