• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese Music Discussion

Years
  • Which reminded me, I seem to only hear and catch female singers. Do the male not sing for Japan or something? I mean I've always prefer female singers and I do when it comes to J-Music as well. I just noticed that, unless I'm not expanding the interest of the J-Music as I thought :\
    Yeah, there are plenty of male singers. I'm just pulling from the current Oricon charts, but there's Mr. Children, B'z, Denki Groove, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, and Arashi (like Kura mentioned) and those are just the ones I know of.

Of course it probably is true that you see a lot more males in bands/groups than lone acts. I think all the ones I mentioned are at least duos if not larger groups.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    1) What is your favorite Japanese artist/singer/band?
    Hmmm... That's hard! But I'd have to say Miyano Mamoru. <3

2) What is your favorite Japanese song/music/genre?
    J-Pop. <3

3) Why do you like Japanese Music?
    I don't really know. I suppose after watching plenty of anime endings and openings, the theme songs must have grown on me...

4) Any suggestions (for us to listen to, of course)?
    Miyano Mamoru, Heartsdale, SOUL'D OUT, Big Bang. ^^

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • 1) What is your favorite Japanese artist/singer/band?

Hikaru Utada, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Lia, ayaka, composed stuff by Jun Maeda, DECO*27, marina, Rie Fu, Kumi Koda, misono, Maximum the Hormone, Anime themes, Aya Hirano

J-Rock and J-Pop :3

My older sister introduced me to Utada when I was like 10 and I guess it started from there!

Any within my "what artists/singers/bands" I guess...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    -Asian Kung-Fu Generation

-As of now it's Blue by BIGBANG (off their Alive Japanese version album)

-Anime really first got me into it, then it sort of attached itself to me.

-Umm, other then AKG, I don't really listen to it anymore, however, I listen to K-Pop which some artists, such as BIGBANG, have Japanese songs which are really good. Even though they have Korean accents. XD

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
    Idon't have a favourite. I listen to all kinds of bands, and I'm in one of my own (although it's Japanese and German mix). XD

Any. I'm a very musical person and I just love music of all kinds, and that includes Japanese. I listen to a ton of Visual Kei though! Lot of my music might sound like dark Visual kei-metal mixed with epic metal because I am influenced. So I would say metal and Visual Kei are my biggest category although I listen to much all of it.

When i was young, I watched Slayers: The Motion Picture and I loved the ending song Midnight Blue. I like Japan music since.

Moi Dix Mois, Dir En Grey, and D.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Sorry I can't help out much, but I'll try.

01. I only know of two bands - one sing in Japanese (heavy metal band) Omnyo-Za (not sure on spelling), and the other is the rockers that sing in English - Loudness.

02. Loudness the song I love the most is "Crazy Nights" - music video from Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oi7etAy_mA

03. I like mainly Pokémon music in Japanese, from Team Rocket, I really love their Japanese voices

04. Unless you like metal music give Omnyo-Za a listen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    1. Home Made Kazoku
    2. Feel good music, something chill.
    3. Ever since I first watched anime I've just been into it.
    4. None really since I haven't really been listening to it lately.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Galileo Galilei, GReeeeN... those two are the main ones I think of when people ask me this question, but there's so many more I couldn't even begin to list them all. XD

My favorite is sort of like, JPOP/Rock, a nice mixture of both. I also really like JRAP and Electronic though...

At first I liked it because I don't like listening to music where I understand the lyrics. But now that I do understand the lyrics, it's more of a thing where it's just a whole new pool of accessible music. I don't like being restricted into my own language/country's music scene.

Vocaloid music-- what's great about vocaloids is that if you don't like computerized voices, you can listen to amateur singers, some of whom have truly incredible voices cover these songs that are totally just about the music. They're not attached to some celebrity's image, they're just raw meaning. I particularly like Senbonzakura, VOICE, Whammy Anarchy, One of Repetition, etc. ^^

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years

Globe. Sadly, they are obscure as hell. They are so obscure that I can't even find torrents for their music. You know its obscure if something like this happens.

Globe is my overall favorite, but I've got my hands on the OST's for the Devil Survivor series. A lot of those songs are on my favorites list, but my absolute favorite is a tie between Reset (DS opening) and Battle of the Brave (DS2.)

I just do. It's one of those things that you can't really explain. To me, it just sounds good.

Get the Devil Survivor Remixed version and Devil Survivor 2 OST's. Most of the stuff is 'meh' but the good ones are some of the best songs I've ever listened to.

I'd also recommend Globe, but odd's are that you'll only be able to find a few of there songs.

Vids
    Reset (Vocal version)
    Spoiler:

Battle of the Brave
    Spoiler:

Demon of Darkness
    Spoiler:

Also, is it just me or does Battle of the Brave remind you of James Last's music?

Back