• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto Journey Journal - Share Your HG/SS Travelling Stories‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
  • I got SS today!

-Started game and decided to pick the male character and named him Jon.
    -Chose Totodile and Nicknames him Croc.
    -Creamed Rival
    -I was going to name him Silver, but then I realized that Silver was 6 letters, so I went with Silvr.
    -Traded over some eggs. (Torchic, Eevee, Onix, Mareep, Dratini)
    -Hatched then traded all over to my Pearl for training, then back to SS.
    -Got to violet
    -Did the Sprout Tower event
    -Beat Falkner using my Flaffy.
    -I am on the next route by the tracks.

Team

Croc (Crocanaw) level 18
    Toro (Combusken) level 17
    Nite (Dratini) level 16
    Rocky (Onix) level 15
    Eev (Eevee) Level 1 holding a soothe bell because I want to evolve it into a Espeon
    Volts (Flaffy) level 16

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Just defeated Blaine, going to talk to Green on Cinnibar Island and turn my ds off after that, i will probably carry on tomorrow once i've been to call for my friend, also once i defeat Green i will probably challenge the E4 again

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv81
    Infernape Lv80
    Espeon Lv81
    Spiritomb Lv80
    Rhyperior Lv81
    Togekiss Lv81

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Just defeated Blaine, going to talk to Green on Cinnibar Island and turn my ds off after that, i will probably carry on tomorrow once i've been to call for my friend, also once i defeat Green i will probably challenge the E4 again

Is the E4 better after beating green or only after red?

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • I continued on and defeated all the trainers up towards the Lake of Rage. I went back to Mahogany Town and healed my Pokemon. Afterwards I went all the way back to Goldenrod and bought 16 Ultra Balls. I then rushed all the way back to the Lake of Rage and successfully fought and captured the Shiny Garyados and named her Rage. I then spoke with Lance and agreed to help him beat Team Rocket and headed back to Mahogany where I healed my Pokemon and saved and quit the game for the night.

Current Team:
    Fox (Eevee) Lv 25
    Fire (Quilava) LV 25
    Bird (Pidgeotto) LV 25
    Tanuk(i) (Furret) LV 25
    Leaf (Weepinbell) LV 26
    Rage (Red Garyados) LV 30

Future Team:
    Fox (Espeon or Umbreon)
    Soul (Lugia)

I'll continue sometime tommorow...probably at school if ive got nothing to do...

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • some little updates..

- surfed to the way to cianwood, but stopped and returned to olivine.
    - trained pidgeotto and vulpix for a little while.
    - get back to goldenrod and get my eevee (it's a male btw. nice, 75% of my team are female, hahah. counting sunkern that i'm going to use later XD)
    - currently training eevee in route near violet city and give him a soothe bell. i'm going to evolve it into espeon.

so, my current team so far..
    Spoiler:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Is the E4 better after beating green or only after red?

I think it might be after defeating Green, on my old save i went after getting all 16 badges thinking it might be easy training battling level 40-50 pokemon but i found out they had upgraded their teams

Update 13:18PM: Beaten Green, heading to Oak's Lab then off to Silver Cave to battle Red, i know i will probably lose as i have increased his levels by 10 (using an editing tool).

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv81
    Infernape Lv81
    Espeon Lv81
    Spiritomb Lv80
    Rhyperior Lv82
    Togekiss Lv80

Update: Just defeated Red on the first try, i thought i would lose as his team was;

Pikachu Lv98
    Snorlax L92
    Venusar Lv94
    Blastoise Lv94
    Charizard Lv94
    Lapras Lv90

Not sure what i will be doing yet, i may use the the gym editor to raise the levels of all the gym leaders (e.g. Falkner Lv12 Pidgey, Lv14 Pidgeotto), i won't be able to raise all of them as the trainers would remain at low levels, i would probably add two levels

Update: My sister found my Pokemon Diamond game, it went missing ages ago and she found it tonight, i can trade without having to use Pokesav now (making a copy of the pokemon and putting it into hg), i'll be doing a full playthrough once i finish Heart Gold again (just started a new game)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Okay, so I have four badges now. My team now has four Pokemon. Nothing that special.

Meganium Level 32
    Ampharos Level 32
    Shiny Gyarados Level 34
    Natu Level 24 (Training)

: D

Edit:

OMFG I just caught a Shiny Tentacool! Omg o: Gtfo Gyarados~

Johto Journey Journal - Share Your HG/SS Travelling Stories‎

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Today I beat 3 gyms, Ecruteak Olivine and Cianwood. I encountered Raikou about 5 times today, Caught a the shiny gyrados, And beat the secret Rocket boss under the old mans shop. I'm now currently in the 7th gym, Beating the puzzles my team is:
    Quilava - 33
    Heracross - 33
    Ampharos - 33
    Espeon - 33
    Gyrados - 33
    Corsola - 20 (HM slave.)

