• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's about time I post this baby up. :x

Azonic

hello friends
    Years

Team Gyaralaxelliatressitomblebi [STALL]

Long names, for the win. :D So I've been using this Stall Team for a long time now. It gets a decent number of wins so far, and I thought it would be about time to post this sucker up for a rate. If you read BeachBoy's Battle Log Hurricane Warning, this is the team I used. Soo... a lot of you people might be familiar with this team. ;D I've changed some sets around.

Team Overview

The Moment of Truth

...iiiits the team~

Gyarados @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

The coverage this thing has is amazing. Choice Scarf severely limits it's capabilities of sweeping, though. I've been having trouble taking down those Calm Mind Suicunes lately, so I'm thinking of swapping this guy out for the standard TauntDDdos w/ Lum Berry for a Dragon Dance Sweep / Stall. My first battle with BeachBoy got me taken by surprise when I first battled him. Then I was inspired to try this guy out. All in all, I haven't been having much luck with it lately. Stone Edge misses way too often to take down opposing Gyarados. So for now, I'm really considering swapping ScarfGyara out for the standard.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 244 HP / 28 Defense / 236 Sp.Def.
    - Body Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Of course, no stall team would be complete without Snorlax. Honestly, it walls a lot of things. Basically a Special Wall for this team. Thick Fat over Immunity for obvious reasons, and it has Restalk anyways. I've found Earthquake much more useful than Crunch. It hits Steel and Rock types, which Body Slam can't. Earthquake hits for a higher neutral base power anyways. Uhh... what else do I say about this guy? It's pretty much the standard Snorlax. :D

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Speed / 172 Defense / 84 Sp.Atk
    - Calm Mind
    - Moonlight / Rest
    - Psychic / Icebeam / Hidden Power [FIGHTING]

I've always had trouble deciding her moveset. She's a Pokemon that I haven't been getting much luck with, either. Cresselia has way too much Pokemon that wall it. I'm thinking of swapping this out for Suicune. Another thing is that both of my more vital walls have weaknesses to both of Heracross's STAB moves, which I don't like. Yeah, x3 weaknesses to Heracross isn't that good. So [maybe] expect a Suicune in her place, in the coming future. Timid with maxed Speed outruns Modest / Adamant Salamence without maxed speed and OHKO's before it gets a Draco Meteor or anything like that in.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Defense / 36 Speed
    - Leech Seed
    - Recover
    - Heal Bell
    - Grass Knot

Imagine a team without a Cleric. That's why Celebi is here. Some of my Pokemon will run Rest without a Sleep Talk to accompany it. Celebi switches in sooner or later for that Pokemon to skip the two turn wait. This moveset ... is also self explanitory. Cleric -> Leech Seed -> Stall. :D

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish / Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Sp.Def
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes / Gyro Ball

Yeah, I know. Having all three of the field traps on one Pokemon is not a good idea. WATEVAR. It's actually been working well for me. Switch in on something like Weavile and constantly switch in and back out to set up those field traps. It's only there to set up those traps, and maybe take some physical hits. Yep, that's about it. Explosion doesn't work for me, it's always been way too slow and I could never predict right with it.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Sp.Def
    - Rest
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [FIGHTING]

If I'm going to lay that many field traps from Forretress's moveset, there's no way that I'm not going to have an Anti-Spinner. This moveset has been working very well for me. It counters most of the Rapid Spinners out there. Starmie is countered by Shadow Ball, Donphan and Forretress can be countered by Will-o-Wisp and special moves, Hitmontop is countered by Will-o-Wisp and fighting types don't effect Ghosts. So yeah. :3 I love this thing. It easily puts those physical sweepers to an end.

Changes / Thoughts

• Thought: Cresselia to be swapped out for Suicune
    • Thought: ScarfDos to be swappped out for TauntDDdos.
    ...if D_A doesn't approve this, I will bite his head off. >:( Damn hotlinking. :<

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Why do people always mess with the font...

I don't get why you have Choice Scarf Gyarados on a stall team. Gliscor would be much better as a fighting resist that is actually reliable.

CM Cresselia is a waste of time. Suicune does the whole "bulky CMer" deal a lot better. I would use this Cresselia:

Cresselia @ HABAN BERRY Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder Wave / Psychic
    - Rest

one of the more effective cresselia sets around imo. Thunder Wave screws MixApe as it is so I prefer it over psychic, but nothing can actually take advantage of the para support and one-shot it (besides Gyara who needs to go anyways), so do whatever. The EVs can be messed around with too. HP Fighting is epic fail - it can't even OHKO Weavile =/

I would also consider Thunder Wave or Reflect on Celebi. Your team is quite DD LO Gyarados weak. That would really help.

Reiterating that Gliscor or even Weezing over Gyarados would really help, and would free up a slot on Forretress (and really, Forretress should not be using that kind of set).

