• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen It takes 42 hours to get Mewtwo

Years
    how do you freakin beat the game in 12 hours????????/
    It doesn't really take that long if you avoid unneeded battles and powerlevel one or two pokemon. You can probably do it in 4 or 5 if you really rush and never stop.

In fact, I'm going to see how long it takes to beat Fr/Lg right now, because I am incredibly bored.

Years
    6-7 hours only training your starter, and yes, I have done it. If I can find my firered, I'll take a picture of the first E4 victory, at I think 7:49.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
    Bah! I fought every trainer in the game, caught 65 pokemon (Mewtwo being the 65th), had battle animations on, AND beat the elite four in 12 or so hours. Didn't really have to use any items either.

Of course, that's cause I was soloing with Blastoise, but whatever.

Oh and to whomever said "I got him in two hours.", you are a bad liar. THE (not tool assisted) SPEEDRUN (I.E. fastest time in world) got to the second elite four in 5:16.

And on my first time playing through and finishing this game (never had RBY, did have GSC and RSE), it took me 40 hours, WHILE training upwards of 8 or 9 different pokemon at once. Finished with a party of 54s and 55s.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 26, 2019
    I beat FireRed in like five and a half hours, power-leveling Charmander (into Charizard) and beat the Elite 4 & champion with a level 70-something Charizard. As aforementioned, it only took my like five and a half hours. I never could figure Mewtwo out though, not that I cared. I figured out the Sapphire & Ruby plate out, bred around 30 eevees and attended the sevii islands thing, before restarting at 7:46.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    It took me less then 24 hours to beat the Elite Four and capture Mewtwo.

Kamui

´
    Years
    It takes me maximum around 9-12 hours.
    I only train one pokemon, my starter. By the time I get to E4 my starter is always around 80-90.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    It takes me maximum around 9-12 hours.
    I only train one pokemon, my starter. By the time I get to E4 my starter is always around 80-90.

Wow, epic. I usually evolve before I get the PokeDex but never got up to 90 by E4.
    But on a Power Run. (No Legendary birds/Aimless wandering around/Staying totally on task.)
    About 9-10 Hours.
    If I want to enjoy them game. Maybe 14-15ish.

Back