• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • I saw that, haven't seen the 1st series yet but I'll probably give it a go eventually.

Also if we're talking announcements I think i read a 4th season of Zero no Kugimiya is on it's way, not excited about it although I'll watch just to have it rounded off (same with Shakugan). It's all about Hidimari season 4, best announcement all year.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I saw that, haven't seen the 1st series yet but I'll probably give it a go eventually.

Also if we're talking announcements I think i read a 4th season of Zero no Kugimiya is on it's way, not excited about it although I'll watch just to have it rounded off (same with Shakugan). It's all about Hidimari season 4, best announcement all year.

If Zero no Kugimiya is the same thing as Zero no Tsukaima, I never saw anything about it. Do you have any links by any chance?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    here. I mean there's no date yet but it's hardly unexpected.

Ohh. I'll be looking forward to it since it's one of the original series I've seen way back when. Hopefully Yamaguchi will get better. He's one of the artists that I'm actually familiar with.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Wouldn't Aizen still be powerful enough to escape soul society? Also Bleach still needs to use the Vasto Lorde.

I thought that the top-tier Arrancars were supposed to be Vasto Lordes. Barragan at least was based on his flashback, so I'd guess that Yammy, Starrk, Halibel, and maybe Ulquiorra were too. As we all know, Kubo went crazy with the power level scaling and the Arrancars were nothing in the face of the Captains' invincible plot armor. Vasto Lordes ceased to be any kind of threat after the Winter War. So much for the old "ten could wipe out all of Soul Society" hype from the early days of Bleach.

Anyone else heard of the second season of Amagami SS? And am I the only one excited? :D

I really enjoyed the first season, all of it's arcs as well. The OVA was pretty good and so was the special.

Opinions anyone?

I normally hate romance anime and yet I LOVED Amagami SS. Refreshing character designs, believable (at least for an anime) relationships, run-of-the-mill fanservice discarded for awesome freaky fetish scenes. One of the best surprises of last year for me; Tanamachi Kaoru is even one of my bishie claims! Considering the format of last season (6 arcs, 4 episodes each) I don't know how they're going to structure a second season, but I'm sure it'll be good no matter what they do.

So.......is anyone else feeling the rage over what the new Kenshin project turned out to be? Two episode OVA retelling the Kyoto Arc with Makamichi Misao as main character. I love Misao, but I still feel so incredibly trolled.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Wait, there's a second season of Amagami SS? Sign me up, I really enjoyed the first season! Hopefully I can find the time to fit it in my current watching/downloading schedule xD

*has nothing to contribute to the Bleach discussion lol*

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Doubt we'll be seeing any of those guys again, Kubo isn't exactly known for keeping groups of characters about after he's finished with them. Not really sure how many of them I'd even want to see again really, Probably only nel.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Starrk (+ Lillinette) was my favorite Espada. What a horrible waste :|

I was certain that Grimmjow would become one of Ichigo's gang/nakama/scoobies/whatever, too.
    Spoiler:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    On the topic of Bleach, I only really keep up with the English dub on Adult Swim. I know a few vague details about what's going on in the manga, but I honestly couldn't care less.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Up until the bounts Filler arc it was pretty cool, ever since then there have been so few memorable moments. Aizen got wrote to death, before that he was my favourite big shounen villain, shame really. If the next manga arc sucks I will be dropping the anime, no real point of dropping the manga I mean it's 2 minutes max p/w.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • On the topic of Bleach, I only really keep up with the English dub on Adult Swim. I know a few vague details about what's going on in the manga, but I honestly couldn't care less.

In truth, it's better to know ahead of time with Bleach so that your expectations are always realistic (read: very low.)

Up until the bounts Filler arc it was pretty cool, ever since then there have been so few memorable moments. Aizen got wrote to death, before that he was my favourite big shounen villain, shame really. If the next manga arc sucks I will be dropping the anime, no real point of dropping the manga I mean it's 2 minutes max p/w.

