• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've had it up to HERE!

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
  • Stress and anger. These 2 problematic curses of life join together to make a normal, everyday life a living hell. I get stressed pretty quickly (my hair comes off as soon as you do a little tug.), and my name should just be changed to "umadbro?", cos it's really easy to tick me off. To calm myself down, I take a sip of my favourite beverage, kick back, lay down and listen to my fan, cos that bloody thing calms me quicker than Sonic the Hedgehog can run around my block. Now, enough about me.

- How well do you take stress? Or anger? Can you suppress or nullify it?
    - Are you quick to stress and/or anger?
    - What do you use to get rid of it?

Looking forward to your answers~

Sirfetch’d

I really don't get that angry tbh. I've always been a person to keep his cool even in scenarios that would normally be very very stressful. However, when I do get mad I usually just keep to myself and calm down naturally as that has proven to work the best for me.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • - How well do you take stress? Not very well, actually.

- Or anger?
    Once again, not very well.

- Can you suppress or nullify it?
    Not really, but I find if I get too angry I have little to no memory of the event.

Depends on many factors including how much sleep I had, how hungry I am, my level of health and how my day has been so far.

- What do you use to get rid of it? I don't know. As I said before, my mind blanks out and I rarely remember what happened, so I haven't much idea on how I calm down. But if I am able to stay consciously aware of myself, I usually hit something or play violent games. Or yell really loudly at something.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't take stress very well. Usually most of my stress revolves around school and is due to procrastination, which is also my approach to curb the stress, which essentially is an endless loop.

Anger I'm pretty good with I'd say. I'm more hysterical and laugh at things I should be furious at.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I'd say it depends. If I've had a lot of things stressing me out over a long period of time, short term additions are going to result in me taking it badly. If things are going smoothly however, I might not be fazed at all! Good company is the best cure for me getting stressed out. Having good company gets me right on my feet again if I end up off them for some reason!

If I don't get that, then we get into the "do something really stupid" reactions with drastically varied results!

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • Unfortunately I'm that kind of person who collects all the stress pretty well over the time and doesn't really get angry, yet sooner or later a point is reached where this anger bursts out like a volcano and I can get pretty berserk :/

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I'm a really calm person, and I keep the anger inside; however, when the anger keeps adding up, the snowball effect takes place, and... You know.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not so bad when it comes to managing my anger. You'd have to do a lot of things to finally upset me. As for stress, I'm terrible at handling them. When I'm under stress, I wind up making decisions without putting any thought into them, which, in most cases, affect me in a negative way. :P

Years
  • I'm pretty good with managing both anger and stress. To be honest though, it doesn't take much to annoy me in the slightest way, but I'm never generally angered to the point where I'll take it out on someone; generally keep everything internally and try not to express them, would probably cause problems if that happened \: With stress, I'm used to it because of my procrastinating nature especially when it comes to schoolwork. Often times I find myself working better under pressure actually, but other stresses in life aren't that well handled.

Years
  • I suppress stress and anger as much as I can. It's nobody else's fault that I am upset at something, so why should I have to express that at them when they did nothing wrong to me? As for handling stress and anger, I pass it off like it's nothing, even though sometimes I feel that I shouldn't be doing that. And finally, when it comes to eliminating my stress and anger, all I do to rid of it is just no longer think about it.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    It's about your mindset, to be honest: I think anger and stress is self-inflicted.

Events don't inherently make people mad/stressed; being mad/stressed is your chosen reaction to said event. Once you realise this and actively try not to react in a certain way (easier said than done, of course), everything just rolls off of you.

I'm still struggling to reach that point, but it really helps keep a level head and avoid emotions getting the better of you.

Years
  • - How well do you take stress? Or anger? Can you suppress or nullify it?
    I don't take either overly well. When I get stressed I freak out more and more until I'm pretty much hell to be around for everyone on the Earth. I can't suppress stress at all. As for anger, I don't take anger well either really. Angry Pie is not someone you want to meet. I can suppress anger for a while, but then when it comes the surface it is even worse.

I'm very quick to stress, as soon as I come into a problem I struggle with my mind goes haywire. As for anger, that depends. Generally speaking I'm a very tolerant person and not quick to anger but I have a few berserk buttons. If you push those buttons, cut your losses and just run.

- What do you use to get rid of it?
    hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
    Get rid of it? Is that actually possible for other people?
    It will gradually subside over time and there are some people close to me who can speed up the process or distract me from it but it won't completely go away until
    a) it fades naturally
    b) I have a meltdown and get crazy. After that I'm back to normal usually, but option a is preferable.

FloatingMew

Keeping 1 post a day ^^
    Years
  • I cannot hold in my anger most of the time. I unleash my anger on whatever made me mad. I am very easy to get mad at my oldest brother because I try to be nice to him every time and he is always rude to me. I hate him so much. :/

Years
  • How well do you take stress? Or anger? Can you suppress or nullify it?
    I really cannot take anger or stress very well at all. In fact, one little nudge towards me and you'd better start running away, and given I have autism I can get easily pissed. Even suppressing the anger can't work, particularly if the incident has something to do with my extremely rude younger brother. I almost feel like I'm living in his shadow.

Are you quick to stress and/or anger?
    Very quick, for probably same reasons as I mentioned. If you take something essential to me away, you'd probably not want to get really close to me. In fact, my tantrums were so dangerous I sometimes ended up breaking things.

What do you use to get rid of it?
    Mainly browsing this amazing forum, or Tumblr, or watching a YouTube video but in the event that the internet gets disconnected due to my mother being a bad mood I'm forced to have to watch TV or even play my 3DS, which don't really calm me down as much compared to the internet stuff. Taking a nap also seems to help remedy my stress.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I'm a very breezy person so to speak so it's very rare for me to become super stressed or angry at all. It's a blessing and a curse. More of a blessing though. ;D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm a very patient and calmed person, I usually don't get angry, but when people make me angry I don't show any emotion I try and keep it inside me. I just wait until I get home and let the anger/stress out... and hoping next time I see that person that made me mad apologizes... otherwise I'll just ignore them.

- How well do you take stress? Or anger? Can you suppress or nullify it? - very good, I try to relax, and think of something else to take away the stress or anger

- Are you quick to stress and/or anger? - not at all, I rarely get angry

- What do you use to get rid of it? - I just get home and let it out - play games or listen to music, watch cartoons - play with pets

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I cannot hold in my anger most of the time. I unleash my anger on whatever made me mad. I am very easy to get mad at my oldest brother because I try to be nice to him every time and he is always rude to me. I hate him so much. :/

Hah I used to hate my older brother as well. He is over 10 years older then me and would always try to be my father because I didn't have one. But as soon as he had a kid he calmed down so much and now we have a peaceful relationship.

I personally tend to be relaxed around stress and I try not to get mad. Some days are crazy and I may boil a bit but don't let it ruin my day. I'm always sure to apologize to anyone I may have offended in a rage situation if they deserve one, although I've noticed many men are afraid to do so and are afraid to appear to be weak.

Back