• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto: The Future of Adventure OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    Johto: The Future Of Adventure OOC Thread.
    I'll be posting profiles of your charries very soon, this is also where your Pokemon's stats will be updated and so forth.

Although, would guys prefer to post your character's information yourselves? Then you could edit it when needed... Let me know. :)​

GDark08

"I AM A MAN!"
    Years
    I'd be fine either way.

Looking forward to when we start up. :D

Though on an unimportant note, I'm having some trouble deciding on a nickname for my starter. There are three I really like, but I can't decide between them, (Krabs/ Krabber/ King) Can anyone give me their opinion?

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Oh! I know a great nickname!
    Cancer
    XD jkjk
    Hmm Pinchy? Claws. Crusher. Vice. Pinch?
    If none of those, then King I guess.

Hmm, I think posting ourselves would be easier. Or you could do it *shrugs* Either or, doesn't matter much to me.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    I like King for Krabby GDark08. :D

And I reckon you guys should post it yourselves. I have little time at the moment, I've just found out I'm a student leader for my school's Music department. ;D I have so much shizz to do. But the first chapter's coming. After this, I think.

And I'll be editing the first post of this thread once I've checked the RP thread with Pokemon stats. Then I'll go back, if everything's in order and post the first chapter. :D

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Name: Jethro Stonebrook

(He WISHES he really looked that cool)

Personality: Jethro lives half of his life in a fantasy world, entirely by choice. He functions just fine in the real world, he's not out of touch, he just thinks the stories he reads the way most people breath are way more fun than plain old regular life. He first escaped into books when recovering from the car accident that gave him the muscle damage in his right leg at the age of nine, and never really left. He talks to himself sometimes, like he's narrating his own story, and his parents have overheard him many times rephrasing what he's doing into a lot more exciting terms, like repainting the backyard fence turning into the creation of a king's mural, or the weeding of the garden turning into the extermination of rabid and enraged grass pokemon.
    Since Jethro usually insists on speaking like he's in a fantasy novel, interacting with new people can be hit or miss, depending on how they react to his pretty non-standard speech style. If something serious is going on, he'll usually drop the act, however, rather than aggravate or frustrate others.
    Overall, he's a pretty upbeat and forward-looking guy who always wants to be doing something, but he's also impatient, sometimes inattentive to what's going on if he thinks it's boring, and can definitely be seen as childish due to his adventurer persona.

More info:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon

Squire (level 5 Aipom)
    Male | Adamant
    - Scratch
    - Tail whip
    - Sand attack

Personality: This Aipom is the epitome of sang-froid. He is seemingly unflappable, and it's actually nigh-impossible to motivate him to get agitated about anything, including battles, which he approaches like she's calculating every move. It takes a great deal, such as real life-threatening danger, to throw him off his even temper. He is definitely level-headed, though this makes him a little hard to be affectionate with. He doesn't usually wear the huge grin his species is known for, but when it does appear, it's always genuine.

Items
    Pokedex
    5 pokeballs
    1 etched pokeball

Last edited:
    Years
    Here's mines, Breezy. Update~

Spoiler:

Last edited:

GDark08

"I AM A MAN!"
    Years
    Thomas Barry ("Tomberry")

Profile-
    Spoiler:

Items -

1x Pokedex

5x Pokeballs

1x Etched Pokeball

Pokémon -

Krabby (King)

Type: Water
    Level: 5
    Nature: Quirky
    Attacks: Bubble, Mud Sport, Vicegrip

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    I just ahead-of-time edited my items into my character post (actual RP post will be up in a little bit) but I wanted to know--what's an etched pokeball?

Years
    I just ahead-of-time edited my items into my character post (actual RP post will be up in a little bit) but I wanted to know--what's an etched pokeball?

A Poke Ball with an engraving, like my character's Jigglypuff has an engraving that says "Jigglypuff" on it. The same goes for all the other starter's balls, dudes. Hope I helped.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    But why would there be one in the inventory? I know the starters are in one with etching, but I don't count occupied pokeballs as inventory. Unless I'm supposed to for this one, which I will if I'm supposed to. But if not, I'm wondering if they do anything.

ShadowYashi

Years
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Name: Bree Greene
    Nickname: None.