The last really memorable fight for me was probably Kenpachi vs. Nnoitra. After that, meh. I remember being fairly taken by surprise by the quality of the big fight from the Zanpakuto Tales arc (Byakuya vs.....that relative guy of his) because of the great animation and the fact that it was only the second time in the anime that we got to see Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi: Shuukei Hakuteiken (the white wing-like form of his bankai that he uses as a last resort), but that's filler so it doesn't really count.

I used to love Aizen as a villain, but among shounen villains One Piece seems to be the one to beat these days. Future arcs that focus on Crocodile, Donquixote Doflamingo, Akainu, and of course Blackbeard will probably leave me breathless all the way through (though I dunno, Fishman Island only started to not suck in the past couple of chapters so Oda might be running out of ideas.)

Even if I ever dropped Bleach, I'd still at least watch each week's Shinigami Cup as it's usually legitimately funny. The final Arrancar Encyclopedia was one of the saddest things ever in the anime, hah.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, the Zan Rebellion arc was pretty fun, Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo against Zangetsu and emo zanpakuto spirit antagonist voiced by Okazaki. I forget that memorable can be good or bad...In the final fight between Ichigo vs Ulquiorra we had Orihime's famous..
    Spoiler:
    scene. Anyway, after the Byakuya fight we all know the best thing to come out of the Bleach franchise was the film Memories of Nobody.

Dat ramble.

Zet

Years
  • Yeah, the Zan Rebellion arc was pretty fun, Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo against Zangetsu and emo zanpakuto spirit antagonist voiced by Okazaki. I forget that memorable can be good or bad...In the final fight between Ichigo vs Ulquiorra we had Orihime's famous..
    Spoiler:
    scene. Anyway, after the Byakuya fight we all know the best thing to come out of the Bleach franchise was the film Memories of Nobody.

Dat ramble.

Ichigo really need a filler dedicated just for that form, but then again I suppose nothing would be able to stand up to him then.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Spoiler:

Dat ramble.

I didn't hate the Zanpakuto arc, I just found most of the spirits to be lackluster in the usual Bleach filler way, and this one alone almost negated any good that came out of the arc:

Spoiler:

I really enjoyed Memories of Nobody, and Jigoku-hen should be out pretty soon, right?

So true about the comic, I never thought anyone would dethrone Lacus Clyne in Gundam Seed Destiny from the throne of "character whose dialogue consists only of repeating her beloved's name" but Orihime did it a million times over. What the hell happened to the lovable goofball from the early series?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Awww I kinda liked Zabimaru, probably up there with sode no shirayuki and Ukitake's kids...but we all know I have the best Zan anyway.

Yeah, Hell Chapter shouldn't be too much further away although I'm bot holding my breath.

I still kinda like Orihime, I always get the feeling she's going to snap which is kinda funny. Her backstory was pretty sad though
    Spoiler:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • The thing is, they weren't even true to what Zabimaru looked like back in the SS arc. Zangetsu and Zabimaru's spirits were the only two ever shown before the filler arc so I expected them to run the gamut from humanoid to animal. Instead, we got a bunch of clowns and furries, both of which ZanArc!Zabi qualified as. It was this......deep-voiced baboon man with boobies chained to a half-naked shouta and the source of endless cringe-worthy comic relief. To each his own, though :p

Honestly, I didn't like Ukitake's twins much either. Pretty much just Senbonzakura and Kazeshini for me, heh.

Soooo, I just got done watching Redline. The entire movie is like one extended Gurren-Lagann eyecatch. My verdict is that it's visually stunning but doesn't do enough with its characters, gives far too much time to villains that only exist for the sake of complicating the plot, and ends ridiculously abruptly. In spite of these flaws, it's still super-entertaining and I highly recommend it. 7/10 from me. Hope it gets an English blu-ray release so I can watch it again just focusing on the mind-blowing animation.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It was only shown a little, I think it was basically an animal form of what was in the filler, I preferred the deep-voiced baboon woman with boobies chained to a half-naked shouta to be honest.

matu

Friend Code: 3826-0525-3075
    Years
  • Zabimaru was a huge baboon with a snake tail.. Yeah.. I don't roll like that, so I'm gonna go with the filler Zabimaru.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back