• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jesse & James....a couple?

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
    I was just watching "Ready, Set, Sableye" from Pokemon Advanced, and James said "Jesse, Sweetheart" O.o

Are Jesse and James a couple in this series?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    If they aren't, they should be...I don't think it is possible for a man and a woman to be together as long as they have and not form some sort of romantic relationship.

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
    XD very very true.

It's just, they HAVE been together a long time...you'd think they would be a couple

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Personally, I don't think they are. I'm able to admit that they're great friends, but a couple? No. James. Is. Gay. I'd like to first cite the Flaming Moltres episode first off. Don't tell me a normal man would wear that. Second, note his love of cross dressing, although it has not been seen in a while. He loves the cross dressing. I the manga I'm willing to admit that they're romantically involved, but in the show? No. He has an abiding love of theatre and modern dance, stereotypically gay grounds for men. But what is a cartoon if not stereotypical? As for the whole "Sweetheart" thing, I know no straight man who calls those he's romantically involved with "sweetheart." I'd go on, but I'm lazy right now. I reiterate my point that James. Is. Gay.

Jess

Banned
    Years
    Well somewhere on Serebii.net it said before that they were siblings. Howver we can learn that that is not true since* it aired the James and his family episode.And Jessie has no past but she has James.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
    Evil Togepi said:
    I think anyone would call Jesse "Sweetheart" while she's holding some sort of explosives in her hand XD

I know I would.

Being a bit of a Dodger myself, I agree with the speculation with James being a homosexual. I do this it's a valid, debatable statement. I think there is really nothing wrong with that either. I think they're more, how shall I say...girlfriends. I think that's a good term to put it as. Though I am willing to accept the fact that one day, my speculation may be proven wrong. But so far, many signs point to him being a homosexual.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    Musashi and Kojiro can't be a couple because Kojiro is obviously gay. Not only does he love to cross dress, but remember the movie "The Power of One"? Unless 4Kids dubbed the line this way for fun, it's proof Kojiro's gay.
    Musashi: "When you deal with the opposite sex you're only asking for trouble!"
    Kojiro: "And that's the kind of trouble I stay out of!"
    Nyarth: "You two don't need the opposite sex since you've got each other!"

There you go.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    That's it! Does anybody remember the episode where there was a talking Gastly? And James saw the maiden that was turn to stong? James is straight! *Also what's wrong with cross dressing?*

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    PIKA2 said:
    That's it! Does anybody remember the episode where there was a talking Gastly? And James saw the maiden that was turn to stong? James is straight! *Also what's wrong with cross dressing?*
    I agree with you 100%. James is definitely straight. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay... James just isn't though. The Ghost of Maiden's Peak is the episode you're talking about. And also in the episode School of Hard Knocks he liked that girl Gizelle. He is not gay. And there is nothing wrong with cross dressing either... it doesn't mean he's gay. Jesse cross dresses to ya know...

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    But underneath, that Gastly was male. Besides, how many straight men do you know who cross dress. And the fact that Jesse doesn't means nothing to the current discussion. Furthemore, on the off-chance that James isn't gay, in the same episode Jessse is mad at the Gastly for the way that the illusionary woman "Gets her men." Not man, men. Jesse hold no interest in James, and vice versa. Also, there's the evidence from P2k, which had a similar line in Japanese. Also, note the banned Holiday at Aucopulco. Don't tell me that a straight man, even one who cross dresses would wear THAT. I haven't seen School of Hard Knocks in a while, I'll have to check that out.

Years
    What the heck's going on?!?! He's NOT gay! In one of the older posts, someone said an episode contained the evidence that he's straight. I believe it went like this...

Guy: "I've heard you're looking for a man."
    James: "What?! I'm not that kinda guy!"

Hey, don't get me wrong, but that's what somebody posted. I don't know for sure. Regardless, James isn't gay. And how the heck can you think that Gastly is male in that episode? Genders for Pok?mon weren't introduced until the Gold/Silver series. (except for Nidoran Male, Female, and their evolutions) And even then, how can their be a female Seaking or a Slowking? It doesn't make sense! (In Pok?mon Stadium 2, one of the Mr. Mime rentals is a female!)

Ok, getting off topic. If Jessie and James weren't a couple now, I'm pretty sure that they will be. For some strange and odd reason, they seem like they belong to each other... *shudder*

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    dqle said:
    Guy: "I've heard you're looking for a man."
    James: "What?! I'm not that kinda guy!"
    When was that? I sure don't remember it...

dqle said:
    In Pok?mon Stadium 2, one of the Mr. Mime rentals is a female!
    That's because Mr. Mime is it's lousy dub name. Remember these things are translated from Japanese, and "Mr. Mime"'s real name romanized is Barriered.

