• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    The Otoshimono arc will work well as a movie having read it. Naruto trailer looks good but so did the last one, it sucked in the end. I want to see Shinkai's film most and then the Studio Ghibli piece. I haven't read anything about the Hayate film but if it's the A-tan arc it will be a great film.

*connects laptop to TV and puts on Railgun.
    Ooo. I haven't seen the Naruto trailers, but I heard it was pretty cool. Speaking of Naruto, when I got my AP Chem. book for next year I was flipping thru the pages and found a holo Kakashi card o3o

I wish I had a laptop so I could do that :/

And has anyone seen Bleach Jigoku-hen?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Hell chapter was out ages ago so I presume DVD's aren't too far away from being released. As I have done with every other film I will refuse to watch a camrip, tbh I'm not expecting a lot from it as all but the first Bleach film have been incredibly average.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hell chapter was out ages ago so I presume DVD's aren't too far away from being released. As I have done with every other film I will refuse to watch a camrip, tbh I'm not expecting a lot from it as all but the first Bleach film have been incredibly average.

Well, it seemed interesting enough.

Spoiler:

Have you read the manga chapter on it?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I did, seems an ok concept. Tbh as long as the action is good it will be fine to watch. It's based around his Vasto Lorde(?) form so that could be pretty cool. Kazuya Nakai is voicing a character in it so it already has a couple of points from me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I did, seems an ok concept. Tbh as long as the action is good it will be fine to watch. It's based around his Vasto Lorde(?) form so that could be pretty cool. Kazuya Nakai is voicing a character in it so it already has a couple of points from me.

That's what got me interested in it the first place. 1. His VL form. 2. The Espadas.

Speaking of hollows, I wonder if the arrancar will ever make a come back again, they were the reason why I got into Bleach a while back :/

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I very much doubt that, we have a new group of eccentrics in the Fullbringers now. THe Arrancar will be ditched along with pretty much every other powerup group in the series.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I very much doubt that, we have a new group of eccentrics in the Fullbringers now. THe Arrancar will be ditched along with pretty much every other powerup group in the series.
    I don't really like the fullbringing thing. It seems similar to Bounts :/

The arrancar were the strongest tho, and I wonder what will happen with the vaizards.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Fullbring is like something out of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I like the ability but so far most of the characters suck. Riruka has moe points, Jackie has Dirty Boots that kids game ability is pretty cool. The rest are not so good though. At least it's better than the random woman in Railgun that can control the viscosity of asphalt. lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Fullbring is like something out of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I like the ability but so far most of the characters suck. Riruka has moe points, Jackie has Dirty Boots that kids game ability is pretty cool. The rest are not so good though. At least it's better than the random woman in Railgun that can control the viscosity of asphalt. lol
    Haha. Riri seems to take a liking to Ichigo, kind of like Nel did. The fullbrings are unique, but I don't really like them. Hey, controlling the viscosity of asphalt is cool! Don't diss her! /notreally

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    What's going on, watch Railgun expecting it to outshine Index I mean, Index and Touma are annoying....i'm missing both of them. I guess the main fights with Biribiri are good but seriously, missing Touma. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    What's going on, watch Railgun expecting it to outshine Index I mean, Index and Touma are annoying....i'm missing both of them. I guess the main fights with Biribiri are good but seriously, missing Touma. :/
    I actually didn't even finish Index, I was on the second to last episode that I got side tracked :x

But I'll begin watching it soon after I find a reliable place to watch/download it since I had a lot of trouble finding unblurry/messed up quality of it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Really? I think I downloaded the first season from Nyaa and the second season and Railgun from Bakabt.

Tbh Raildex franchise isn't fantastic but fun it certainly is, well for the most part anyway.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I tried watching Railgun and Index, and eh~ I can't say I really get what's the fandom all about. But I'm not into the position to judge since I never finished Railgun OR Index... or Ika Musume for that matter.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It's all cute girls doing cute things or average shonen lead indiscriminately falcon punching people. How could people not like it?
    J-E Discussion

Apart from the arced nature of the show it actually reminds me most of Fairy Tail. I mean most of the characters have 1 thing they control be it fire, electricity or whatever. There are less friendship powerups in Raildex though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I can't remember exactly how much it retails for, but it's around $50. I got it for $27 after S&H from Borders.com because they had a 50% off coupon code. It just came out this week!
    Woah, good deal! I don't really buy anime, mainly because my parents don't let me buy things off the internet, and I like to read manga online so I really just buy normal books.

I go to Borders all the time :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Screw the rules, I have torrents.

Not sure if any of you are interested but a 1080p version of The Place Promised in Our Early Days has just been put up on Nyaa. Such a pretty film but surprisingly, according to my MAL only 1 of person from here has seen it.
    I've heard of it, seen some AMV's of it on Youtube but I haven't watched it yet. It's on my 'To watch list' tho. Is it comparable to 5 Centimeters per Second in your opinion? That's one of my top films, right next to Kara no Kyoukai.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It has romance, that feeling of melancholic distance as they get older and of course a bittersweet ending. It's very much a Shinkai film, I did like 5cmps a bit better but this is still 100% worth a watch.

5CMPS>The Place Promised in Our Early Days>Voices of a Distant Star
    For his longer works.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It has romance, that feeling of melancholic distance as they get older and of course a bittersweet ending. It's very much a Shinkai film, I did like 5cmps a bit better but this is still 100% worth a watch.

5CMPS>The Place Promised in Our Early Days>Voices of a Distant Star
    For his longer works.
    Oh okay thanks. Were any of those released in English? I was planning on buying them if they were so I could watch it with some of my friends, since they don't like subs. I actually prefer to watch anime with English subs than English dubs. The voices sound a lot better in Japanese, due to it was made in Japan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back