• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's 2013 and people still haven't gotten over hating Justin Bieber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
  • Probably the smartest post I've ever read... Kudos to you!

Of course you only consider the post that agrees with you to be "smart."

If you are so blind you cannot see that these things he has done are unacceptable, you either need a morality check or you need to stop being so close-minded you believe this person can do no wrong. Because he did. A lot of it.

If you can't provide a proper argument, of which I have not yet seen on this thread, then this topic is pointless and just a way for people to keep trying to convince you that he is not a good person.

TY

Of course you only consider the post that agrees with you to be "smart."

If you are so blind you cannot see that these things he has done are unacceptable, you either need a morality check or you need to stop being so close-minded you believe this person can do no wrong. Because he did. A lot of it.

If you can't provide a proper argument, of which I have not yet seen on this thread, then this topic is pointless and just a way for people to keep trying to convince you that he is not a good person.

I've seen a discussion like this somewhere else, where someone just instantly rages at the slightest negative comment about this guy. People can be really blind when it comes to "famous" people.

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
  • I hope this doesn't come out as too conservative.

I think a distinction needs to be made between two kinds of "haters". First, there are people who hate JB just for the sake of hating. This type is prevalent on the internet, and to my mind they really don't deserve any sympathy. If, by some accident, J. R. Tolkien and not Justin Bieber were the object of popular hate, this type of people would jump on the name-calling bandwagon without any significant prior thought.

Second, there are people who dislike the music and conduct of Justin Bieber. Now I don't think these people hate the person of JB per se, but they are annoyed and concerned with the fact that he has been elevated to such an idolized position by the society. To these people, JB isn't just one person, he's the representative spandrel of the (part of a) society that values bad lyrics, overrated tunes and beats, and questionable moral conduct, where there are clearly better standards to look up to.

I'm no fan of Alex Jones, but this particular rant of his makes some important points I think. Obviously JB isn't asking us "hand in your guns" or to "pass the cyber security act", but the point that some people take JB as a role model and not the likes of Magellan or Jefferson does tell something about the society.

As a personal thought- Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Miley Cyrus and the like always got me thinking, what happened to lyrics like this?

Spoiler:

...or this?

Spoiler:

Sure, they're just kids. I grant them that much. But shouldn't the community at least aspire towards greater standards?

This last part of my post isn't really an argument, just my opinion.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • Probably the smartest post I've ever read... Kudos to you!

I'm sorry, what? No, you are not witty because you think that Anne Frank would like Justin Beiber's music because she was a little girl. The point is that he wrote something as ignorant, cocky, and self-centered as "Anne Frank would like my music" in her guest house. There is nothing smart about that and it just shows that he is an arrogant jerk.

Going back to your topic post, how many times are you going to forgive him? I don't get it. "This was a mistake, that was a mistake, maybe he did this, maybe he did that..." is all you say. Obviously, you're gigantically narrow-minded person that has to make up some kind of excuse for everything because they already know that their points are nonsense.

His music is pretty bad, too.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Second, there are people who dislike the music and conduct of Justin Bieber. Now I don't think these people hate the person of JB per se, but they are annoyed and concerned with the fact that he has been elevated to such an idolized position by the society. To these people, JB isn't just one person, he's the representative spandrel of the (part of a) society that values bad lyrics, overrated tunes and beats, and questionable moral conduct, where there are clearly better standards to look up to.

What are you getting at with this? Justin's lyrics aren't bad, they are quite inspiring and they're not all about girls...

As a personal thought- Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Miley Cyrus and the like always got me thinking, what happened to lyrics like this?

Why compare Justin to Miley and Rebecca? Why not compare him to MJ? Someone who isn't under the attack of trolls.

I'm sorry, what? No, you are not witty because you think that Anne Frank would like Justin Beiber's music because she was a little girl. The point is that he wrote something as ignorant, cocky, and self-centered as "Anne Frank would like my music" in her guest house. There is nothing smart about that and it just shows that he is an arrogant jerk.

