• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Gets 1st Live-Action Film

There've been so many live action adaptations over the years, but this year seems to have announced the most shounen adaptations. Usually they pick a shoujo or thriller, but announcing Bleach, Gintama AND JoJo adaptation the same year is really weird.

Funny enough, they are adapting the fourth part because it's the cheapest to make lol. The entire cast is Japanese, it takes place in a Japanese town, mostly SoL with some action here and there.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Hentai Kamen was a good movie though, better than the manga. And Aoi Hono live action was funny from what I've seen. They are kind of from the same director, who's directing the Gintama movie so there's hope for that one as well. There are some other good ones like Nobunaga Concerto. You just need to dig through pile of horse poo to find the good ones (kind of like when watching seasonals)

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Most Takashi Miike movies have good reviews at the least. It's stupid if they try to fit the whole part four series in a not two hours+ movie.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • There's "Chapter 1" in the title of the movie, so it will be a series, probably all filmed at once to reduce the costs since they are shooting the film in SPAIN for some reasons.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Eh Akira at least makes some sense since. Don't understand why Super Dimension Fortress Macross is on there since it's an original and hasn't dated much.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • There's already have DYRL if someone wanted to watch a Macross remake with good art and animation. No remake could look better than that one, looking back at Frontier and Delta.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • You guys ready for the AOTY?
    Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Two things:
    Great Days is a wonderful OP, best one of Diamond ks Unbreakable till now. It has a very 70s representation of Americana, in that Grease kinda way, which really fits Part 4 and its Morioh daily slice of life, while going for a more shonen actiony intro for that Kira goodness. Speaking of Kira....
    Spoiler:

In other news, for some unexplainable reason that I assume only the gods can comprehend, I started one piece, not the manga, oh no that is far too easy. I am talking about the Anime, all 755 episodes are going to be watched, somehow. On EP 20, and I am definitely gonna try to stick with it. Zoro's backstory had me in tears, I dunno if I am going to handle this if it gets as sad as I hear it gets later on.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Not sure what to watch this season, honestly :( Nothing looks too appealing..
    91 day is a damn good concept, Iron Blood Orphans is pretty good for a Gundam show(note: I have only seen unicprn and have no idea what the fuck is going on but the giant robots kick ass), that Rugby show from Madhouse is great even though it gets a bit too bromance for my tastes, and I like tuning in to see Tiger Mask W for the lols herr and there. Its not all bad! If you don't mind Shonen get into Jojo and Mob Psycho, you are missing out.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • What?!!! Iron blooded orphans is great!.
    Honestly only watching IBO this season, will be checking out Drifters (same guys from hellsing if i'm correct?). Otherwise not many shows catching my eye this fall.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back