• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Japanese Turtwig

leslij55

LIKE A BOSS
    Years
    I recently discovered the GTS, so I thought I'd give it a bash. I put up a rather common pokémon (Meditite), and asked for a Turtwig for it. Next morning, low and behold, someone traded, and I gopt a Turtwig!

However, the person that traded was Japanese, so the Turtwig's name was in Japanese. I leveled it up, so that it evolved, and it's name stayed the same. I can't change it at the name rater.

Is there any possible way to change it's name back to the English version, or am I out of luck?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    The Japanese OT most likely gave it a nickname. If it was the original name, it would have reverted to English.
    So, there's not much you can do about that.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    The Japanese OT most likely gave it a nickname. If it was the original name, it would have reverted to English.
    So, there's not much you can do about that.

Does it revert to English? I was under the impression that the name would just keep going in Japanese.

ufo

<- I used to do spriting
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    not if its evolved

the mod is correct, I have both japanese diamond and english pearl and confirmed this with a Luxray that is named LUXRAY (english) and has my japanese game's OT (TONY) and lol I don't have devices to do that and i wouldn't bother

nicknamed ones don't revert

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Just breed your turtwig, and then you will have a bunch new nameable american turtwigs. I doubt that it stays Japanese once you breed it. LOL

Mr.Squishy

Pokemon Breeder!
    Years
    Hmmm, i got a chimchar of GTS for a machoke and it had a nickname and when it evolved it's name went back to normal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2008
    It'll change on evolution if it had the default name, and won't if it had a nickname.

leslij55

LIKE A BOSS
    Years
    It must've had a nickname. I got a Japanese Chimchar off GTS, and it's name reverted to English when it evolved.

Thanks for the help. :)

Back