• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto in the Trainer Memo

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    Coronis has brought an interesting piece of information to my attention.

The Japanese web sites, which unlike their English counterparts have not ceased research on Diamond and Pearl, have developed a program called Pokémon Maker. Although its functions are limited to certain third-party accessories, the program sheds an interesting light on the Trainer's Memo list of names. Other than the game locations, there are the two Pal Park descriptions, namely "Transferred from Hoenn" or "Transferred from Kanto," and a chunk of yet-unused names.

If to get to the point, there is a description which reads "From Johto." Notice that the transfer terminology is absent. Another description says the same for Shin'ou itself.

What could this mean? Ruby and Sapphire's Trainer's Memo does not acknowledge FireRed and LeafGreen, nor vice-versa. Emerald, however, does include the list of FireRed and LeafGreen locations. This time, Game Freak might have decided to be more thorough, or rather less secretive. Should there be Gold and Silver remakes in Generation IV's future, Diamond and Pearl will regard Pokémon obtained in those games as being from Johto, while the remakes will regard Pokémon obtained in Diamond and Pearl as being from Shin'ou.

There seem to be many other Trainer's Memo descriptions for events, among which are those for Pokémon Movies 6-16. This does not really bode well for the feasibility of the above, seeing as movie Jirachi, Deoxys and Mew are described as transferred from Hoenn or Kanto, and even Manaphy occupies the game location at which it happens to hatch. Besides, the idea of movie 16 being relevant to Diamond and Pearl is quite ridiculous.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    That would be cool. I can already imagine Johto in Advance - DS graphics.
    And what F.L.Y. said, makes sence. I still think Crystal is one of the best games ever.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    You know, come to think of it, my friend mentioned one might be able to travel to Johto in D/P. I'm not exactly sure if it's confirmed yet, though...

Still, I'm likin' the idea of a G/S/C remake, especially Crystal, since it was my favorite. lol ^_^ Thanks for bringing this up, sena. :)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    they'll have to make a remake... imagine the wait until the third game of the D/P series...

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    You know, come to think of it, my friend mentioned one might be able to travel to Johto in D/P. I'm not exactly sure if it's confirmed yet, though...

Still, I'm likin' the idea of a G/S/C remake, especially Crystal, since it was my favorite. lol ^_^ Thanks for bringing this up, sena. :)

Its confirmed that you cant go to Johto

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    A possible remake of G/S/C??? WOOT!

That would be fantastic, I've been waiting for a remake of G/S/C for ages *Crosses fingers*

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    Thats awesome G/S/C were the best in my opinion . Jest imagine the WiFi capability's for the remakes if there made .

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Johto has been use in refernce the Advance games. If I remember right a person said something about coming from Johto.

Still that what I have always been thinking. That if the going to make a G/S remake then it going to be on the DS. FR/LG came out to close to the release of DS so I don't think they would have made the G/S remake till after the release of the DS. Still I would like it to be on the DS anyways. Bigger syetem more junk the game can have. Maybe Johto won't feel so easy and short.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Well, considering this is a new generation and the time function back in (Which in GSC's case was the most important new feature), I guess it's only a matter of time until they actually do it. *backs into lurk mode*

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    ...Oh really? How about some proof? Oh wait...there is no proof? Ya know why? Because you're lying.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Well we will see then, won't we.

*makes a rude gesture with finger*

Oh wait I can't do that because none of you can take a joke concerning so-called "threats".

Ignore my imaginery rude finger.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    GSC remake=win.

OR it could just mean that Sinnoh and Johto are next to each other, so there's no need to say that it was "transferred" from somewhere.

Let's see. There's been a pic of an anime style poke-world map somewhere, but anyway, it shows that Hoenn is south of Johto, and while not really shown, the Sevii Islands are south of Kanto. An area north-west of Johto is all covered in clouds. But now I'm getting off-topic by a lot, so I'll just stop now. It's all speculation afterall. :P

dakelland12

fire type master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2007
    i hope there a remake of the johto region because i loved the johto region. please be a remake

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back