• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese Rock?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The only jrock group I remotely enjoyed was "High and Mighty Color". Their song worked great as the intro for Gundam SD. :P

Years
    Radwimps and Bump of Chicken are both pretty dang good, despite what you might think from their names. They're not Visual-Kei, but then the only Visual-Kei I go for is X Japan.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    Argh! Too many!
    Abingdon Boys School- especially Strength. I cant get over its awesomeness!
    Miyavi- no Im not gay. His songs r crazy
    Larc En Ciel- found it off taiko, keep on coming back to it
    I have more but thats what I'm listening to at the moment. Does Orange Range count as J-Rock?

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Oh, hell yeah! I loooove Japanese Rock.

My most notable favorites are, Orange Range, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, L'Arc~en~Ciel, HYDE, GACKT, Access... *goes on forever. 8D

I'm always listening to anime songs too. Like, almost every day really. XD

Years
    I love japanese rocks.
    Japanese Rock?

They look so peaceful in zen gardens
    Sorry, I forgot to laugh.

Maximum The Hormone + Dir En Grey =]
    I have the DEG - Obscure video as my profile video.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    QFT. They were the ones who made the opening theme of FMA; Ready Steady Go! The anime which was full of win. Although, I heard that Larc~en~ciel disbanded. :'(

No, they didn't. Hyde is working on his solo career with VAMPS, but L'Arc~en~Ciel is still together. In fact, they recently went on tour in Paris. All the members have solo projects, but Tetsu and Hyde seem to be the most productive.

I really only listen to L'Arc~en~Ciel. Both the old and new songs are simply amazing. I'm not too big a fan of GACKT. His movie with Hyde was ok.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    I only hear some from Anime, so I'm not a big fan though. My favorites are COLORS and WORLD END by FLOW. I even have COLORS on my phone. They're sung with susch emotion. I also like the other two Openings from Code Geass.

Originally Posted by VKK

"O2" from Orange Range? <33 I love that song ever so much but I didnt know it was the opening for Code Geass. How weird. LoL and I love thier new opening Flow "World's End." Awesome~~~ <33

Originally Posted by Ninja Tree
    I love japanese rocks.
    Japanese Rock?

They look so peaceful in zen gardens

HAHAHA! You sir, has made my day!

VKK

Years
    Yes....very tragic to know that your favorite bands get disband. Especially the good ones... I dislike that very VERY much D``X

About the GazettE and Girugamesh (related genres of them both), I'm already trying to get use to the ones I searched on last.fm XD Pretty good bands I found actually. .lynch, Vistlip, vamps, 12012, Oz and others I forgot ><

Now I'm trying to get back onto the J-pop-ness <33 XD

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    I don't listen to as much as I did at one point, but the groups I really like are X Japan, Janne Da Arc, Sigh (lol), Glay, older Dir en Grey (although their new stuff isn't bad), aaaaand I'll throw The Black Mages in there too.

Yeeeah, not as much as a lot of other people, but eh, Japan doesn't really make up all that much of what I listen to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I don't know if any of these qualify as J-Rock.
    - Big Bang
    - Maximum the Hormone, something like that.

vanna.

I like sequins.
    Years
    Ah, I love Jrock!
    Some of my favorites are ScReW, Versailles, the GazettE, Alice Nine., Malice Mizer (Ahhh, I miss you D': ) and An Cafe plus so many more. Jrock's one of the best genre's in my opinion ^^

KUROXFAI

in ure brain
    Years
    Dir en Grey
    Tomoyasu Hotei
    Orange Range
    Nightmare
    Lolita23q
    Quaff
    Gackt
    LM. C
    GazettE
    Girugamesh
    An Cafe
    AQUATIMEZ (alones, favorite song)
    DaiDai (srry this is only a song title)

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    J-rock is awesome. I do believe I have more J-rock and J-pop on my iPod than english music. O_O;

Couple of my favorite bands are:

SUPER BEAVER (Relatively new band, formed in '05)
    Abingdon Boys School
    ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION
    L'Arc~en~Ciel
    Back-on
    Ellegarden
    Orange Range
    Last Alliance
    Jinn if you call that J-rock...I dunno, sounds like it to me

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    Well the only band that i truly respect is the pillows and i came to know their music by the anime Furi Kuri (fooly cooly). I just said wow man this is awesome. Of course there are other bands out there that are awesome, though ive seen a lot of repetitious crap being shot out left and right, but then again what country does not have that type of stuff going on eh?

I really don't know much about japanese bands, most of the stuff that i do listen to most of the time come from anime intros/endings which i find they pick some pretty sweet tunes.

Another band that stood out was sambo master which we can see examples on early naruto intro, and in one of the bleach endings.

Back