• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Its Not Just You Being Followed...

Years
    So, as you know, in the 4th gen, aswith the others, gym leaders always get special stuff. not only are they vital to completing the game, in gen 4 they got cutscense, and talked in battle. furthermore, in platinum, they got animated sprites. so, my question is, for the Johto gym leaders (and silver for that matter...;and the Elite Fouir) do you think we will see a Pokemon (maybe there signature pokemon) bsside them, like with Soul and Gold? it also sucks that the komono sisters dont have their respctive eeveelutions following them

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I doubt it. The feature seems to be something they'd want to keep special for the player.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Yeah, they all have signature Pokemon...

Bugsy- Scyther
    Falkner- Pidgeotto
    Whitney- Miltank
    Morty- Gengar
    Jasmine- Steelix
    Chuck- Poliwrath
    Pryce- Piloswine (Maybe Mamoswine by now.)
    Clair- Kingdra

Whether they follow them or not, that's a different question.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Nah, it's kinda like the Anime. We'll be pretty much the "phailures who can't keep their first-slotted Pokemon inside the Pokeball, yet they beat all the gyms and the E4".

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Like most of the rest, I don't think others will have it. In Yellow when you had one Pokemon, no one else had them out. Plus the devs might want to keep their best Pokemon a surprise or something.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    No I know that others don't have it because we've seen screens and videos of the gyms, Morty didn't have a Pokemon next to him, neither did Whitney. Plus it wouldn't make sense because their signature Pokemon that I could think of is not first slot, it comes later in the battle. Your Rival having his starter out could be cool XD, you could see what form his starter is at.

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    if anyone your only going to fight once has a pokemon out, it'll be red

That makes since, because his Pikachu wasn't in it's pokeball in the anime, or yellow, or (correct me if I'm wrong) the manga. Whatever he's based on, I can't remember.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
    fun..... ssounds.... "fun"

the new female character has her starter out

Last edited:
    Years
    well NO theres not going to be any of there out because 1.Look at gym shots the poekmon arent out. 2. Waste of time and why would they yttell you there most powerful? 3. Its not even in there front fo party unless they make some special last minute change do not expect this

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I think that it'd be awesome to see the signature Pokemon by their side.
    But I also do not think that it will happen.

I believe that ShinyMeganium had it right. We will not have the trust of the Pokemon at first, so they will not stay in the Pokeball. The Gym leaders DO have that kind of trust.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Although the story calls for some overworlds. (I can't believe nobody seems to) Remember Lance's Dragonite?

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
    I wouldnt be happy if my Pokemon didn't trust me and that's why they stay out of their balls (sounds wrong). Its just whichever Pokemon is in your first slot, so it's probably nothing to do with trust because we saw "you" at blackthorn city with "your" cyndaquil out in a pic and I'm sure "it" would have enough faith. Idk why.

Back