• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Johto is the most boring region

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I liked the Johto region, although this is probably nostalgia, as I started with HG/SS. At least Johto isn't always being referenced to like Kanto. Seeing Kanto reference after Kanto reference just makes my hate for the region grow.

Mystelex

1. The plot is what makes it really interesting.
    2. A lot of new features.
    3. Goldenrod City.

But yeah, the caves and dark places were a bit... Depressing?

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
    Johto isn't boring landscape wise if you think of it in perspective—at the time it came out, it was very gorgeous for a Pokémon game, and HGSS are even more beautiful. Sure Kalos and Alola are much nicer looking, but they're also the product of having better tech when designing them and tbh Sinnoh and Hoenn have been the most bland looking regions to me, which is a small part of why I have never completed a game in either location.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Hafta agree here. Whilst my least favourite is Kanto, Johto comes a close second due to how empty it feels. Maybe it's just due to the fact that we've been spoiled with regions that are so rich with content, but when I think about Johto in comparison to the likes of Sinnoh or Alola, they're just on a totally different level. HGSS are great games, but Johto just doesn't cut it for me personally.

Back