Also, that Spiritomb is going to lose to Azelf and Gengar, and very badly. Spiritomb needs WAY more SDef than what you're giving it - Gengar and Azelf will easily 2HKO you while you cannot even OHKO with Shadow Ball. The standard WoW/Sucker Punch/Taunt/Pain Split (Rest works too) is much more effective at countering Gengar and Azelf (who otherwise decimate this team, especially Gengar). Also give it a lot more SDef. A Careful Nature with 140-160 SDef EVs is usually enough. WoW takes care of physical attackers anyways, and Taunt lets you stop things like Forretress from setting up on you while blocking their rapid spin.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Team Gyaralaxelliatressitomblebi [STALL]

Long names, for the win. :D So I've been using this Stall Team for a long time now. It gets a decent number of wins so far, and I thought it would be about time to post this sucker up for a rate. If you read BeachBoy's Battle Log Hurricane Warning, this is the team I used. Soo... a lot of you people might be familiar with this team. ;D I've changed some sets around.

Team Overview

The Moment of Truth

...iiiits the team~

Gyarados @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

The coverage this thing has is amazing. Choice Scarf severely limits it's capabilities of sweeping, though. I've been having trouble taking down those Calm Mind Suicunes lately, so I'm thinking of swapping this guy out for the standard TauntDDdos w/ Lum Berry for a Dragon Dance Sweep / Stall. My first battle with BeachBoy got me taken by surprise when I first battled him. Then I was inspired to try this guy out. All in all, I haven't been having much luck with it lately. Stone Edge misses way too often to take down opposing Gyarados. So for now, I'm really considering swapping ScarfGyara out for the standard.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 244 HP / 28 Defense / 236 Sp.Def.
    - Body Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Of course, no stall team would be complete without Snorlax. Honestly, it walls a lot of things. Basically a Special Wall for this team. Thick Fat over Immunity for obvious reasons, and it has Restalk anyways. I've found Earthquake much more useful than Crunch. It hits Steel and Rock types, which Body Slam can't. Earthquake hits for a higher neutral base power anyways. Uhh... what else do I say about this guy? It's pretty much the standard Snorlax. :D

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Speed / 172 Defense / 84 Sp.Atk
    - Calm Mind
    - Moonlight / Rest

I've always had trouble deciding her moveset. She's a Pokemon that I haven't been getting much luck with, either. Cresselia has way too much Pokemon that wall it. I'm thinking of swapping this out for Suicune. Another thing is that both of my more vital walls have weaknesses to both of Heracross's STAB moves, which I don't like. Yeah, x3 weaknesses to Heracross isn't that good. So [maybe] expect a Suicune in her place, in the coming future. Timid with maxed Speed outruns Modest / Adamant Salamence without maxed speed and OHKO's before it gets a Draco Meteor or anything like that in.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Defense / 36 Speed
    - Leech Seed
    - Recover
    - Heal Bell
    - Grass Knot

Imagine a team without a Cleric. That's why Celebi is here. Some of my Pokemon will run Rest without a Sleep Talk to accompany it. Celebi switches in sooner or later for that Pokemon to skip the two turn wait. This moveset ... is also self explanitory. Cleric -> Leech Seed -> Stall. :D

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish / Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Sp.Def
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes / Gyro Ball

Yeah, I know. Having all three of the field traps on one Pokemon is not a good idea. WATEVAR. It's actually been working well for me. Switch in on something like Weavile and constantly switch in and back out to set up those field traps. It's only there to set up those traps, and maybe take some physical hits. Yep, that's about it. Explosion doesn't work for me, it's always been way too slow and I could never predict right with it.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Sp.Def
    - Rest
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [FIGHTING]

If I'm going to lay that many field traps from Forretress's moveset, there's no way that I'm not going to have an Anti-Spinner. This moveset has been working very well for me. It counters most of the Rapid Spinners out there. Starmie is countered by Shadow Ball, Donphan and Forretress can be countered by Will-o-Wisp and special moves, Hitmontop is countered by Will-o-Wisp and fighting types don't effect Ghosts. So yeah. :3 I love this thing. It easily puts those physical sweepers to an end.

Changes / Thoughts

• Thought: Cresselia to be swapped out for Suicune
    • Thought: ScarfDos to be swappped out for TauntDDdos.
    ...if D_A doesn't approve this, I will bite his head off. >:( Damn hotlinking. :<

Dun dun dun... xD; On Forry, I kinda opt for TS >> Gyro Ball, but Gyro Ball is pretty efficient.

I'd go Crunch >>> somewhere on Snorlax, or Cress goes LOL.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Personally I would go with an offensive Gyara > Scarfdos or Bulkydos. Since your team is pretty effective in wearing down counters with entry hazards and residual damage, a very fast Gyara that does not carry Life Orb would be your best bet, since it would clean up the mess the rest of your team leaves behind.

Gyarados @ Leftovers/Expert Belt/Muscle Band (but not Life Orb)
    EVs: 82 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd (I think I got the EVs right, it's supposed to hit 396 after one DD, or you could just go 252/252/6 to make sure you outspeed Scarf users after a dance)
    Nature: Jolly (Spd+/SAtk-)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall/Aqua Tail
    - Ice Fang/Bite/Earthquake/Stone Edge
    - Ice Fang/Bite/Earthquake/Stone Edge

This way, you come in on something that can't touch you (maybe a predicted CB Earthquake) after your entry hazards have dealt some damage to everyone, Dragon Dance, kill whatever counter they have for you since you've worn it down with Spikes/SR/TS, and proceed to sweep their team.

Alternatively, consider running CBTar > Gyara. Sandstorms really help entry hazard teams, and a Banded Tyranitar can easily OHKO switch-ins with Spikes and SR out, even with an NVE attack.

Back