• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

itt we share our first cellphone

Years
    I got my first cellular device when I was 11 years old, and that was so that I could call my mom to let me know to pick me up from the bus stop. :P

Ahh the memories of the Motorola C139. I hated this phone as well because it would be in my pocket and sometimes it would turn on in the middle of class because I leaned up against the edge of my seat. :|

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Interesting how, judging from this thread that Motorola and Nokia were popular in the day. Now its Apple and Samsung

I had a Motorola v150, really basic phone and I used it for calls. Battery was good though.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I had and used this until Friday...

Like you can see, I couldn't make calls to any random phones. It had those two buttons to specifically call my mom and my dad, and it could store I think 20 additional phone numbers. I had my brothers as contacts, whom I would call frequently when my parents couldn't pick me up from school. I also had a few close friends and their parents registered, but my dad was in charge of adding those phone numbers. I also couldn't receive calls from phones unless they were "allowed" to call me. My dad gave me that thing when I was like 8 because he considered it an "evil need".

I turned 13 yesterday and received my first (confusing) smartphone. I'm glad I don't have to use that thing anymore ^-^.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I know a few kids that had those when I was in Elementary school and I was never sure how they worked. But nowadays, kids are just handed the newest phones and honestly I don't know when I'd want to give my kid a phone nor what kind of phone I'd want to get them. I don't want to get something expensive in case they break or lose it, but I still want them to be able to use it with their friends. And with me being me, I'd definitely put some security stuff on it to make sure that my kids are only sending and receiving appropriate content with it.

Also, happy belated birthday and welcome to PC!

My dad's work is directly related to software and security and he can be over protective at times hahaha. But actually a few months ago he decided to trust me and decided to give me the PIN (you needed a PIN to add more phone numbers to this phone) to add my own numbers "until I saved enough to buy my own smartphone" (I actually didn't mind that silly phone as it did everything I needed (except for texting) and I'm saving for something else, but I was surprised when he gave me the phone on my birthday nonetheless ^-^). I still couldn't text my friends but I was able to add a few of them to call them.

I think smartphones have parental controls, but it makes me happy my dad decided to trust me and not enable them ^-^. I'm mostly interested in journal apps so I won't be betraying his trust.

And thank you very much for the welcome and congratulations ^-^!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    https://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/sonyericsson/sonyericsson-w710-00.jpg
    Crazy good phone for a teenager who recently discovered quality music. Walkman phones had premium sound output, even if the camera's sucked. Phone had cool ergonomics, and the rubbery bits outside were fun to touch. Aesthetics are a bit tacky, but phones had attitude and identity back then, which was always why new phones were fun to look out for. Only HTC still has that touch, but it's just dual tone monoliths instead of one tone. Also had some of my first romantic breakdowns on this, great thing I don't have any of those old texts. man I miss SE and the Walkman line. Bought one of those for collectors purposes a couple of years ago, just cause I love them.
    https://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/sonyericsson/se-w995-11.jpg

Back