Appearance: Bree has a light tan complexion and she stands 5 feet 3 inches, weighing in at approximately 135lbs, she has a medium build and a round childish face with large childlike auburn colored eyes that are hidden behind a pair of thin framed black rimmed square shaped glasses. Bree's hair is brown, messy and unkempt, falling just past her shoulders when she wears it out, which is only when she goes to bed, though one could never tell because she'll always keep it tied up in a sloppy side ponytail. Her standard outfit consists of a sleeveless sky blue jacket, with a hood attached over a powdery graphic white shirt that reads "Rebel" in an artistically scrawled neon pink that goes across her chest, she wear's a pink skirt, with a rhinestone belt that has one side going lower than the other, that stops a few inches above her thighs with some shorts underneath, long knee length sky blue and white striped socks cover her legs along with white and pink sneakers, but sometimes she'll switch up and put on some loose jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie, while slung across her shoulders is a neutral brown messenger bag. When its time for bed, Bree is usually wearing some comfortable pajama pants with Cubones on them and a large non-descript shirt.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Personality: Bree may look like a stereotypical mousy bookworm, but she is far from mousy or a bookworm. She's the exact opposite, with a fiery temper that makes most people tremble, she has a bit of a bossy nature and a weakness for anything cute, but she's also very goofy and absentminded at times, she's very accepting of most people and Pokémon, learning not to judge on how they look but rather their personality and the way they act. Bree is very kind, she hates seeing people less fortunate than her and she has it, then she'll give it, feeling good knowing that she's done something that would make another person happy, despite her mood. She's also has somewhat of a passive aggressive attitude when it comes to helping herself however, seeing as how she is quick to help others in need but when others try to help her, she'll often refuse, she doesn't like to burden others with her problems, so she tends to keep them to herself. Bree is somewhat of a typical girl, she gushes about boys and loves to shop, she also loves working at the shop with her parents and sweets, mostly due to the fact that she's around nothing but sweets and baked goods 24/7.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]
    History: Before learning about Professor Derek's add for trainers, Bree worked at her parents local bakery, located near the edge of town called Greene's Baked Goods, it was one of the many tourist attractions New Bark Town had to offer and their business was great during the holidays. Bree is the Bakery's delivery girl, running orders around town with the family Pokémon Girafarig, not allowed to step foot in the kitchen because the last time Bree tried to bake something, she caused an explosion, which ruined their kitchen and they were out of treats for a weak, which sent business spiraling down for a while, but they quickly resolved that problem and ultimately banned their daughter from the kitchen, not that she minded.
    [/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Considering the fact that New Bark Town is a pretty small town, she knows just about every adult, because at one point in time most of them have stopped by to place an order that she had to deliver and the little kids love her because when she has extra sweets, she'll stop by and give them some, much to the dismay of their parents, who would rather not have a bouncing, sugar-high 5 year old to look after later on that night.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]A dream of hers, when she was younger, was to enter the Pokémon league one day and beat the champion. Her parents would often tell stories of when they were younger and kids from all over would come to Johto and face the league, fighting their way to the top of the ranks to become champions, only to be shot down by the champion, though on a few occasions, there were trainers who would almost beat the current champion. With her parents telling her stories of their journeys when they were younger and how they met all their Pokémon, friends and rivals Bree vowed that she would become a Pokémon trainer one day too, wanting to be just like her mom and dad, meeting new Pokémon and making new friends, so when she and Girafarig were out on their regular rounds and an add about receiving a Pokémon from the Professor blew in her face, Bree jumped at the chance, forgetting about her deliveries, she quickly ran back home to tell her parents the news. . . and left poor Girafarig to finish the rounds by himself.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Other Information: The scent of sugar and fried dough always lingers on her clothes because she's always around the bakery. Bree finds it somewhat embarrassing whenever little kids from the neighborhood tell her that she smells like a pastry of some kind.[/FONT]

Pokemon

Name: Buzz
    Nature: Modest Nature
    Level: 5
    Attacks: Quick Attack, Leer

Items
    Pokedex

3 Potions

2 Net Balls

4 pokeballs
    1 etched pokeball

Last edited:
    Years
    Alright, here's my profile.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

Years
    Hey Breezy, will our Pokemon's movepool be infinite like the anime, or will it be 'forget a move after every fourth slot is filled' like in the games?

Also wow, everyone posted! Within the span of about 2 days pretty freaking sweet if you ask me. >w<

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I know, that's pretty crazy. I've yet to meet a roleplay until now where everyone hadn't posted until at least almost a week passed since the first post. 0_o

ShadowYashi

Years
    I know!
    Usually almost a whole 5 days have passed before a majority of the RPer's post, at least once.
    But I'll shut up now, before it jinxes itself or something XDD

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    We blame you for the lack of next chapter posts, White Lancer. -_-

Psh, joking. Lawl. Like me and Shadowyashi said, its a miracle all people even got their posts up so quickly! :D

GDark08

"I AM A MAN!"
    Years
    Maybe it's because I haven't done many RP's in this format before, but why is everyone posting again? We haven't been given details to the next chapter yet, have we?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back