By the way, on the Gastly thing, it was in the shape of a woman. I've only seen the ep once but if I recall Takeshi and Kojiro had no idea is was a demon, they just thought it was a beautiful woman. I still think Kojiro's gay but that ep isn't very good evidence.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    James is very affemeninate, of course, but straight. Although he does seem to be terrified of women at times, he has been infatuated with others...

James had no idea that the girl was a Gastly on The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, therefore, he had every right to be as enthralled with her looks as he was. I'm sure there have been other instances of his showing affection for a woman, but he's never shown affection for a man on the show. I think the writers just want to make him a bumbling servant to Jessie who has no cares in the world except capturing Pikachu...with the life he lives, there's no time for romance. I think that James and Jessie would make a nice couple, and if the show was made for teenagers instead of little children, I bet they would have a relationship, if even a small one, something like James liking Jessie but Jessie not caring for James. Does anyone remember James's voice from the early episodes? He seemed very masculine back then...and don't even bring the rose into this, he holds that for dramatic effect. i believe his current voice puts a lot into these suspicions as it's not as masculine as most mens' voices sound. I think James was sort of scarred for life after his arranged marriage to Jezebelle, and wanted nothing to do with romance whatsoever. He crossdresses because his profession of thief demands it at times, and I haven't ever seen him crossdress when he hasn't had to, but I reiterate my main point that he's quite straight.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Yeah James is straight. Just like Chairman Kaga said.. he didn't know it was a Ghastly... he fell in love with the maiden. Just like Brock did. He never fell in love with any guy on the show. Ever! And yeah he's afraid of women because he was traumatized by Jessebell when he was a child. They make him seem more feminine because Jesse is supposed to be like the leader of Team Rocket. It has nothing to do with him being gay. Neither does the crossdressing or the rose. I did like the rose though... I miss it! It was his trademark.

This thread really had nothing to do with the question of is James straight or not. I don't believe he's gay though. But I have seen some affection between him and Jesse... but moreso in the earlier episodes. Escpecially around the time of the St. Anne. They would make an interesting couple... but it's most likely not going to happen though...

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    James is very affemeninate, of course, but straight. Although he does seem to be terrified of women at times, he has been infatuated with others...

James had no idea that the girl was a Gastly on The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, therefore, he had every right to be as enthralled with her looks as he was. I'm sure there have been other instances of his showing affection for a woman, but he's never shown affection for a man on the show. I think the writers just want to make him a bumbling servant to Jessie who has no cares in the world except capturing Pikachu...with the life he lives, there's no time for romance. I think that James and Jessie would make a nice couple, and if the show was made for teenagers instead of little children, I bet they would have a relationship, if even a small one, something like James liking Jessie but Jessie not caring for James. Does anyone remember James's voice from the early episodes? He seemed very masculine back then...and don't even bring the rose into this, he holds that for dramatic effect. i believe his current voice puts a lot into these suspicions as it's not as masculine as most mens' voices sound. I think James was sort of scarred for life after his arranged marriage to Jezebelle, and wanted nothing to do with romance whatsoever. He crossdresses because his profession of thief demands it at times, and I haven't ever seen him crossdress when he hasn't had to, but I reiterate my main point that he's quite straight.
    Interesting views, but as for the cross dressing part, in the instances where he has done so, many of the times he had the option to dress like a man, not a woman. There's a Jouto episode where he's dressed like a bride rather than a groom, for example. And the one that often stands out for me is the "Fashion Flash" ep in the first season where Musashi's and Kojiro's outfits should be switched. I have more examples, but I think you get my point.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Jeikobu said:
    Interesting views, but as for the cross dressing part, in the instances where he has done so, many of the times he had the option to dress like a man, not a woman. There's a Jouto episode where he's dressed like a bride rather than a groom, for example. And the one that often stands out for me is the "Fashion Flash" ep in the first season where Musashi's and Kojiro's outfits should be switched. I have more examples, but I think you get my point.

In the Johto episode that you mentioned, although I don't remember it right offhand, I think that in many cases James attempts to match Jessie's outfit (was she wearing a bridal outfit also?) Since Jessie is the dominant member of the TR duo, she can probably get James to do whatever or dress however she wants him to...as for Pokemon Fashion Flash, although it's one of my favorite episodes I don't remember a lot about it...all I can remember is that both Jessie and James's outfits were odd...sort of flamboyant but unis?x in a way I suppose.

But, might I add, this is James at his creepiest:

Jesse & James....a couple?

Back