• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Japan to get kyrouge and groudon event

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I don't care if Japan gets special treatment. Like Khrysta said, that's where the games originated and have the most active fan base. I can get a Kyogre or Groudon from my Gen IV or III games and transfer them up the generations. Nothing I'm gonna cry over and call unfair.

Also, I don't see word of this on Serebii, so where exactly is this news coming from?

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • So I just heard that b4 our pokemon bank issues are resolved, the Japanese are once again being spoiled by game freak and Nintendo and having a kyrouge and groudon event. So once again japan receives events and special priveledges before everyone else. Anyone getting suck of game freaks biased treatment towards to japan?

Yes! This! Exactly! It stupid that Japan gets things like these events first. I'm still mad Japan is the only country that has access to the Wish Chansey and Seismic Toss Kangaskhan events, those moves are so good for those two Pokémon, it may be some of their best moves, and only Japanese players have access to them.

No, wait. Those were only distributed in New York. So no, it isn't just Japan that gets (very) special priveledges. Japan didn't even get the shiny Dialga/Palkia/Giratina event everyone else did get.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Well.. Japan always receive everything. lol Moderny!

Japan always gets everything!
    Except when Japan are the only ones *not* getting something, in which case everyone conveniently forgets about those, right?

I'm still mad Japan is the only country that has access to the Wish Chansey and Seismic Toss Kangaskhan events, those moves are so good for those two Pokémon, it may be some of their best moves, and only Japanese players have access to them.

Wish Chansey egg event in late 2004-early 2005.
    Seismic Toss move tutor in FR/LG.

Granted, the Wish Chansey one isn't available anymore, but there's absolutely nothing preventing non-Japanese players from getting Seismic Toss on Kangaskhan.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Am I misunderstanding? Corocoro is a magazine independant of Pokemon, right? So they can give away whatever they want (with permission obviously) but neither Nintendo nor Gamefreak have any obligation to give away the same pokemon in any other region, right? (Just like no other outlet has any obligation to release the Wal Mart Scizor that is currently being given out) or am I completely misunderstanding and Corocoro IS part of the Gamefreak family? Thanks for clarifying

Well they have a business relationship. The Pokémon Company will destribute the Pokémon chosen in the poll when the latest movie comes out this Summer. Corocoro also does this with other games to an extent.

Back