Going back to your topic post, how many times are you going to forgive him? I don't get it. "This was a mistake, that was a mistake, maybe he did this, maybe he did that..." is all you say. Obviously, you're gigantically narrow-minded person that has to make up some kind of excuse for everything because they already know that their points are nonsense.

His music is pretty bad, too.

1. I KNOW his Anne Frank comment was selfish, but, I don't get all upset about it and hold it against him, I know what Anne went through and she most likely would have been a Belieber...

2. I do that because most of the things TMZ says are either fake or just stupid, I forgive him for the mop bucket thing, because, it was a mistake...

3. How is his music bad? Give me logical reasons... Don't give me that bull about him having no talent, when in fact he does and is successful...

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • In my whole honest opinion, I think Justin Bieber sucks, as a person and his music. But who cares? Think what you want. If you like Bieber then you like Bieber. Done. Over. Finished. People will hate people. It's a simple fact. Some people don't like you. Some people don't like me. How about just ignoring the hate and maybe discussing things you like about Justin Bieber with people who have similar interests to you? Wouldn't that be a better use of your time?

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • In my whole honest opinion, I think Justin Bieber sucks, as a person and his music. But who cares? Think what you want. If you like Bieber then you like Bieber. Done. Over. Finished. People will hate people. It's a simple fact. Some people don't like you. Some people don't like me. How about just ignoring the hate and maybe discussing things you like about Justin Bieber with people who have similar interests to you? Wouldn't that be a better use of your time?

You're a male between the ages of 12-17, it wouldn't surprise, me, I just hope you're mature and don't go around hating on his videos, calling him "gay/lesbian", "girl" or "untalented" because none of them are true...
    Kind of an offensive post... You hate him why? Probably nothing logical...

TY

1. I KNOW his Anne Frank comment was selfish, but, I don't get all upset about it and hold it against him, I know what Anne went through and she most likely would have been a Belieber...

That...... Is WAY too unlikely to happen since Anne would be like 70-80 and i dont really think old people like the music of today.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • I dont like Bieber's music as i dont like the music of other singers as well.
    I dont hate him,i just wouldnt put his music in my phone.
    I wouldnt consider someone a loser if he listens to Bieber.
    I listen to JPOP for example which faces a lot of hate and i wouldnt like someone doing that to me either.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I think his songs are better now and more tolerable than before so yeah, i think i got over the JB hate. What's bothering me now is twerking Miley from the VMAs Q.Q

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • I think his songs are better now and more tolerable than before so yeah, i think i got over the JB hate. What's bothering me now is twerking Miley from the VMAs Q.Q

I don't hate Miley, she's done nothing wrong, (Taylor Swift is an exception: here and here, I don't hate her either, I just think she needs to grow up, I'm sure it's her who got 1D and JB booed), back to Miley, nothing against her in general, she's just another talented artist who I don't care for, but I'm more against twerking, in my opinion it is sl**ty...

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • Second, there are people who dislike the music and conduct of Justin Bieber. Now I don't think these people hate the person of JB per se, but they are annoyed and concerned with the fact that he has been elevated to such an idolized position by the society. To these people, JB isn't just one person, he's the representative spandrel of the (part of a) society that values bad lyrics, overrated tunes and beats, and questionable moral conduct, where there are clearly better standards to look up to.

What are you getting at with this? Justin's lyrics aren't bad, they are quite inspiring and they're not all about girls...

Why compare Justin to Miley and Rebecca? Why not compare him to MJ? Someone who isn't under the attack of trolls.

2. I do that because most of the things TMZ says are either fake or just stupid, I forgive him for the mop bucket thing, because, it was a mistake...

3. How is his music bad? Give me logical reasons... Don't give me that bull about him having no talent, when in fact he does and is successful...

• Why would you not hold that against him? I don't understand it, so he can just do whatever he wants and you'll worship him like nothing ever happened? And I know plenty of girls who are not Beliebers?
    • There we go with the mistakes again. How many mistakes does he get? 50? 100? Infinite?
    • It's a bunch of autotune mixed with bad pop lyrics and a hip-hop style, sung by a pretty boy jerk who only gets fans because they all want to marry him.