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Okay Here's what I did last night.
    -Got through Union Cave
    -Beat Rockets at the well
    -Beat Bugsy
    -Beat Rival
    -Returned the Farfetched
    -Made it to Goldenrod
    -Got Radio Card
    -Beat Whitney
    -Got third in bugcatching contest

Heres what I did today
    -Made it to Ecrurteak (sp?)
    -Beat Rocket
    -Beat Morty
    -Traded Pokemon to Pearl to train
    -traded back

Current Team
    -Croc (Feraligatr) level 32
    -Toro (Combusken) level 30
    -Volts (Amphuros) level 30
    -Rocky (Onix) level 30
    -Nite (Dratini) level 29
    -Eev (Eevee) level 4 holding a soothe bell so I can evolve it into a Espeon.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
  • Moved up a few pages. Check here for my HeartGold Progress. Updated with Pictures + extras. :]
    Open Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mr Saturn

GUREITO!
    Years
  • Since last time, I beat Red again, I got my 3rd star on my trainer card by the Pokéthlon method, and I've been trying to get a 100 streak in the battle tower. That said, I'm having a tough time getting past 22. :/ SOMETHING always comes out of nowhere and destroys my team. By it going first, or critical or something. If I can't even get to 50, I wonder how the heck I can get to 100. Anyway, after numerous failed attempts at the Battle Tower, I'm going back to catching legendaries as a break. I caught Mewtwo pretty easily last night and I think I'll give Zapdos another go!

My party:
    Scizor Lv. 84
    Pidgeot Lv. 84
    Espeon Lv. 85
    Weavile lv. 86
    Ampharos Lv. 86
    Feraligatr Lv. 87

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    my team is feraligatr lv 33 ampharos lv 31 victreebel lv 30 magnezone lv 31 pidgeotto lv 31 red gyrados lv 30

pokemon hgss rocks can't wait for them in english

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    My team ? I guess they're high leveled and some of them are EV Trained in Diamond . yes Ive beaten red for maybe 1 week ago or less lol

1-Lucario Lv.85 ( EV Trained 252 Atk , 252 Spe )
    2-Infernape Lv.85 (EV Trained 252 Atk , 252 Spe )
    3-Typhlosion Lv.65 ( Starter )
    4-Ho-oh Lv.54 ( Brought to Diamond for EV Training 252 Atk , 252 Spe . now its in my HG )
    5-Red Gyarados Lv.49 ( Currently its my Water HM Slave xD )
    6-12th Movie Arceus Lv.100

Ive got many legendaries in my PC , and Palkia from the Arceus event .

since Ive already beaten the game completely , all what Im doing now is Rebattling the Gym Leaders , having fun in the battle frontier , and Listening to the Old themes via GB Player lol =p

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • i'm restarting my unused HG :3
    - picked a male character, that i named hibiki also.
    - picked cyndaquil of course!
    - beat rival. named him "haruka" or "haruki" idk, i forgot ):
    - arrived on violet city! caught a mareep (again)
    team so far:
    Spoiler:

meanwhile on SS, i'm still training my eevee. it's level 18 now. hopefully it'll evolve soon.. does certain pokemon's friendship increases much faster when you have it walking with you though?

Years
  • i'm restarting my unused HG :3
    team so far:
    Spoiler:

meanwhile on SS, i'm still training my eevee. it's level 18 now. hopefully it'll evolve soon.. does certain pokemon's friendship increases much faster when you have it walking with you though?
    noice team, and yeah, i'd say it'd increase faster :3
    mean while, i've been letting my little bro play HG, and he's currently training in anticipation of whitney, he has a quilava, flaafy, weepinbell and a growlithe.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    i'm restarting my unused HG :3
    team so far:
    Spoiler:

I dunno why people like Mareep line on their team lol , as it isnt strong and fast like Raikou ..

you would be lucky if you got Timid Cyndaquil xD , since Quiet raises the Special Attack and Lowers Speed lol

Years
  • I dunno if this is considered SPAM, but...
    Could you guys all stop posting? You're making me incredibly jealous. It'd be great if you could all just stop talking about HG and SS until it comes out here in Europe.
    Regards,
    Giradialkia.
    (=D)

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Here's what I happened last night after I posted.
    -Made it to Olivine
    -Went to the lighthouse, but couldn't figure it out so I gave up and went to Cianwood.
    -Beat Chuck
    -Saw Suicune then beat Eusine
    -Went back and figured out light house
    -Got medicine and healed Jasmine's Amphuros
    -Beat Jasmine
    -Started to go to Mahogany.
    -Got on the water and music started playing like a battle was starting, I though it sounded kind of different, but then I looked at the screen and there was Entie! I hadn't really planned on Catching the Legendary Dogs until later, but I had one Quick Ball that I decided to use. It shook one, then twice, then a thirdt time, then.........the dang thing busted open.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Here's what I happened last night after I posted.
    -Made it to Olivine
    -Went to the lighthouse, but couldn't figure it out so I gave up and went to Cianwood.
    -Beat Chuck
    -Saw Suicune then beat Eusine
    -Went back and figured out light house
    -Got medicine and healed Jasmine's Amphuros
    -Beat Jasmine
    -Started to go to Mahogany.
    -Got on the water and music started playing like a battle was starting, I though it sounded kind of different, but then I looked at the screen and there was Entie! I hadn't really planned on Catching the Legendary Dogs until later, but I had one Quick Ball that I decided to use. It shook one, then twice, then a thirdt time, then.........the dang thing busted open.

Lol , the Legendary beasts appears while you dont notice =p . check out the map so often so you wont get shocked by meeting them , and hard luck lol

I remember using my Haunter against Entei , it used Mean Look on it to prevent him from running , and It was kinda hard to capture him as Haunter cant take few hits , but Ive captured him =D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I dunno why people like Mareep line on their team lol , as it isnt strong and fast like Raikou ..

you would be lucky if you got Timid Cyndaquil xD , since Quiet raises the Special Attack and Lowers Speed lol
    *looks at you and wonders why you haven't realized yet that most people do not like legendaries being on their team*

Anyways...

Right now I am training my new Shiny Tentacool to replace Gyarados.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back