• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • Mobile Suit Gundam AGE is about the only thing I am definitely looking forward too. I haven't watched much recently but since I just finished Stardriver I will probably get around to watching something new.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I actually didn't know Bakuman was an Anime xD Been reading it though so I'll consider watching it. I've heard about Mobile Suit Gundam AGE so I'm considering watching that too

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I guess I'll repost my MASSIVE list of snap judgments from the J-E Discussion thread. Yeah, I can be kind of presumptuous when it comes to anime sometimes, hah.

tl;dr version:

Spoiler:

Busou Shinki: looks like a moe version of Angelic Layer used to sell expensive models. PASS.

Chihayafuru
    : I ask myself, would I be even half as interested in this if the protagonist was a man? I guess that there's a draw to women taking up hobbies that they don't normally take up. WATCH.

Guilty Crown: Like the character designs. Like Production IG. Premise could easily become a trainwreck. WATCH.

Koukai Senjou no Horizon: Not a fan of those character designs. Sunrise sci-fi shows that aren't Gundam tend to be bad. They're 1-1 this year for me with Tiger & Bunny (great) and Sacred Seven (horribad) so…I dunno. WAIT FOR IMPRESSIONS.

Fate/Zero: FAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEE. WATCH.

Tamayura ~Hitotose~
    : I need to be convinced that this isn't just cute girls doing cute things. WAIT FOR IMPRESSIONS.

Fujilog: uh…….wha? PASS.

Mashiro-Iro Symphony: "boy going to girls school" premise sets off alarm bells. The generic eroge-looking character design guarantees that this premise will be played straight and completely without irony. I can't believe Manglobe has to make series like this to survive now. PASS.

Shinryaku?! Ikamusume: sequel to one of the best series of last year. WATCH.

Working!!: I never made it past a couple of episodes in the original. That androphobic girl annoyed the hell out of me. PASS.

Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing: as sacrilege as this may be to admit, I never made it all the way through the first Last Exile. The CG was really jarring to me and even though I love steampunk, by halfway through it felt like the plot was going nowhere. It's been five years since I last tried it, though, so maybe my tastes have changed. I'd have to give that a second chance before watching this. PASS.

Un-Go: Bones has really fallen from grace in my eyes in the past couple of years. Since Darker than Black S2, the only series of theirs that I haven't dropped was FMA Brotherhood. Somehow, having no synopsis at all is probably sustaining my interest more than if it actually had one. WATCH.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: a dagger through my heart, Sunrise. PASS.

Kimi to Boku: possibly the least-interesting synopsis I've ever read. JC Staff is not a name that I generally associate with quality, so there's zero incentive for me to watch this. PASS.

Maji de Watashi blah blah: eroge adaptation. Has there ever been one not titled Fate/Stay Night that was actually good? PASS.

Lupin III: never got into the original. PASS.

Mirai Nikki: I hear much praise for the manga. Definitely intrigued. WATCH.

Boku wa Tomodachi no Sukunai
    : I've seen too much fanart of this on…uhh…fanart sites not to give it at least a try. WATCH.

Persona 4: The Animation: PERSONA 4 THE FREAKING ANIMATION WHOAAAAA. WATCH.

Shakugan no Shana III: the first never impressed me. Another sacrilege comment from me: Rie Kugimiya's voice is pure nails on a chalkboard. PASS.

Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle: It looks like a forgettable anime from the mid-00s. Oh, Sunrise, that's why. WAIT FOR IMPRESSIONS.

Bakuman Second Season: waiting for this to totally wrap up before watching any of it yet. The manga's not even completed, right? PASS.

C3: a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in something that sounds like a bad light novel premise. WAIT FOR IMPRESSIONS.

Ben-To: looks like generic fanservice but with a premise that freakish, I have to at least try. WATCH.

Battle Spirits: Heroes: Toyetic anime tend not to be my thing. I have a friend who will probably be watching this with bells on, though. PASS.

Cross Fight B-Daman: same as above. PASS.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It's not on there, but the only thing that I know I'll be watching this Fall Season is Tales of Symphonia the Animations: United World. On that list there I might just see Shinryaku!? Ika Musume because I actually watched the series before it (a miracle, I know). Some of these other ones do look interesting, but knowing me I'll be too lazy to bother watching any of them.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • -I've watched just about every Gundam series/movie/OVA there is to watch, and despite not being thrilled with direction they're heading, I'll give AGE a shot.

-I did enjoy Last Exile, so might give this new series a shot as well.

-Played Persona 4 yet not too interested in watching it animated. Trinity Soul wasn't a good experience, lol. It'll be weird seeing the main dude talking; for me anyways.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • -Played Persona 4 yet not too interested in watching it animated. Trinity Soul wasn't a good experience, lol. It'll be weird seeing the main dude talking; for me anyways.

To me as long as they give him a nonchalant attitude, and he's got a quiet personality, I'll be okay with it.

Even though I made my Souji a troll when I played.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Speaking as someone whose tastes are more along the lines of the typical 18 year old American male than most other folks on this forum...almost nothing on the list.

I am marginally interested in the new Gundam show, though. Even though the artwork looks more megaman-esque than I prefer from Gundam (Universal Century all the way), I don't have a problem with watching a good kid's show, and the generation-gaps plot device that I've read about sounds pretty interesting.

Speaking of Gundam, the other thing I'm really looking forward to is the fourth episode of the OVA Gundam Unicorn, which'll be out this fall.

Other than what I've mentioned, the sample artwork for Coppelion and the new Last Exile (haven't seen the previous series) grab my attention. The description for Coppelion, however, does not do much to impress me. Just what anime needs: more special forces units that are made up of high school girls. I don't understand this obsession anime has with school uniforms. Weird fetish, or just an easy excuse to only have to draw one outfit per character?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Here's what i'll be watching probably, couldn't be bothered to draw on the OVA's.

Spoiler:

Nathaniel.

is here
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    Right? Wako had all that teenager love drama for nothing, no one even wanted to take a bath with her v_v

Wako was just lame. As the female protagonist, she miserably failed to leave an impression, even a mediocre one.

I always liked Sarina for some reason.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Hey dere, not sure if you've noticed yet again, but upcoming series discussion goes in J-E discussion. Maybe i need to throw that in the rules instead of the OP of J-E Discussion for people to get it >>

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I see Redline is out in 1080p, finally get to see what all the hype has been about. Any of you guys seen or planning to watch this?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I'll see it whenever my laptop gets back from repair :| It's been away for a month now due to Toshiba's incompetence so I have the most enormous anime backlog.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, one thing school is good for is that it'll keep me away from the computer so I can download larger torrents, which means I get to collect more anime for next summer/upcoming breaks.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • >2011
    >prioritizing learning over Chinese cartoonz
    I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

But seriously i've been downloading big torrents recently, I think it's taken like 8 hours to do 70% of InuYasha. D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    But seriously i've been downloading big torrents recently, I think it's taken like 8 hours to do 70% of InuYasha. D:

It took 8 hours for me to download 45% of an 11 gig Cowboy Bebop torrent. I consider your speed fast. :/

Nathaniel.

is here
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    It took me 12 hours to download Break Blade's six movies (and encoded with 480p resolution -- around 150 MB each). I consider both your bandwidth tremendous with respect to mine. ):

I have a question: did or does anybody watch Kaiji? I have seen rather mixed opinions concerning it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back