• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto Photography

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Although the character is mentioned in another thread, the actual role he has isn't discussed.

How do you feel about getting your photo taken throughout different areas in the games? Do you get photos taken often (or if you don't play the games as much, did you get photos taken often)? Does it maybe remind you of your team then? And do you actually ever look at the photos taken? If there's a certain place you took many photos within, which area is it and why?

Would've you preferred actual art drawn specifically for the photos that is pre-set for each area, so although it may not be exactly where you're standing but it's art of the whole area with your character instead of (imo) bad quality pixels that leave little to the imagination? Share your thoughts on the photography within HGSS!

Years
  • In the actual storyline, I had my photo taken whenever I saw one of the men that offered to do so, so at the end of the story, I ended up with a PC full of photos of how my team progressed, and the Pokémon that changed within it. After the story, I use it whenever I finish a new team.

I guess having something like the Dream World art of the Pokémon would have been good, coupled with a drawn backdrop, yeah.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't take pictures in-game because I don't really see a purpose for them. That, and the pics' quality is really bad.

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
  • I took some photos pretty much to see how my team changed as I played the game. Then eventually I just took photos because I had really tall pokemon on my team and wanted to see how they would look all squished into one pic. I think I also took some random photos just because the guy was there.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I like taking my photo. But when i look at them i hate it when im on my bike that makes me feel like the whole photo is ruined and have to get a new one.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I just take pictures when I talk to some random guy and if he asks if I want to take a picture, I'm like, "okay, sure."

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • No I'm too lazy to take pictures. Plus when I do the placement of the Pokemon is annoying, some small Pokemon I have are behind the huge ones.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I did take pictures in my first playthrough, but after that I didn't, since I never look at the pictures after I take them. Waste of time for me...

Years
  • Cute topic, Nica!

My character and Pokemon are quite photogenic, we always take photos whenever we see Cameron the Photographer. The rad thing is, that whenever I do a nuzlocke run of HeartGold, I get to look back at my photos and see some of my Pokemon who have since died and mourn for them. This feature is a really great one though and no, I don't mind the picture quality/background.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I actually like taking pictures. Later they remind me of the pokemon that I used to have or how they were pre-evolved. The only thing I don't like is the fact that there often are HM-slaves in my photos.

Back