• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Really Not Funny Anymore

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    For the first episode, it was funny. The next few episodes, it wasn't as funny but still comical now. Now I'm just plain annoyed by it.

In almost every episode, Piplup gets hit by Draco Meteor and i really don't find it funny anymore.

It just makes me hate Gible. Is it so stupid, it STILL can't control it?

And it seems like nobody in the show seems to care anymore, but poor Piplup.

I think the writers of these episodes need to stop with the nonsense and actually get gible to master it, and stop this stupid gag.

Anyone else with me?

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    No, I love it for some reason >:3

It might be because of the excellent sound it makes on impact, or because I think Piplup is an over-confident, annoying prick, but,
    for whatever reason,

I like it.

Last edited:

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
    In the episode where the "heroes" meet Gible for the first time, I laughed, a lot. This has never happened for me in the entire series. I really hope this was a sign that is humor coming back to Pokemon. (Even if Piplup keeps getting hit).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    :P

If you watched the Japanese episodes, than you'd know how I felt.

They're gonna repeat this gag A LOT. XD

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    lol Piplup getting repeatedly pwned is just funny to me.

Maybe I have a different sense of humor than you gaiz. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I cannot stand Dawn's Piplup so I've got no problem with it buuut I don't watch the anime much. I can see how it would start to get old, fast. D:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    As much as I hate Dawn's Piplup, I agree. It was funny the first time, but after seeing the EXACT SAME FRAMES over 9000 times, it's gotten quite tiring. It's unfortunate that Gible can't master it.

On the same vein, I'm kinda happy they innovated it by having our winged friend come to Piplup's rescue whenever Draco Meteor is about to hit it.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yeah, I also laughed. A lot ! :D
    I just hate Dawn's Piplup. It just gets waaaay too much attention, while her other Pokemon get neglected. Plus, when he wanted to evolve but got rejected, I got really, really annoyed.

So yeah, it still seems funny for meh ! >:-) Plus, who doesn't enjoy "We're blasting off again !!", huh ?

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    In the episode where the "heroes" meet Gible for the first time, I laughed, a lot. This has never happened for me in the entire series. I really hope this was a sign that is humor coming back to Pokemon. (Even if Piplup keeps getting hit).

Same I haven't laughed this much watching Pokemon for a long long time

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    It can't be any more annoying than the very existence of piplup, it's just annoying.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    I like it, because the stupid thing (Piplup) gets too much positive attention, (second only to the Rat Itself) and not enough abuse.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Funny, well, that's what I think of all the piplup annihilations. Love every single one of them, really. It's awesome to see Piplup take an ego-check.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    That was probably the funniest episode I've seen for years. 0_0'
    When Piplup was trying to dodge the meteor it was so funny.. bouncing around XD I was laughing out loud XD

However, I was watching an old episode on the site today, Holy Matrimony!, and it was SO funny. James overall, is probably one of the most funny characters, at least back in hoenn, johto, and kanto.. not anymore. I hate his new voice. I think the old James is cute and funny XD

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    lol Piplup getting repeatedly pwned is just funny to me.

Maybe I have a different sense of humor than you gaiz. XD

iit is funny.
    i laff every time this happens

piplup needs to start holding haban berrys

You don't watch the anime much so you wouldn't see the gag much to begin with.

At least it gives some sense of continuity and we -can- hope that Satoshi will try to train Fukamaru so that the gag eventually stops, but c'mon, whining over this? I call DP-bias. And honestly? When's the last time we had a funny Pocket Monsters running gag? Hell, we get one of the most interesting Pochama-based episodes ever resulting from this gag a little later on in the series. I'm not complaining.

well then theres the carnivine and james, cacnea and james, and victreebell and james gags

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    oh guys ....

its not fair ....

its still good to see ....

lots of fun & more & more ....

so i still like it too much ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    See I despise Wesley...I mean Piplup. I mean I loved Dawn getting Piplup at first, but then it got really annoying. I mean I actually got annoyed when Togekiss showed up and started stopping the Draco Meteors...

Back