• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IV breeding HELP PLEASE

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    So I started my journey into IV breeding
    I´ve seen every single video on breeding and read every guide
    I need to know what am I doing wrong?

First of all, I´m breeding for a Shroomish in Pokémon Omega Ruby
    In the day care, I have a Ditto (perfect Attk and Def) holding the Power Bracer (I was told it makes the Attk stat pass on. But it doesn´t) and a Breloom (perfect Hp, Def and SpDef) holding the Destiny Knot

I´m trying to get a Shroomish with Hp/Attk/Def/x/SpDef/x out of this parents, and then breed for speed later on

So far, all of the offspring have just 1 or 2 IVs. And pretty much none of them even had Attk as one of them, eve though my ditto is holding the Power Bracer

Note: I'm not trying to get a specific Ability or Nature

Please help. What am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Hey! Sorry about your dilema! Let me think about it. but in the meantime, would you like me to breed you a 5 IV Breloom and EV train it for you :) what nature, IVs and EVs do you need on it? i will think about your question while i breed it :)

Woah! That´s really nice of you! But I'd really want to learn how to do it. I plan on IV breeding a lot from now on. And well I need 2 IV Shroomish because I need one to learn spore for catching purposes and one for battling later on. I´ve been having a really hard time understanding how to do it :(

Years
    Hmm... heres how i do it :) oh and by the way, Destinyjagold is giving away free 6IV shiny Japanese ditto's for help with breeding projects.

1. find the pokemon i want
    2. breed the egg moves i want onto it
    3. Breed the pokemon with the egg moves with a 6IV piokemon of the oppisite gender or a 6IV ditto. thats holding the destiny knot
    4. Once i find a better one with almost the IVs i want, i exchange it for the old pokemon im using.
    5. try to get the Nature i want. and make it hold an everstone, then exchange it with the newer-old one.
    6. breed untill i get the right 5/6 IV one that i want!

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Hmm... heres how i do it :) oh and by the way, Destinyjagold is giving away free 6IV shiny Japanese ditto's for help with breeding projects.

Oh... The thing is I don't have any 6IV pokemon
    How do I get that ditto they're giving away? Or if you could be so nice and get it for me... You'd help me soooo much

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
    You may find this site useful in calculating the probability of the Pokemon you want: https://mkwrs.com/destiny_knot/

You just need to keep trying, according to the site I got the result: Breeding parents 31/x/31/x/31/x and x/31/31/x/x/x
    will produce a 31/31/31/x/31/x Pokemon 4.6224% of the time or 1 out of every 21.6338 eggs!

It doesn't take into account Power Bracer, and this doesn't mean you'll get what you want in 20-22 eggs, I've had plenty of bad luck where it took 100+ eggs to get what I want when my probability was in a similar range.

Since the parents you have both have few flawless IVs, what you should do is replace parents overtime. For example, if you hatch a Shroomish that has HP/Atk/Def, you should replace the Ditto so the chances of getting what you want increase.

Double check and make sure that you gave the correct items to your Pokemon, sometimes I think I did but I actually didn't :)

EDIT: You can either post on https://www.reddit.com/r/BreedingDittos/ or learn to RNG abuse in the 4th/5th gen in order to get a 6IV Ditto. The former seems easier for a beginner though.

EDIT 2: Wonder Trade is an excellent place to get ahold of some parents, you can frequently get 4-5 IV parents. Junkmons are fairly uncommon now because a lot of people dump their breedjects there. I know for a fact that Bulbasaur are fairly popular on there, if you get a female Shroomish with a few good IVs on there then you shouldn't need a Ditto.

Last edited:
    Back