• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Items You Never Use

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I never wind up using premier balls, even though I always buy pokeballs in sets of 10. They're kinda a last resort ball in case I run out of everything else.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • Yeah, remember the days of the first generation in which your bag size was so terribly small? I recall myself getting really annoyed by having to carry the SS Anne ticket along, occupying a valuable place in your bag and I couldn't even discard it! (Luckily I found out it could be stored on the pc.)
    I don't know about selling those things. Why would a basic shopkeeper want to buy a key of the warehouse of an evil team?

I think the bag only held 20 items, right? Thank goodness they stacked, because I don't know where I'd put my glitched-number of Rare Candies. TBH I really wish we still had PC storage! I don't want some of this crap taking up space in my bag. Especially the Master Ball. I'm always afraid I'm going to accidentally click on it in battle and use it, so I attach it to one of my Pokemon on my team..

Oh yeah, that's true. I doubt they'd want an SS Anne ticket after the ship sailed lmao. SecretPotion, though, that's some good medicine. Unless all we got was the empty container after Jasmine healed Amphy... >_>

Years
  • Well, gotta agree with everyone here on the X items. But mine...

Heal Ball. I doubt anyone uses these after their first/second gym badge. They cost little more than a regular pokeball and act like one once you got a full party.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I think the bag only held 20 items, right? Thank goodness they stacked, because I don't know where I'd put my glitched-number of Rare Candies. TBH I really wish we still had PC storage! I don't want some of this crap taking up space in my bag. Especially the Master Ball. I'm always afraid I'm going to accidentally click on it in battle and use it, so I attach it to one of my Pokemon on my team..

Pc storage was a good way to forget the existence of some of your items. But why don't you just put the Master Ball in the bottom of your bag, under all those random types of balls you never use. The chance you accidentally scroll down and click isn't big.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • Pc storage was a good way to forget the existence of some of your items. But why don't you just put the Master Ball in the bottom of your bag, under all those random types of balls you never use. The chance you accidentally scroll down and click isn't big.

That's true. I really only put specific types of items in there in Gen III, like evolution items and vitamins, and those power-up items like mystic water.
    I'd do that, but I use the auto-sort option so often that it'd be too tedious to keep moving it around. It's a good idea though, I used to do that in DPPt. I spent countless hours just organising my bag, and it was all destroyed once I got a few new items...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Well, gotta agree with everyone here on the X items. But mine...

Heal Ball. I doubt anyone uses these after their first/second gym badge. They cost little more than a regular pokeball and act like one once you got a full party.

Oh, I forgot all about the Heal Ball. I guess that's because I never use it haha. I agree though, it's pretty pointless. Especially considering that 9 times out of 10 when you catch a Pokemon, it goes straight to the PC, where it automatically gets healed anyways. Funny thing though, my Reshiram was caught in a Heal Ball, because it was literally the last ball I had left in my Black playthrough. I use it pretty often in competitive battles, and I always get a bit of a giggle at it coming out of a Heal Ball when I send it out xD

Pc storage was a good way to forget the existence of some of your items. But why don't you just put the Master Ball in the bottom of your bag, under all those random types of balls you never use. The chance you accidentally scroll down and click isn't big.

I did the same thing with the Master Ball though. It kept me from being tempted to waste it prematurely on a Pokemon I didn't need to use it on. Best to save it for Mewtwo, because of his Recover shenanigans.

Years
  • Add me to the X items list. xD The game is easy enough for me that I don't need a stat boost, plus whenever I do I have moves like Nasty Plot for a better increase.

Also the herb items. Since they make your Pokemon like you less I've never really used them, plus they're much more scarce than items like full heals and potions. So count those out too. And since I'm not big on poffins and berry juice (all I really care about are pokeblocks which are Hoenn-exclusive) berries are quite far down on my list.. I just grab them and forget they ever exist. My poor trainer bag. :D

Back