• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I've completed my National Pokédex

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    Hi everyone. I'm new. I've not been on a Pokémon forum for about 10 years (no exaggeration), but was convinced by a friend to get Soul Silver last summer and so did. The last one I'd had was the original Silver version, so you can tell how long I'd been away from Pokémon.

Anyway, I just now completed my National Pokédex. I had my picture with Oak and saw my certificate. I was wondering whether many people have achieved this, or whether I'm actually the no. 1 trainer in the world or something. Also, do I get to see my shiny nice certificate again anywhere?

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    Wow, congratulations!! I don't know anything about what you get after finishing the National Pokedex as neither me or any of my friends have ever done it lol. I hope to complete mine eventually on Heart Gold :).

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I'm still working on catchin' them all. I currently have obtained 451 in my Diamond game. Congratulations!

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Congrats! I think its impossibly hard to finish the national dex. I got only to 200 or so pokes and then stopped.
    And, sorry to disappoint you, but others have also completed the national dex. But, I think only a few hundred or so have ever done that (if that seems like a lot, compare that to the few million that play pokemon. That is a lot of players.)

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • It's been my fondest goal ever since I knew what a National Pokedex was, was to complete it.. After 13 years, i still haven't finished it :/... BUT! I'm still working towards it on Pearl, I know I'm getting close, but I still have a long way to go!

Congratulations on finishing it yourself, I hope to feel this excitement someday myself ;)

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I've never completed one, so good job! I always catch all the Pokemon available on the version then stop because my friends don't care about trading ^^".

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Congratulations!

I'm going to have one my moments now where I let every shred of modesty go and say that I finished mine in a fortnight. And no, I still trained most of the Pokemon in my HeartGold.

But seriously congratulations it takes a lot of time and patience to achieve that.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I always seem to come close to doing it but end up restarting my file before I finish. The most Pokemon I've ever caught in Soul Silver was around 403. I was hoping I'd be able to complete it before BW came out but I couldn't quite get there.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I am going to complete my national dex before I start my Black. I am currently at 460 pokemon, I am almost there!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I completed the national dex in my HeartGold, so I got the picture as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats! The last time I completed a Pokedex was in the original Red Verion.. lol. The last Pokemon I had to catch was Voltorb :P

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Whoa Awesome! I think that it is unfair how hard it is to complete the National Dex. Congrats!

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • I'm quite young and I started my pokemon playing in Gen VI. My oldest game, Diamond, is still only like 100 caught. Another thing that distracts me from catching em' all is the new game every year and when I beat the E4 in each game, I just start breeding season for my pokemon. Stat time! Anyway, congratulations.

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • I got to about 300 on Heart Gold and I probably won't ever finish now that Black and White are out, but I'm determined to finish it on White. Good for you and everyone else here who's had the determination to do it though xD

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • I only need 15 or so more on Platinum to get 493. Trade them to my HeartGold-SoulSilver and would get the same status.

Downside is that the Arceus I own is not a legit one. As it came from an Xbox friend who lives in Florida, I expect he may have got it from someone else. Its in a Master Ball and looks to be from an AR's walk through walls. Especially since it was a Lv83 when I got it.

Yskan

Rpg creator!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    Awesome, looks to be playing hours to complete the dex
    I wonder what lies beyond this in the Heart gold ....
    Congratulations

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    How long did it take you? Over the summer, playing little by little, I got 200 on my National Dex on HeartGold, and THAT took me forever.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I just completed my dex last week ^.^ I have all 493 pokemon. Now it's onto Black where there are over 150 new pokemon... @_@

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    completed yellow version

i completed the whole pokedex for yellow and ruby

Back