• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IV and EV

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I want to fully train my pokemon to have the best stats possible but I've not got to grips with IV and EV, I've looked on websites with helpful guides but in my head its like blah blah blah blah, can anyone help me train my pokemon fully or give me helpful tips

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    I want to fully train my pokemon to have the best stats possible but I've not got to grips with IV and EV, I've looked on websites with helpful guides but in my head its like blah blah blah blah, can anyone help me train my pokemon fully or give me helpful tips

For the best stats, it has to start with breeding the perfect IVs :) After that you can train it even more to get EVs
    Depending on the Pokemon, the best nature is also important ^^

I would recommend you to try your hands at IV breeding but if you think it's not for you then feel free to ask me or other members here~

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    For the best stats, it has to start with breeding the perfect IVs :) After that you can train it even more to get EVs
    Depending on the Pokemon, the best nature is also important ^^

I would recommend you to try your hands at IV breeding but if you think it's not for you then feel free to ask me or other members here~

How would I know if it has perfect IV's or does every hatched pokemon start with perfect IV's

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    When you need someone to do the work for you then you are probably better off in the Trade Corner. Here we usually discuss how to build a good Pokemon, so if you have a particular question, just ask.

IVs are values assigned to each Pokemon's stats from birth. They are random and range from 0 to 31. Every point is worth one stat point at level 100 (or two of them are worth one stat point at level 50). You cannot change the IVs of a Pokemon; you need to hope for catching a better one or breeding a better one because parents are able to pass down their IVs to the offspring.

EVs are point you can distribute amoungst your stats. You can have a maximum of 510 EVs and a maximum of 252 in every stat (255 pre 6th gen). Four EVs are worth one IV, so do the math.
    You can earn EVs by defeating certain Pokemon. Each species gives you a certain amount of EV to a certain stat - depending on the species. Super Training also gives you visible EVs.

That is the short version. Feel free to ask more.

Edit: In the 6th gen there is a IV Judge in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. He can nail down your highest stats and he will make it pretty clear which one is 31.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    How would I know if it has perfect IV's or does every hatched pokemon start with perfect IV's

Onicon explained it pretty well there ^^
    And yes, if you want to know more or ask for competitively bred and/or trained Pokemon better have a look in the Trade Corner :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    ok thank you both, I wasnt even sure if i'd put this in the right section anyway

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    thank you, im just gonna do some experiments on my own to see how well I can do and if I think im struggling I will let you know

You can look around for breeding guides, if you don't like the text version try a YouTube video, there are some good ones out there :)

And oh, to check for IVs you go to Kiloude Ciy Pokemon Center, the judge in there will tell you how good the IVs are. You want ones with the comment "simply can't be beat!" which means the stat is 31. ^^

If you ever need any help you can VM or PM me, I'd be happy to help ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    You can look around for breeding guides, if you don't like the text version try a YouTube video, there are some good ones out there :)

And oh, to check for IVs you go to Kiloude Ciy Pokemon Center, the judge in there will tell you how good the IVs are. You want ones with the comment "simply can't be beat!" which means the stat is 31. ^^

If you ever need any help you can VM or PM me, I'd be happy to help ^^

thank you, i think the judge will help alot to find the best IV and im more of a visual learner than reading so i will try the youtube videos lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    thank you, i think the judge will help alot to find the best IV and im more of a visual learner than reading so i will try the youtube videos lol

Haha, and I would highly recommend you don't just try randomly, it is a lot easier to IV breed :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    The IV Calculator just kinda acts like a more accurate judge ^^
    But your link is for Diamond and Pearl version, this is a XY version if you'd like to use it: X and Y IV Calculator

I'd suggest looking for parents with good IVs to start with :) The calculator doesn't make the Pokemon any better haha ^^

Oh I didnt realize lol but does it make it difference which one I was using if I was IV training lets say a Pikachu or a Ducklett

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Don't use any IV calculator from Serebii. Their calculator is notorious for being inaccurate. The best (imo) IV calculator floating around atm is by metalkid. Just google up metalkid IV calculator and you should see it.

As for any difference, yes there is a MAJOR difference between gen 6 calculators and earlier ones. The calculators all use stat points in order to determine IVs. There's a fairly good chunk of gen 5 and earlier Pokemon who had their base stats changed a smidgen in gen 6 and that will drastically affect the results from the calculator.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Don't use any IV calculator from Serebii. Their calculator is notorious for being inaccurate. The best (imo) IV calculator floating around atm is by metalkid. Just google up metalkid IV calculator and you should see it.

As for any difference, yes there is a MAJOR difference between gen 6 calculators and earlier ones. The calculators all use stat points in order to determine IVs. There's a fairly good chunk of gen 5 and earlier Pokemon who had their base stats changed a smidgen in gen 6 and that will drastically affect the results from the calculator.

Thanks, I just used there calculator and its more detailed

Back