• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's My Birthday!: A Big Shoutout To PC And Its Community (Aloe Blacc, Cyanide & Happiness, ERB) [Daily Bloggity Entry #19]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • hbd.gif

Date: 12 March 2014
    Time: 12:24 PM ET
    Mood: Humbled

Writing this blog entry, it's nuts to think that I'm turning 20 years old today. The last few years have just been a whirlind of events, a roller coaster of emotions, and a flurry of changes that have been unfathomable to believe whether it was good or bad. It's weird thinking that I'm becoming a young adult now and that I'm starting to make a future for myself: however the point of this blog entry isn't to ramble on about myself, but rather to thank PokeCommunity for becoming an integrate part of my life.

Daily Music - "Love Is The Answer" by Aloe Blacc
    Spoiler:

It all started in January of 2009. I joined PokeCommunity just to become an avid trader, as I think many people seem to do here. I created my own shop and quickly made a name for myself, accounting for one of the largest threads that PC has had to offer in it's life cycle, accumulating over 7,000 posts and 150,000 views. I made a lot of good "friends" over a 2 year span in which I ran the thread, but eventually I became bored of it. I ended up taking a hiatus from PC, going online off an on again, but never really seeing what else PC had to offer. The number of visits went down until I virtually stopped coming altogether.

Daily Comic - "Daddy's Favorite" by DaveMcElfatrick of Cyanide and Happiness
    Spoiler:
    However due to curiosity, I ended up coming back to Poke Community about a month or two ago. Nervously, I ventured into some of the forums afraid of disapproval but I realized that my fears were all for naught. I was welcomed with open arms, and I was actually astonished to find that some people actually remembered me back in my "glory days." To this day, or technically to this second, I am extremely grateful to the many people who have made PokeCommunity so enjoyable with me: whether it was Vader remembering me from my trading roots and welcoming me back, to Dante maniacally recommending animes to me, to Lilith showing and sharing her love for Noragami with me, to Aerial Ace becoming a true blue friend and getting to know me, to Minerva in helping me create my own fan club, to my witty debates with Candy Cane Forest Elf about football, to seeing the awesome content that active members like Dragon, Jak, Spinosaurus, and Vanille Sky post on a daily basis, and I feel bad if I missed anyone but the list just goes on and on - it's a community that I truly feel blessed to be a part of. I thought that joining here I needed to focus solely on Pokemon; rather, I've discovered that it's a great online source to connect with one another and share our love for all things personal in this world.

Daily Video - "Mozart vs Skrillex" by parody artists Epic Rap Battles of History
    Spoiler:
    I know I still have a long ways to go to achieve this, but I hope to one day become a moderator here on PokeCommunity. I want to be able to help others discover the passion that others have sparked in me so that they themselves can discover the vast discussions and connections that you can truly make with one another on this site. I'm not trying to sound sappy or corny when I say this, but PokeCommunity truly is a place where anyone can fit in. It can bring someone from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs; it's just a matter of finding your niche and being true to yourself. I'm happy to say that I'm in it for the long haul now, and there's nothing that anyone can say that will keep me from giving up on something that I truly love.

So from the bottom of my heart PokeCommunity: thank you for being such an amazing community, and cheers to a bright and forecoming future for one and all.

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • This brings a tear to my eye. :'D I'm so glad to have met you, man. You're one of the friendliest and coolest people around. Wouldve been a shame had I not known you.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • And well, becoming staff is something everyone wants to experience once. Not surprised to hear you do too. But don't say that the day is far away and all that ♥♥♥♥. You're an awesome guy and I know you'd make an awesome staff member. Just stick to a section you love and keep being awesome like you always are. You'll end up on the team in no time. Trust me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Aww I feel all fuzzy that you mentioned me haha. I hope you have a great birthday! :) You should celebrate by playing Jak and Daxter! ;) Or any other awesome game, lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I converted you to one of my amazing regulars in my section. Thanks for all you've done so far. <3 Hope you had a great birthday today!~

Back