• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
  • I hope so oh, and I'm giving my character five old pokéballs which in the end aren't going to work :P Writing up post one as I speak.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I hope so oh, and I'm giving my character five old pokéballs which in the end aren't going to work :P Writing up post one as I speak.

You can't give your character PokéBalls xD would give you an unfair advantage over everyone else :X Even if they don't work at first xD

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Thats good. I posted so that Kiki is halfway up the mountain path, as you said you don't want people getting there instantly. Haha

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Phew. I thought so. This will be hilarious. Thanks!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Finally finished, I hate being sick >_>
    Now to prepare an IC post... Lazy moment first

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • Disregard my PM, from earlier KagamiChan. I just caught up with what going on in the OOC, and I will be Posting 1-1 as soon a I get my computer charger back. I'll be Oscar Mike from this computer in a matter of minutes. (definitely not enough time to post lol XD) Expect something done by 1 or 2 am EST

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Disregard my PM, from earlier KagamiChan. I just caught up with what going on in the OOC, and I will be Posting 1-1 as soon a I get my computer charger back. I'll be Oscar Mike from this computer in a matter of minutes. (definitely not enough time to post lol XD) Expect something done by 1 or 2 am EST

Sorry I didn't get to reply xD

Was making a CSS xD

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
    Years
  • Kaizen Yukimura (Sign-Up)

Name: Kaizen "Yokai" Yukimura

Nickname(s): His name is usually shortened to "Kai". "Yokai" is some weird disambiguation of his first and last name mixed together.

PokéGear Choice: Vintage

Appearance: Kaizen is 5"7', which he himself considers to be very "tall" for his age. His eyes are a reddish tint of brown, matching a rather wild head of brown hair; the hair is tinged at the ends in a lighter shade of brown and if his hair were ever wet or brushed down completely it would end just at the base of his neck. He has relatively bushy eyebrows, nicely shaped but rectangular and odd for his facial structure. This gives him an seemingly intimidating glare when deep in thought or angered, but otherwise makes him appear comical in other everyday activities. He has fair, rosy red skin that goes into a slight farmers tan when shirtless. Speaking of which, Kaizen is relatively masculine for his age. His physique gives him a stocky yet toned body, yet his arms aren't extremely built and his legs are the same.

Kaizen wears a black t-shirt underneath a long sleeved red leather jacket. He has a gray metallic keychain around his neck that he keeps certain memorabilia tied around and he wears dark blue jeans with red and black sneakers.

Personality: Kaizen is a bit of a health nut. He takes pride in his overall health and seeks the betterment of those around him as well. In his down time, Kaizen doesn't mind playing a game of soccer or football and loves to see a game or two when there's an upcoming event.

Besides his obsession with health, Kaizen seems to be very tactical and brooding. He's not known to read a lot of books and slack a bunch on homework and chores, but he does seem to be very calculating and takes a considerable amount of time when thinking up plans and strategies.

When times aren't as troubling, however. Kaizen is usually happy-go-lucky (although not as "lucky" as the phrase implies) and in a very cheerful mood more times than not. Whatever friends he makes notice the fact that he's only ever serious when he's talking about food or deciding on something to do.

Starter Pokemon:

Species: Torchic
    255.gif

Nickname: Pyre

Classification: Tiny Chick Pokemon

Ability: Speed Boost

Attacks/Moves: •Scratch
    •Focus Energy
    •Ember
    •Crush Claw

Traits & Personality: Torchic's nickname is Pyre. Pyre has an innate habit of running around and tackling or pecking at anything insight. Kaizen swears it's just Pyre's "Vital Spirit", but many a friend and ally has tried to tell him otherwise. Whenever possible, Pyre stays out of his Pokéball- even going as far as running away from Kaizen when he tried to return him back inside. Despite Pyre's disobedient streaks, Kaizen most definitely sees the best in him, and somehow knows of his great potential.​

Roleplay Sample:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Okay! Took out all mention of Prof. Elm besides the part where I made him appear to be an old friend of Choji (Kaizen's father). It should pretty much say now that Elm asked Lyra to hand out everything and he's wherever he is handling research business.

If it's not up to par let me know, but here's hoping I fixed it this time. ^//^''

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    My only issue with your otherwise great SU, Candy, is that your RP sample makes it seem like you didn't really read the plot. ^^' Professor Elm has no business in Cianwood. That's Lyra's Lab. Prof. Elm'm most likely going to make a cameo appearance in the RP but he's still back in New Bark Town. So if you intended to make it seem like your character's parents were frieds with Elm and visited him in order to get help with the whole new babies situation, you might have to go over the sample again. Especially since Lyra's also the one to hand out the Pokegears and all at the Cianwood Lab.

