• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto Safari Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
  • I have a quick question: I'm trying to find the Sandshrew that the warden needs to pass his test, but all I'm getting in the desert is Onix, Fearow, Magnemite and Magneton. I've been looking for a good hour and a half now.

Do you have to bear the E4 before you can find it or something? I'm trying to find a Larvitar as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    well sandslash when you get in to the safari zone sandslash is in the grass right the near the start

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • As soon as the Safari Zone is open you can do this. I haven't even gone to the Safari Zone yet though!

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I haven't beated the E4 and I have completed the Warden's requirements.
    Just keep looking, are you 100% sure you are in the desert area?
    A sandshrew will show up eventually!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    You could be in the wrong area.

Anyway, it took me around 5 minutes to find and catch one.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a quick question: I'm trying to find the Sandshrew that the warden needs to pass his test, but all I'm getting in the desert is Onix, Fearow, Magnemite and Magneton. I've been looking for a good hour and a half now.

Do you have to bear the E4 before you can find it or something? I'm trying to find a Larvitar as well.

You're in the wrong area

https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml#hgss-desert

Check the pics it really helps to let you know which area you're in.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, check you are in the right area. If you were in the wrong one, take heart in the fact that you are not the first - I've seen others make that mistake. =P

And now I shall close. Any more questions, use the Help thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back