I don't really care what you listen to, and opinions will be opinions, but when you keep saying the same exact thing for everything argument, I have to wonder why you're even debating this in the first place...

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    You can't really do anything every celebrity has haters..In case of Justin they are just a lot

But in my opinion i hate Justin bieber... Because of well the normal reasons

I hate bieber and all of the beliebers

and I mean seriously? His songs? Rebecca black sounds way better

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • You can't really do anything every celebrity has haters..In case of Justin they are just a lot

But in my opinion i hate Justin bieber... Because of well the normal reasons

I hate bieber and all of the beliebers

and I mean seriously? His songs? Rebecca black sounds way better

Any logical reasons? Judging by your age, your hate for Justin doesn't surprise me...

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
  • I don't know how many of you follow TheYoungTurks channel on youtube. I don't agree with all their views, but their analysis of some of Justin Bieber's conduct were spot on:

Urinating in a restaurant kitchen

Anne Frank issue

As the presenter in the second video said: it's extremely important that we bring these issues to attention and talk about them (in a mature way) especially because this is a pop-icon that many people hold in high esteem.

As for his music being bad, here are some samples of his lyrics:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now I don't know how to logically demonstrate that these lyrics are bad (aesthetic judgments don't work that way). I can point to a few facets where there is definite room for improvement-

1. Lack of depth of meaning
    2. The rhyming is forced, and it severely limits the lyrics' literary contents
    3. Lack of diversity of meaning, the same literary motif comes up again and again which makes the piece seem bland
    4. Lack of inter-verse cohesion in some cases

These are just from the top of my head. I'm sure people verse in music theory can point out the problematic and immature nature of his tune/beat as well.

The overall point of my post isn't to dehumanize JB in any way- that's the preoccupation of internet trolls. This is why people in this thread (to my knowledge) didn't simplistically point to JB's alleged effeminacy or young age etc, rather the point is this pop-icon is lacking in manners, good conduct, and talent. The fact that such a person (and others like him) are taken to be idols is not a good sign.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • That...... Is WAY too unlikely to happen since Anne would be like 70-80 and i dont really think old people like the music of today.

I reckon he meant that if Anne Frank had been a teen of our generation, she would've liked his songs.

Any logical reasons? Judging by your age, your hate for Justin doesn't surprise me...

Man, deal with it. There are people who don't like his music because, well, they don't like that type of music. There are people who don't like him as a person, and to be honest, that's totally justifiable given what antics he's been participating in. Being naked around his grandmother? Pissing into a cleaner's mop bucket? Those are horrid acts.

Also, there isn't a threshold in age for maturity.

TY

I reckon he meant that if Anne Frank had been a teen of our generation, she would've liked his songs.

Okay that is a possibility, but if so, she also could have disliked it, so its a statement of nothing in my opinion

Years
  • When he was younger I really couldn't blame him much, He only co-wrote his songs on first album. He wasn't very old at the time so I mean if they sound kiddish and kinda forced...well..duh I guess. He had some decent vocal chops, but I never really heard them in a song to my personal liking. However, he hit puberty, and now he can't even hit some of the same notes he used to so he has had to make a change in his music. A change in style that is just a rehash of what I've heard before, with very little real substance, and very different from My World 2.0. Neither album is to my taste really, but the direction he's going now musically is far less desirable to me then his former stuff.

He started out trying to create this image of someone who had to work for what he gained, etc, etc, etc, I.E. Never Say Never. However with age he is turning disrespectful towards just about anyone. Clearly ruining his original image. Maybe he'll settle down once he figures out he's not king of the world, but for right now, at this moment. He's highly non likeable. I just can't respect someone who won't give any amount of respect towards others.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Yeah this looks like a venting thread, baiting people for their opinion, only to be targeted for their negative opinion of JB. Personally I don't think this warrants much positive discussion. I also don't really think it's worth getting upset over Justin Bieber. So gonna go ahead and close this. Toodles~

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back