• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I wouldn't be so sure about Gosick and Nichijou getting English dubs, seeing as many of Bandai's current releases (except K-On!) are sub-only as far as I know. As for Madoka, I'm being cautiously optimistic about it; Aniplex USA did a great job managing the English dub for Durarara!! from what I've seen of it so far, and I hope they can keep up the good work.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I wouldn't be so sure about Gosick and Nichijou getting English dubs, seeing as many of Bandai's current releases (except K-On!) are sub-only as far as I know. As for Madoka, I'm being cautiously optimistic about it; Aniplex USA did a great job managing the English dub for Durarara!! from what I've seen of it so far, and I hope they can keep up the good work.
    Main problem's gonna be the pitch and emotions imo. From the dubs I've seen, not many English voice actors can do higher-pitch voices well, much less consistently, and then afterwards putting emotions into them at the times they're needed.

Zet

Years
    So now most(if not, all) codec packs have 10bit h264 support, animu is now going to be higher quality while at a lower file size.

What are your opinions on this?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I like Coalgirls so it won't me much smaller, but honestly as long as it plays on my laptop I'll be happy.

Haven't done this in a while, what did you guys think of Needless? For some reason the op makes me want to pierce the heavens.

MagicalNeko

Magical and Fluffy Trainer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    So now most(if not, all) codec packs have 10bit h264 support, animu is now going to be higher quality while at a lower file size.

What are your opinions on this?

Fine by meee~

I have no summer anime I'm following..I think I've tried every series but 7 lives. Nothing really took my fancy >_< I'm still supposed to be catching up on steins;gate.

I hope Fall 2011 is better. Although Persona 4 = YES PLEASE

Zet

Years
    I like Coalgirls so it won't me much smaller, but honestly as long as it plays on my laptop I'll be happy.

Haven't done this in a while, what did you guys think of Needless? For some reason the op makes me want to pierce the heavens.
    Needless is a big yes! It was brilliant in every way possible.

Fine by meee~

I have no summer anime I'm following..I think I've tried every series but 7 lives. Nothing really took my fancy >_< I'm still supposed to be catching up on steins;gate.

I hope Fall 2011 is better. Although Persona 4 = YES PLEASE
    gg is rumored to be subbing Persona 4 animu.

MagicalNeko

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Needless is a big yes! It was brilliant in every way possible.

gg is rumored to be subbing Persona 4 animu.

cooool although I don't really understand the significance of different fansub groups. I understand there's a difference as some of my friends are really picky about who subs what but I can't tell >o< enlighten me?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Waiting on Fall 2011 for the following shows (at least):
    Guilty Crown
    Persona 4
    Gundam AGE
    Ika Musume
    fate/motherfreakin zero
    Last Exile
    Working
    Mirai Freakin Nikki
    Bakuman 2
    Shana III
    Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    C^3

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Is there a chart or something for the Fall 2012 anime? Or is hasn't been released?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Here's the most up to date one i can find, looks like an ok lineup to me,

Spoiler:

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Mm..interesting lineup. There a couple I might try out; Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai, albeit generic, and Bakuman 2nd season.

The Summer anime were too horrible; I hope the Fall season is better.

EDIT: And thanks for the chart.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    This season, horrible? we're obviously not watching the same shows. Usagi Drop, Penguindrum, No.6, and the rollover shows like Exorcist, S;G and Nichijou. Also I'm not watching yet but Natsume and the Gintama restart have all had good reactions.

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    The 'rollover' shows are not what I was talking about; Ao no Exorcist is one of my favorites. Usagi Drop was one of the better shows, but No. 6 was mediocre; at least to my standards. As for Penguindrum, watched only a couple of episodes, so cannot judge. I'm also going to watch Gintama'.

Scared Seven, Dark Rabbit something, R-15, Manyuu Hikenchou, and even Baka to Test 2 are horrible, yes. Very. Dantalian no Shoka even wasn't that all good. Did you try those shows? If not, don't.

The season in general was disappointing, with a few exceptions like some you mentioned.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I tried a couple and I agree but tbh nobody was really expecting much from them. Dantalian no Shoka is ok but you're right nothing special.

Forgot to mention Kamisama no Memochou and Blood-C in the last post, they're the same as Dantalian for me atm, neet more time to judge but showing some spark. (A bit of a Clamp fanboy to take that last paragraph with a pinch of salt)

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Weird, I just learned about Kamisama no Memochou, lol --has an interesting synopsis and a couple of good reviews. Might try it out for the sake of having a better opinion on this season. As for Blood-C, a show I had significant expectations for, it failed to deliver and although commenced not-so-bad, took an ill-advised route into "WTF?!" and "BORING" land. The action scenes are also weak. However, from the looks of episode 5, one of the best episodes so far, it is showing hints of promise.

Zet

Years
    Mm..interesting lineup. There a couple I might try out; Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai, albeit generic, and Bakuman 2nd season.

The Summer anime were too horrible; I hope the Fall season is better.

EDIT: And thanks for the chart.

Not sure what you have been watching to make you think this season is horrible.

Go watch some penguindrum and uta no prince-sama.

MagicalNeko

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Ooooooh I heard that apparently, C3 is supposed to be a big trick like Ga-Rei-Zero was. You know the whole...well I won't spoil it but those who watched GRZ will understand. Here's what I'll be watching~

Busou Shinki (Because I collect the figures)
    Senjou no Horizon (I love shows set in the far future where earth is beautiful)
    Fate/Zero (Fate/Stay Night was EPIC)
    Working!! S2 (YAY! I loved Working!!)
    Last Exile (...Okay the description alone sold me. I'm not familiar with the franchise >_<)
    Un-Go (I read the description on another chart and it sounded good but I can't remember what it was)
    PERSONA 4 (PERSONA 4)
    Phi-Brain (Ehhh I'll give it a go)
    C3 (Seems interstingly weird)

Maaaaybe battle spirits too, but I'm gonna have my hands full.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    So by trick do you mean that
    Spoiler:

Fall 2011 looks far from impressive, but at least it doesn't seem to be dominated by bad light novel adaptations and "cute girls doing cute things" shows like the previous few seasons. It also has the first Bones show that I've been interested in in a couple of years, which is promising. Sadly, though, for the second season in a row there's nothing from SHAFT. Are they too busy with Kizumonogatari or are they rolling in too much Madoka cash to care?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back