• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Item Ideas

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    Or, a "gift" item that you can pass around that eventually, after an unknown amount of turns in a battle, heals or explodes (like Present?)

I like this idea, it would be a lot fun in 3vs3 battles: the items moves randomly between the pokemon in battle without you noticing, and explode after a number of turns, or if the pokemon that helds it is hit by a fire attack, or it gaigns a few extra turns if is hit by water attack...also there could be special move with this item...However on the other hand, this could be too random in wi-fi battles, especially random ones...

Gordonator123

Believe...
    Years
    Or, a "gift" item that you can pass around that eventually, after an unknown amount of turns in a battle, heals or explodes (like Present?)

This would be really useful, just for the lolz, did the game hot potato have anything to do with this move?? xD

I would like to see an item that when comes in contact with a pokemon, it causes the pokemon to disobey his trainer, just like when you don't have enough badges, they disobey you.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    PokeRoids (battle item)-boost each pokemon stat by 100 for 3 turns but after 3 turns, pokemons stats become half of its normal stats

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Common Candy: Decreases your Pokemon's level by 1.

Yes.... Except...

Sweet Candy: Decreases your Pokemon's level by one. Increases friendship by a great amount.

Bitter Candy: Increases your Pokemon's level by one. Decreases friendship by a great amount.

Replacing Rare Candy altogether...

GF seriously already PLEASE do this...

Clipper: Replaces need for HM Cut.
    Icarus Wings: Replaces need for HM Fly.
    Surf Board: Replaces need for HM Surf. (Make Surf a TM or level up move instead so no fans cry about it... <.<)
    Power Gloves: Replaces need for HM Strength. (Same as Surf)
    Paper Fan: Replaces need for HM Defog.
    ???: Replaces need for HM Whirlpool.
    Drill: Replaces need for HM Rock Smash.
    Grapple Hook: Replaces need for HM Waterfall and HM Rock Climb.

They could also replace some HM requirements altogether and make different ones... But with items as well...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Common Candy: Decreases your Pokemon's level by 1.

EPIC WIN! i dont know how many times ive wished i could lower the level of one of my pokemon lol

they have a seed in mystery dungeon that does this, why not an item in the main series too :cer_boogie:

Years
    I'd contest that Flame Body would be enough for hatching eggs without making hatching too quickly. If it cut the hatching time by a quarter rather than a half, it'd make a bit more sense, maybe.
    It could be a placeholder until you get a pokemon with Flame Body, becoming available somewhere in the middle of the game before you've had a chance to catchemall and get a Magby. It would all depend on how common those fire pokemon are, of course.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Clipper: Replaces need for HM Cut.
    Icarus Wings: Replaces need for HM Fly.
    Surf Board: Replaces need for HM Surf. (Make Surf a TM or level up move instead so no fans cry about it... <.<)
    Power Gloves: Replaces need for HM Strength. (Same as Surf)
    Paper Fan: Replaces need for HM Defog.
    ???: Replaces need for HM Whirlpool.
    Drill: Replaces need for HM Rock Smash.
    Grapple Hook: Replaces need for HM Waterfall and HM Rock Climb.

Thing is, I don't think the HMs will go away anytime soon. By using Pokemon's help, idk, you're more in-touch with the Pokemon world, as they work side by side with humans, I dunno.

Years
    I don't know about you guys, but I really hate the whole concept of IVs. The fact that a Pokemon's potential is decided at birth really contradicts with the whole idea of training to become the very best that no one ever was .

Let's fix this.

How about we get 6 berries that increase a Pokemon's IV in a specific stat? In fact, they could make 6 more to decrease IVs for things like Trick Room and Hidden Power.

Years
    Yes.... Except...

Sweet Candy: Decreases your Pokemon's level by one. Increases friendship by a great amount.

Bitter Candy: Increases your Pokemon's level by one. Decreases friendship by a great amount.

I love this idea. A lot.

I don't wish for Key Items to replace HMs though. I just wish each pokemon had one or two "field maneuvers" that were innate.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    I love this idea. A lot.

I don't wish for Key Items to replace HMs though. I just wish each pokemon had one or two "field maneuvers" that were innate.

me too, but what would happen to the moves?
    how about:
    TM81: fly
    TM82: water charge (water fall)
    TM83: tidal wave (surf)
    TM84: rock climb
    TM85: rock smash (now with 60 base power)
    TM86: strength (can cause flinch)
    TM87: slash (instead of cut)

and defog doesnt deserve a tm because it sucks so bad.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    How about...

Exp. Steal-Instead of sharing Exp. With the pokemon holding Exp. Share, the pokemon holding this item gets all the Exp and none goes to the one fighting for it.

Idk... it sucks...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    How about...

Exp. Steal-Instead of sharing Exp. With the pokemon holding Exp. Share, the pokemon holding this item gets all the Exp and none goes to the one fighting for it.

Idk... it sucks...
    I actually like this idea. :) They could be really helpful for new Pokemons to level up at a quick pace. This could also give another purpose to level 100 Pokemons. They could easily overpower the opposing Pokemon and give all of the experience to the inexperienced. If this also affect effort points, then E.V. training would be benefited greatly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wow that's a great idea. I hate sharing the experience, but then idk I'd feel bad for the Pokemon that doesn't get any experience. I'd only use it that Pokemon were level 100, as sort of mentioned. XD;

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    How about an item that just nullifies abilities? I'm really sick of Wobbuffet being Uber only because he has Shadow Tag, Encore, and a crapload of HP, and Mold Breaker being all but common doesn't really help.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    How about...

Idk... it sucks...

that most certainly does not suck i would use it alot

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I don't know about you guys, but I really hate the whole concept of IVs. The fact that a Pokemon's potential is decided at birth really contradicts with the whole idea of training to become the very best that no one ever was .

Let's fix this.

How about we get 6 berries that increase a Pokemon's IV in a specific stat? In fact, they could make 6 more to decrease IVs for things like Trick Room and Hidden Power.

oh my god i HATE ivs not only does it mean its completely rencomized how good your pokemon is but the fact you have to train your pokemon to level 100 just to check its ivs is just awful!! i want them to overhaul the iv system in black and white cos the chances of getting flawless ivs are very low

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

Thing is, I don't think the HMs will go away anytime soon. By using Pokemon's help, idk, you're more in-touch with the Pokemon world, as they work side by side with humans, I dunno.

They could at least do what they did in Rangers and let the Pokemon use special moves (HMs) without knowing them

Let's fix this.

You know they might remove IVs and EVs altogether and just make training areas...xD

Last edited:
    Back