• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto Journey Journal - Share Your HG/SS Travelling Stories‎

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'll make this kind of like a Journey blog, lol.

I thought of doing everything differently the first time I play the game. My final savegame is going to be in the second playthrough, which is going to be in the English version.
    So, for now, I have chosen to play as the female character. I named her Kris. My starter is Totodile.

I like the graphics this time around, and some of the music are great, but a lot of music has been changed too much from the originals, and/or made too much cheery, lol.
    It seems that the grass has a much increased encounter rate now, and almost every six steps something appears... Even the caves feel like they have a lower encounter rate.

I am really happy with the game, but also pretty disappointed for some reasons...
    One of those many reasons include that I heard Cinnabar is still destroyed... Another is how they made some things lose their original feel. There's a lot more stuff that made me disappointed...

Silver's theme was awesome, but all the music sounds like they are trying to beef all the soundtracks up with too many instruments.
    But anyways, the music added a feel to the battle with Silver, and it surprised me how even the normal wild encounter music, and the normal trainer music sounds so much awesome.

I got all the phone numbers that I could yet, and I don't think there's a storage limit this time, is it?
    The Sprout Tower was some memory-stirrer, and the elder now has beard, at least for his sprite, yay, lol.
    Falkner's Pidgeotto was actually a challenge for me this time, can you believe it? That's also because I didn't heal in between after facing the other two trainers, and also because I only had my starter till now.

The Ruins of Alph is one of my most favourite places, and this time I love the looks of it. The music is awesome too, though I feel they could have done better.
    At first, I really wondered what that was overhead when I was reaching for the Union cave. Later I realized it wasn't a bridge, but the tracks for the Magnet train!

Azalea was accessible from a rainy route, which is after the redesigned Union Cave with a different build.
    The images they show you when you enter places are awesome, and the Slowpoke cave's final Rocket member - the admin, that is - managed to poison my Pokemon as it has always done in the past! XD
    Kurt already gave me three custom Pokeballs, and they're good. They don't seem to be drawn with the right colours, though...

Bugsy was a little bit easier than the last time I played the game...
    Getting the two Farfetch'd was really something bothering at first. I went to sleep, as I was feeling sleepy.

The next day, I found out how to get the Farfetch'd in my clutches. It was to get them from their exact back when they have their backs turned on with you tricking them.
    Headbutt move tutor scared me a little there, lol.
    I don't understand what happened to the Odd egg, and why I didn't get it this time.

Nevertheless, I entered Goldenrod with my Croconaw, Togepi, Mareep, and Oddish!
    Goldenrod's music is a bit too happy, I must say! It's okay, but it has lost the original essence to an extent.
    I took photos in the Underground as a rocket, and now, I'll challenge Whitney!

Xeo

Years
    I got all the phone numbers that I could yet, and I don't think there's a storage limit this time, is it?

I hope not. xD

OT : Healing up my Pokemon before fighting Whitney, beat all the trainers in her gym.
    Current team : Lv 20 Pidgeotto Lv 20 Flaaffy Lv 19 Croconaw

Screw Milk Drink..

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I am in the National Park. Playing the Bug Catching Contest.
    ...my Flaafy isn't in good health when we started. I'm worried.

Years
    i'm on my way to olivine city.

Team:
    Quilava lv 24
    Flaafy lv 24
    Fearow lv 25
    Tentacool lv 21
    Paras (Hm slave) lv 6
    gonna catch a gastly tonight

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
    Years
    My SoulSilver Journey:

So, I haven't gotten very far yet. I'll edit this post or write other posts to let you know my current location, Pokémon and number of badges.
    I decided to write current progress + 3x update in one post and then I'll write another post, so that I won't fill a whole page

Pokémon: Zubat (11), Cyndaquil (13)
    Badges: 1 (Falkner)
    Side-Quests: Sprout Tower - finished before the GYM challenge, next Side-Quest: Ruins of Alph

progress 01: I've completed the first Ruins of Alph puzzle and I caught a new Pokémon - Mareep! It'll surely help me a lot.
    Other types I'd like to have: Water/Ice, Psychic/Ghost, Steel. We'll see! I'll write new progress soon!

Progress 02: My egg just hatched!

