• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Jaw and Sail Fossils

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I chose Jaw, because I really wanted to use Tyrantrum as part of my final in-game team and boy was it worth it :) It is a totally awesome Pokemon. Next time I play XY I am going to use Aurorus. They did a good job with the final stages this time around, I didn't like them at first but now they're really growing on me.

Years
  • I really like the fossils of this generation, my preference was Tyrantrum just because I took an instant liking to its design when I first saw the released artwork but I also like Amaura cause it rhymes with my name and also sounds like "Aurora" beam which is one of my favourite moves haha :)

Years
  • Jaw Fossil. Tyrantrum looks BADASS. Plus we finally had a T-Rex Fossil Pokemon. Plus the other one was not all that appealing, and its weaknesses really suck.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I, like pretty much everyone else apparently, too picked the Sail Fossil because, "Oooh. Pretty." I got a female and everything, but I used my Amaura for about thirty seconds before it got to sit in the box and look pretty. I really love the design quite a bit though, so maybe I'll use an Aurorus for a run one day when I feel patient enough to handle how flimsy it is.

Years
  • Normally go Sail, will at some point try for girl from the Jaw.
    Freeze Dry is superlative.

Rock-Dragon-Ghost Tyrantrum walks into Pyro Pete's Bar and Ghost Curses to some Stealth Rock.

I took the Jaw Fossil in both X and Y; Amaura has too many common weaknesses to make me not want to use it.

Double Battles Restaurant (or in general) + Tricker Treat or Soak
    @ Rock-Ice-Ghost triple type for Ghost resistances and immunities, Hidden Power STAB?
    @ Gourgeist partner <3
    or Water Aurorus if you have those reasons

darn moveslots for most everything

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I chose the jaw fossil, since I knew ice/rock would be terrible.

Turns out, so was its counterpart.

Back