I'll post your Torchic's info and add you to the accepted characters list when I get access to a computer as I'm rplying from my phone atm.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
    Years
  • Ah oops ^^'''

Uh yea, I guess I did mess that up. I thought Lyra AND Prof. Elm made their base in Cianwood so that's why I assumed Prof. Elm was at the helm of the operation.

If it needs to be changed I can do that right away. Is it just the fact that Elm is mentioned at all or is it more, though?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Name: Käshi
    Pokégear Choice: Emerald
    Appearance: Käshi wears a green jacket with blue jeans and a black bandana with a Pokeball logo on it. He has short brown hair that is usually not seen under the bandana, and hazel eyes.
    Personality: Käshi is an aspiring Pokemon Breeder who loves bug Pokemon. He has a very calm demeanor, and is generally pretty easy to get along with. Sometimes he can be a little too trusting though, and he tries to avoid conflict whenever he can. Käshi likes to make Pokemon food as a hobby, playing with combining berries and various other foods.
    Starter Pokémon: Weedle (Spike)
    Short description of your Pokémon's traits and personality: Spike doesn't get along well with others, and is quite adamant about bettering himself in combat. Him and Käshi are often at odds, even though they get along, as their personalities clash a bit.
    Roleplay Sample: Käshi was taking a rest under a tree along his route to catch a boat to Cianwood city. It still seemed so surreal that he had been called on by Lyra to help with her work. Bugsy, was a role model of Käshi's growing up, sparking his interest in bug Pokemon. But he didn't care too much about battles, instead putting his time into studying Pokemon breeding. The idea of promoting life fascinated him immensely.

Somehow, he had gotten himself lost in Ilex Forest. He opened his eyes to look around, but still didn't recognize any of the terrain. Käshi was beginning to think there was no way out. Käshi closed his eyes again though, deeming it better to wait for help than to wander about getting more lost. The cool air and sound of leaves wafting in the wind was relaxing. Such an environment was impossible to panic in. Or at least it seemed that way to Käshi. Now a days very few could enjoy simple pleasures such as this.

Suddenly, Käshi felt a sharp poke, jolting him awake. When he opened his eyes, a small bug was in front of him with a needle on top of it's head and a long yellow body. Käshi recognized it as a Weedle from his research. He leaned forward a bit, and said, "Hi there, little guy. What do you want?"

"Weeee!" The Weedle yelled angrily. Käshi looked confusedly at the Weedle for a moment before noticing the feel of something under him. When he reached under himself, he pulled out a squashed oran berry. "Oh my, was this your dinner?"

"Wee wee weeeeee!" The Weedle seemed furious, shaking about in Käshi's direction. "Hang on, I think I have something better around here..." Käshi reached into his back and procured a small brown bar with some colorful specks. He held it out towards the Weedle, who proceeded to sniff the bar. It warily took a nibble on the end of it and...

The Weedle's eyes brightened almost instantaneously! It started to take bites at the bar until it was all gone. "Hehe, you liked that, huh? Well I got plenty more. You wanna come withe me? I probably need to have a Pokemon with me on this trip anyway." The Weedle looked inquisitively at Käshi for a bit, pondering what to do.

The Weedle shifted around and looked determinedly at Käshi, as if ready for combat. "Alright then!" Käshi pulled a ball from his bag, and held it to the Weedle. "I think I'll call you Spike. What do you think?" Spike nodded, and poked the front of the Pokeball, which opened up and sucked him in. Käshi threw the ball out, releasing Spike. "I don't suppose you know how to get out of this forest?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Ah oops ^^'''

Uh yea, I guess I did mess that up. I thought Lyra AND Prof. Elm made their base in Cianwood so that's why I assumed Prof. Elm was at the helm of the operation.

If it needs to be changed I can do that right away. Is it just the fact that Elm is mentioned at all or is it more, though?

Yeah, you're gonna have to change that. And Professor Elm's only mentioned in Lyra's memories at the beginning ^^"

Oh and here's your Torchic's info:

255.gif
    (Pyre)
    Male/Speed Boost
    Scratch/Focus Energy/Ember/Crush Claw

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Changed the RolePlay Sample and added Torchic's information to the sign-up! :]

So if it's all in order now, I just red to know what exactly my first post should be ?

It's a whole lot better now ^^
    Except for the fact that your character's already reached the Lab xD The whole trip to the Lab and everything was to be covered in Act 1, Scene 1 of the IC. But since your character's already there, I guess he could spend some time exploring the Cianwood Complex or making friends with the other trainers that arrived.

Or maybe have your first IC post explain how your character got to the Lab and all :X

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back