• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    No, it ended before the manga did and started more than three years after still somehow managed to fit filler in there.

Also, it tones Hiruma's maliciousness and general awesomeness the show down and because of that creates plot holes.

Or so I've been told. o3o

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Have any of you seen Katekyo Hitman Reborn!?

Over 200 episodes.
    action comedy school shounen
    Score: 8.621 (scored by 15044 users)

I'm looking for a long running show to start after I finish Azumanga Daioh, K-On!!, Strawberry Panic and TTGL and was wondering if this was any good.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Well, not much to say besides it being a Jump series. From what I recall, the anime hasn't been driven off from the manga too badly, though the trade-off for that is having fights that last 2-4 episodes. Another problem is that each episode starts with a recap, which you may start getting tired of.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Recaps are annoying but I scip past that and the openings/endings anyway so it shouldn't be to bad. I might give it a try.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I watched the first 10 episodes.

Then I was told that it stops being funny.

Then I stopped. I'll probably watch it when it gets dubbed by FUNi, they sent C&C to fansubbers of KHR!. I'm hoping they're boot-licking works.. o3o

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Princess Lover! looks as if it could be ok, although it looks similar to quite a lot of other things . I wouldn't not watch a show solely because it's "ecchi" though Pixy. There are a few shows which are just 20 minutes of bouncing boobs and not a lot else but there are some awesome shows about as well. Elfen Lied, Gantz, HOTD, To Love-Ru ect....

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    True. The latest episode of Sora no Otoshimono was one of the worst fanservice episodes i've ever seen.

Watching Gurren Lagann whilst tired at 2am = almost having a seizure. I actually really enjoyed that second time round xD

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Gurren Lagann is pure awesomeness.

The only way to sum up its awesomeness would be to play Kamina's Theme AKA ROH ROH Fight the Power!!! AKA Libera Me From Hell AKA Rap is the Soul of a Man! Perk Up Your Earholes and Listen REAL Close to the Theme of Lord Kamina, the Man of Raging Billows Who Believes in Himself and Points to Heaven!!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Ha, i get what you're saying.

Also the overall musical score for this anime has to be one of the best i've heard. It's easily up there with 5 Centimeters per Second and Clannad: The After Story.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ha, i get what you're saying.

Also the overall musical score for this anime has to be one of the best i've heard. It's easily up there with 5 Centimeters per Second and Clannad: The After Story.
    I loved the music in those two anime XD

Especially the ending of 5cmps [One more time, one more chance]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I haven't watched 5cps or CLANNAD: After Story.

I did watch the original CLANNAD. Good stuff. n_n

What's 5cps about anyway? All I've heard is that it's pretty. o3o
    Its basically a romance movie with some twists and turns. Simple yet amazing.

MAL said:
    Tohno Takaki and Shinohara Akari, two very close friends and classmates, are torn apart when Akari's family is transferred to another region of Japan due to her family's job. Despite separation, they continue to keep in touch through mail. When Takaki finds out that his family is also moving, he decides to meet with Akari one last time.

As years pass by, they continue down their own paths, their distance slowly growing wider and their contact with one another fades. Yet, they keep remembering one another and the times they have shared together, wondering if they will have the chance to meet once again.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    "Simple yet amazing" - nail on head.

It's one of those anime that makes you think about how doing something a tiny bit differently could ultimately change your life.

I believe i would still tear up at the end even knowing the series pretty much word for word (i studied it and another couple of animated shorts during a media course last year).

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018

It would. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it.

mmmm, not really. It's moreso ecchi over romance, though it doesn't have that supernatural element to it.

lol I remember bringing in 5cm/s to my "bring in a dvd" style anime club and the girls didn't like it, but all the guys did, and forced them to watch it anyways XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back