• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Jaabi's Action Replay Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
    Years
    The following are things I have discovered while using my action replay on my Pokemon Diamond cart. I bought the AR to obtain event items because I live in New Zealand, and thus are unable to reach any events over in America - obviously.

Extra Note: I don't approve of forced encounters, levels and so on. While I'd like to have a Cyndaquil on Diamond, I may not ever get it through Action Replay. I did get a shiny Azuril but that was... accidental. I forgot about it after I saved. So please don't turn this into a discussion on what's right about an AR plz thnx. :D

I have been trying to encounter DPBox. I have been so far unsuccessful. I have also tried the Fainted,Fainted,Egg,Healthy + Double battle technique, but suspect it must be against a "normal" battle like Twins. Not two separate trainers.
    I think I've run out of twins however...

What interests me from my readings on Bulbapedia is that DPBox is not bug-proofed like ?????????? in RSE. Did Nintendo not learn their lesson, or just forget?

Anyway, on to my adventures!

Action: Walk through walls from Sendoff Spring.
    Observation: Position indicator on PokeTch disappears for a while, but may reappear over Fullmoon Isl. Cannot access island however. Azurill also hatched while running around while game forgot to activate no passability. Was shiny (thanks to All Shiny code) and met in "Mystery Zone". Kick ass. X3
    Conclusion: Unlike what I assumed, even maps that use the same tiles are not connected. The only maps the can be accessed this way are overworld areas. Lakes and other forest-like areas that have a dark entrance are in fact inner maps. I have not yet observed the League/surf glitch with this technique.

Action: Walk through walls, staying out of Mystery Zone but still following unintended paths to areas.
    Observation: Same as Tweaking it appears. Events pop up out of nowhere.
    Conclusion: There are NO npcs between area divides on screen! Whenever the player nears a divide between maps the screen will be empty. I've seen this three times now (during legit play) and I suspect it's to prevent what I observed from being visible.

Action: Walk through walls straight to Rowan's lab during new game.
    Observation: Rowan believes you have evolved your starter, and asks if you want to nickname "-----".
    Conclusion: "-----" might not be the same as DPBox. Otherwise you might be asked to rename "b" recurring. (At least as far as I'm aware from other's battle experiences.)

Action: Fight first battle with All Wild are Shiny active.
    Observation: Both starter and Lv.2 Starly are shiny!
    Conclusion: The shiny code also affects event added Pokemon?

Action: Walk around to back side of first grass patch outside of hometown with Walk through Walls - without rival or starter.
    Observation: Game freezes before battle starts.
    Conclusion: D: (Hold on ... I just learnt that through "tweaking" or something the Bad EGG can be encountered after a 3 sec wait, maybe that was about to happen? I switch my DS off quickly if it looks frozen.)

Action: Same as above but with starter and rival - walking around rival/Rowan events.
    Observation: Events preventing access to grass coat all grass - even area against trees.
    Conclusion: This is odd. I was able to reach grass before using same cheats, but only after I actually had a Pokemon did they become more common. Don't try this from a small ledge, you end up in an eternal loop. :O

Action: Same as above but in another Route. (With shiny code on.)
    Observation: Battle starts with player clone. Game freezes before shiny effects play.
    Conclusion: I may retry this with shiny code off.

Action: Have a Pachirisu in Amity Square and WTW out. Enter a battle.
    Observation: Battling with Buck and his Claydol. Player may end up falling through ground oddly if lower ground is nearby. (On route south of Solaceon Town)
    Conclusion: Pachirisu may be the same as above trainer. That, or partners in Amity square copy previous partner trainer data.

I may add some more soon. I'd like to walk through walls in the Pokemon Leauge but because reaching the hall of fame saves I'm too nervous to. DX
    Any suggestions or your own observations with the same actions can be placed here.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    xD
    I love your ARing antics.

I noticed
    when your in the town with the snow (I forgot its name xD)
    Go upto the guy by the boat, walk through the pillar thing on his left side, and talk to him.
    You won't go into the boat, but instead. BE INVISIBLE!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    As much fun as this sort of thread is, it doesn't really have a place in this forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back