• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese Pokemon Names + Human Translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    It took me a good 45 minutes. XD Nothing I can't handle though. ^_~ I got the info from a lot of different Pokemon sites. XD Too many to name. XD

~Kelsey

Years
    Squirtle - Zenigame, i have to remember that, thanks. Dude for all that time and effort you put into it, you should summit it to a site or even yours or something.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Thanks for the compliments Zero. ^^; But I am sure that a ton of Pokemon sites have these definitions, so it'd be nothing special. XD Plus, I'm too attached to PC to make my own site. XD

~Kelsey

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
    I think olso Japanese trainer's names are pretty. Especially Kasumi and Satoshi :)

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Awwwwwwwwwws, rats. XD *pokes the censor system* o.< Well, if you want the Japanese names for the censored ones, then just PM me and I'll link you to them where they won't be censored out. XD

OK, I'll add Missingno. to the list. ^^

~Kelsey

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Hmmm... *looks at the Japanese pokedex* I hate to be a perfectionist, but some of those names are slightly wrong... Corrections are below.

Altaria - Chirutarisu
    Banette - Jupetta
    Cascoon - Mayurudo
    Crawdaunt - Shizarigaa
    Dunsparce - Nokocchi
    Espeon - Eefi
    Exploud - Bakuongu
    Feraligatr - Oodairu
    Gastly - Goosu
    Golem - Goroonya
    Graveler - Goroon
    Haunter - Goosuto
    Hoothoot - Hoohoo
    Jirachi - Jiraachi
    Kyogre - Kaiooga
    Larvitar - Yoogirasu
    Pelipper - Perippaa
    Quagsire - Nuoo
    Regice - Rejiaisu
    Regirock - Rejirokku
    Registeel - Rejisuchiru
    Relicanth - Jiiransu
    Rhyhorn - Saihoon
    Smeargle - Dooburu
    Spinda - Pacchiiru
    Steelix - Haganeeru
    Swablu - Chirutto
    Wailord - Hoeruoo
    Wartortle - Kameeru
    Xatu - Neitio

Most of those are just minor misspellings, though...

HashiriyaR32

GT-R Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 2, 2008
    this site's censor system needs to take into account the fact that some Japanese Pok?mon names have banned words in them (On GameFAQs message boards, users are allowed to post a certain kind of mushroom with a swear word in its name, because without the banned word, the name wouldn't make sense.

HashiriyaR32

GT-R Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 2, 2008
    Blastoise's japanese name is Kamex (check his pokedex entry at serebii.net for more info)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back