Pokémon: Mareep (7), Zubat (11), Cyndaquil (13)
    Badges: 1 (Falkner)
    Side-Quests: Show Togepi to Prof. Elm
    Main Quest: Continue to Azalea Town

Progress 03: My game froze, so I lost some of my progress. I've found Dome Fossil in the Ruins of Alph using Rock Smash, but after the game froze, I got Old Amber instead (my strategy is to break all the rocks, leave the map, return back and break them again and repeat it).
    I've shown Togepi to Elm and obtained Everstone, trained Mareep a little (level 9) and decided to keep Togepi in party as HM slave ...

More of my journey in another post!

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    still training my Growlithe for the battle with Jasmine

my team:

Feraligatr Lv32
    Ampharos Lv31
    Pidgeot Lv30
    Growlithe Lv22

Edit:

Just defeated Jasmine, i lost to her the first time when Growlithe was at level 22, after it reached lv25 i tried again, i bought revives and potions beforehand and went to battle her, my growlithe managed to get magnemite's health down to a quarter with Flame Wheel and got knocked out with thunderbolt on the next turn, i switched to my hm slave and used a revive on Growlithe, i switched back to Growlithe when Oddish fainted and knocked out Magnemite, she sent out Steelix and i sent out Feraligatr, i knocked it out in two hits and she sent out her other Magnemite, i sent Growlithe back out again and used Flame Wheel leaving the Magnemite with 1/4 hp, Growlithe got knocked out so i switched to Machop and restored Growlithe with a revive, i switched to Growlithe when Machop fainted and knocked Magnemite out with another Flame Wheel, i got the badge and the tm and left the gym

My team so far;

Feraligatr Lv33
    Pidgeot Lv31
    Ampharos Lv32
    Growlithe Lv25
    Oddish Lv5 (HM Slave 1)
    Machop Lv21 (HM Slave 2)

Edit 2:

Just beaten Team Rocket in Mahogany Town and Pryce at the gym
    My Team;

Feraligatr Lv33
    Ampharos Lv34
    Growlithe Lv30
    Pidgeotto Lv31
    HM Slave 1
    HM Slave 2

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I just saw Suicune for the second time (In Cianwood), and my team is:

Croconaw Lv. 28
    Flaffy Lv. 28
    Pidgeotto Lv. 27
    Gloom Lv. 27
    Wooper (HM Slave)
    Sudowoodo (HM Slave)

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I got a shiny Totodile first thing, which was pretty awesome. I am now going back to Elm after beating Silver, and I'm hoping I can catch something good soon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I got a shiny Totodile first thing, which was pretty awesome. I am now going back to Elm after beating Silver, and I'm hoping I can catch something good soon.
    Congrats~

I just beat Falkner. Now to hatch me some Togepi because I want to train it.

omgwut Where is my Togepi egg ;;

OMG I ACCEPTED WHERE ARE YOU ;;

Naruto456910

Sareo Yukimura, The Original..
    Years
    Pokemon Heart Gold:

Team Rocket Radio Saga: Fighting Silver at the begining of the underground rocket base.

Badges: 7

Team:

Typhlosion lvl 39
    Pidgeotto lvl 31
    Weepinbell lvl 30
    Shiny Gyarados lvl 31
    Tentacruel lvl 29
    Syther (currently leveling up) lvl 14

Number of Caught Pokemon: 18

Partner Pokemon: Typhlosion

Things are going pretty smoothly. :D

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    just arrived at Blackthorn City gym, battling the first gym trainer

my team:

Feraligatr Lv36 (Level 37 as of edit)
    Ampharos Lv35
    Pidgeotto Lv35
    Growlithe Lv36

I'm using Ampharos and Feraligatr against the trainers to level them up, i will be using the route leading back south to Route 29 to level up the rest, aiming on level 40 for Ampharos and Feraligatr and 38 for the rest of the team (i'm going to try and get them to level 40 though)

Edit: after i defeated the first gym trainer i've decided to train on Route 46 first

Last edited:

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    I saw my first shiney!! in the game. it was a pidgey. too bad it was at the beginning and i didnt have any pokeballs yet. i was soo sad. Right now i am in belsprout tower with a level 10 beedrill and level 14 chikorita.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I am training my Togepi on the route above Cherrygrove. : 3 It's level 9 right now. My Quilava is level 17. Oh, and my Togepi is female. (b'')b

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back