• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've done it

Years
  • I have made my decision. From now on , I shall ditch all consoles and permanently move to PC gaming only. Yes, there may be exclusives that I might miss out, but I'll be honest and say that PC games are enough for me. And plus, the sales tend to be really good.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Don't worry too much! Microsoft is starting to bring their exclusives to PC, hopefully Sony will too.

Then again maybe not... Japanese game companies seem to normally be a decade or more behind with this stuff. I mean just look at the playstation's inability with backwards comparability, or Nintendos wonderful community outreach program (C&D orders for anything remotely related to anything they own).

Well at least you can play Xbone games on PC.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm trying my best to stay with PC games because it's reliable, easy to maneuver, and relatively cheap. The only stuff you need to upgrade is the graphics card as well as the HDD if you have the money! It may be expensive at first (because you have to fork out at least $1,000 unless you find a good sale), but it will be worth it for you for a looooooong time.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I've done it

You are one step closer to becoming a true man of culture.

Also, depending on operating systems, PC has everything. Backwards Compatibility, Source Ports for playing REALLY OLD games, current games, hell even free 2 download games.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • You won't be missing Xbone exclusives much... Xbox has what Halo? and what? Scalebound? oh wait they killed that off. They don't really have mind blowing exclusives like the PS4. or any exclusives for that matter. Maybe timed exclusives, but still just wait a bit and you'd get it on any other platform.

PS4 exclusives are a real loss tho... You'll never get Bloodborne or Persona 5 or Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. Also all those niche Japanese games that are only on the PS4.

PC has a bigger library, more indie games, a keyboard and mouse; if you love FPS's, moba's, mods, emulation, and steam...

not to mention you have a lot more options with a powerful PC that's not just gaming :D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Then again maybe not... Japanese game companies seem to normally be a decade or more behind with this stuff.
    Not these days all too much, though, luckily. We've been seeing an exponentially growing number of Japanese games coming to PC since the release of Valkyria Chronicles, to the point that these days we're even seeing both solid ports of older titles (most recently Bayonetta and Vanquish, which beat the shit out of the PC version of Revengeance) and simultaneous launches of games that are being released currently.

The grand majority still aren't available here but it's amazing that in just three years Japanese games on PC went from being an anomaly to an expectation. And the future's only looking brighter in that regard.

Back