• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've changed my mind!... again

Years
  • Have you ever found yourself change your mind or an opinion? I'm sure you have, we all have! The question is how often? Most people change their minds based off of a new perspective on a topic or have been fully enlightened. Do you find yourself in this situation on a regular basis, or do you tend to stick to you guns, so to speak. Whether it be what order you're going to run you errands in your day, a belief, what shirt to wear, etc.

I personally am an open-minded type of guy, so I'm continually looking at things in a new light. However, this does not mean that I changed my mind/opinion on it often. It's more or less seeing it from the other side of things. You can still believe in something and see it from a different standpoint, or at least understand. So, the answer to my question is that I personally don't change my mind/opinion too often, but try to enlighten myself with others knowledge and stick by a schedule I layout for myself. Makes things run more smoothly!

Years
  • I change my mind quite a lot. I also change my opinions quite a lot, but not because I want to see things from another point of view. While I often change my thoughts, it is very rare that anyone else changes them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I have an opinion of something, I usually stick to it, but when a majority of people I know have differing opinions, I either stick with mine or go with the opinion that's most interesting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I am ridiculously indecisive. Like, I can not stick with anything for very long before I change my mind.

It's not because I listened to someone else's side of things or anything, because I am not swayed by other people's opinions at all.

It's just that I over-think things too much. And I'm one of those people who wants things to be perfect, though most likely none of my options allow for perfection, so none of them are really good for me and I don't know which is the best.

I make many decisions I regret because of this...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • About opinions and interests and stuff, I usually don't change my mind once. When it comes to whether or not I want to do something, or when I want to do it, I can change that quite a bit. At one point I'll be like, "I should pick up this game or watch this show," then when the time comes I'll say, "Ah, forget it." It can get frustrating at times.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
  • I change my mind so often, even when I'm in the middle of already doing something. Actually it's more that I have a timespan where I'll change my mind and if I don't do it in that timespan than I seem to stick with it for awhile. That is, unless something new pops up. Though with opinions, I tend to stick to it once I have a settled impression.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont usually change my mind very much, Im a very decisive person usually, but it depends on what I would change my mind about, Im not completely opposed to change or thinking about things differently. I dont usually change my opinions on things even if a lot of others think differently. I stand by what I think and believe.

Years
  • Change my mind? But I'm always right and I never make mistakes!

I do tend to look back and question my choices. Or I have that tendency, but I try to keep myself from doing it. I've made a lot of wrong choices (though some good ones, too) and sometimes it's just not possible to change them even though I know things would be better if I did. When that happens I don't even want to think about those things so I just roll with whatever choice I made. That's usually how I do things, roll with whatever. I like to think I'm adaptable that way.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I change my mind on unimportant things a lot. I tend to hold a lot of things in apathy, so if I make a decision and it turns out that other people would rather do something else, I can switch on a dime. But as far as my opinions on big issues, I often figure them out through argument so they end up being very strongly held, since they've already been tested through opposition.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I constantly wonder about the endless possibilities I'm missing out on or if I'm going to regret my decision at a later date so I've altered the subjects I want to study next year five times already. For example.

My opinions on certain subjects and/or people can be a little more difficult to change though.

Years
  • For the smaller things in life, I change my mind a lot. I joke that "I'm a woman, I can change my mind." :p

When it comes to morals, I tend to stay firm. It'll take something serious to change my mind.

Years
  • I tend to over analyse everything so 99% of my choices I've thought about them way more than any normal person would've have, so no. I don't tend to change my mind often.
    I'm also an incredibly stubborn person so most of the time even if I do suddenly don't want something or think that a different view is right, then I'll probably stick by my guns and continue to push on with my original choice. But it's still incredibly rare that I'll have my mind changed in the first place.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I change my mind as much as anybody would, when it's made clear to me that I should. I think that's better than being rigid about your mind being made up when you could have a better outcome from going the other way.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Over small things, I'll change my mind at the drop of a hat. Things like which restaurant to eat at, whether to take the dog out in the morning or the afternoon, the 5:30 screening or the 7:00 screening... little things like that. When it comes to life-altering decisions, however, I'm really resolute in making decisions quickly and effectively. I guess that I think that when it matters, it really matters, and wavering doesn't really do anything. Decisiveness in those situations becomes key. With regard to opinions about politics/morality/ethics/whatever, if someone can convince me to change my opinion on something through evidence, then I'll probably end up doing so if I can't think of a good counter of my own. This happens infrequently enough so that when it does happen, it's seen as something of an 'event' amongst my friends! :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't really have a problem with this anymore. A while ago, I would change my mind a lot, but not so much anymore. My problem is actually making it up. Even with small things, like where to eat and what to eat when I get there is so hard for me to manage to do without probably aggravating people I'm with who know what they want and can't get it until I pick something out. :P The same really goes for me with larger, more important things...

Years
  • People who request sprites are impatient. They're like those kids who go, "are we there yet?" the entire car ride.

It TAKES LONGER THAN 5 SECONDS TO PUT MAKE-UP ON. Try without wearing glasses, and getting fog on the glass.

I STAY INSIDE.

When people are angry, they give looks, and... IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN YOU SHOW YOUR ANGER AND NOT ME! WHO ARE YOU TO SAY IT'S ONLY OKAY FOR YOU TO EXPRESS ANGER, AND NOT ME!?

Just keep your anger to yourself, like I do... It doesn't have to be the same way.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yep.

Biggest 'change of mind' to date was when I wanted to go one University, put it as my first choice and everything, then woke up one morning and was like... I want to go Bristol.
    So that was a little scare for my education life, but it all worked out and I got released from the first choice and Bristol happily accepted me! :3​

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I change my mind about small things a lot when somebody comes up with a better reason, opinion, or explanation............which is common.

When it comes to life-changing decisions though, I tend to take a long time deciding...but once I do, I stick with them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't change my mind like, straight away, but rather a short period later. HOWEVER, usually after a while I announce that I did because otherwise I'll be called a hypocrite or something for changing it. :(

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I'm incredibly indecisive, particularly when it comes to smaller things. I always take forever to make a decision, regardless of how significant said decision may be, and when I end up changing my mind afterwards, I usually don't really say anything in case it ends up inconveniencing someone.

Back