• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Jellicent versus Chandelure

Who is the best ghost?!

• Total voters
    Years
    I've always been a huge fan of not only Chandelure's design but also its competitive capabilities (back in Gen V, at least). I'm not a big fan of Fire types, but Chandelure will always stand out to me as one of the best ones Game Freak ever made (as well as one of the best Ghost types, too!).

Years
    Even after five years posting on this weekly poll, Chandelure is still my fave of the two ghosts though I do love Jellicent's concept as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    While Jellicent can tank hits very well, Chandelure is the way to go when it comes to offense.

Since Chandelure has Flash Fire as one of its' possible Abilities, it can have up to three handy immunities for three types. A high Sp. Atk stat is this Pok?mon's ultimate selling point. 80 base Speed isn't too shabby.

Years
    Chandelure no contest. Great offensive typing, sturdy stats across the board with a stratospheric special attack.

This powerhouse is the signature mon of the batty horror writer Shantal. The Chandelure evolutionary like is also star of one of my all time fav creepy pastas Curse of the Candle. Even this thing's cry is amazing, you can hear the glass rattle.

This Pokemon took a very difficult concept to pull off and yet managed to introduce us to a quite cute and loveable pokemon in litwick that wasn't trying overly to be adorable. Then we watched it evole into this gorgeously-colored, mysterious and foreboding ceature with a fascinating backstory.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    <p>this thread bump really confused me lmao<br>i'm glad the cute ceiling ornament is winning over the silly pink fish</p><p>but lets be real they're both awesomee</p>

Back