• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's a secret.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • So, let's say that you have a secret that could cause you to lose a lot of friends/be very embarrassing. You realize that a couple of your friends are onto you, and might find out soon. (Let's also say that this isn't something that's illegal/could actually get you in trouble for some reason. It's just really super embarrassing.)

Do you tell them outright, hoping that they'll respect you for it, or keep hiding it, and hope they don't find out?

(I'm not speaking from personal experience btw, I just felt like I needed to make a new thread, and this was the first thing that popped into my mind. lol)

Last edited:

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • ^^
    If it's sexual preference or something it's probably best to outright say it

If it's something you can cover your bases on you are probably best not stirring up trouble, but if it's gotten bad enough to worry about you might need to just come out and say it up front.

A lot of people will say it's best to say it no matter what, but there are times where that won't help, lots of variables :p

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Depends on the person for me. If I'm not that close to the person and it's not 'too much of a secret' I'll tell closer friends if they ask, otherwise, if it's an important on, I won't tell a soul.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If they're really my friends, I'll tell them this embarrassing thing. If they leave, they weren't friends I needed to have in the first place. :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I AAAAAAAAAAM BISEXUAL.

Uhm, if they're my real friends I guess I'd tell them. :v Might as well tell them then let them find out (and maybe other people) eventually.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd try me best to keep my friends from not knowing the secret. If one of my friends finds out, then I'd leave them.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    If something embarrassing ever happens to me, I immediatley text my best friends so I can get some sympathy or to get them to lol with me. That's what friends are there for!

Years
  • I've had this experience. I kept my secret for a long time and when I finally started to tell people I lost all but a few friends because of it. Even then there was an awkward period before we were acting like friends again. What I took away from this is that you need to be very careful who you tell your secrets to.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I AM AN OTAKU WHO LIKES ANIME INTENDED FOR PRETEEN GIRLS

I'd probably tell them if if they were suspecting something... it could be a great judge of whether they're my real friends or not.. if they accept me in spite of this secret then I'll know they're friends who can be trusted and won't bail out on me because of something insignificant. if they do, then they weren't really as good friends as I thought.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • In an ideal world, I'd just man up and tell people stuff like this.

Unfortunately, my worst habit is keeping lots and lots of secrets from different people so if certain friends were trying to find out about my secrets, I'd probably end up digging so many holes I'd get to China or something!

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • It would depend entirley on the secret and how close I was to the specific friend.
    I trust most of my friends so probably wouldn't be worried, but like I said, depending on the secret I may or may not tell them and I do have a quite a few secrets from my friends..

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I would hide it as long as I could if it was something I was really embarrassed about. I don't think because I'm friends with somebody I need to go out of my way to make things uncomfortable and awkward, depending on what the secret is. Like I'm not just gonna say "hey guys by the way I have this really weird sweating problem. Like I sweat ungodly amounts so if you smell anything, yeah that's me"

I've had this experience. I kept my secret for a long
    time and when I finally started to tell people I lost all but a few friends because of it. Even then there was an awkward period before we were acting like friends again. What I took away from this is that you need to be very careful who you tell your secrets to.

I want to know your secret. Did you kill a man?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It depends I guess. If they were really good friends I'd tell them anyway, because if they were my friends they wouldn't care about it.

Back