• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto's New League [PG-15]

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    Cirruna ran towards New Bark Town, hoping her last Repel would not expire till she got there. She had recieved two Repels from her mother, so that she would not be attcked by wild Pokemon. As she runned, she thought about her family, and that she would become a Pokemon Master and do them proud. Eventually, she reached New Bark Town. It wasn't like she expected. There was a grey wall at the edge of the city, blocking off the sea. Most of the people were in their houses, and a few were outside. The buildings were quite big, though. This contributed to the quiet yet advanced atmosphere. There was a big large building, which Cirruna assumed to be the lab where she would get her starter Pokemon.

Cirruna strolled into the lab, excited about getting her starter.
    "Hello? Is the professor here? I'm Cirruna Kizan, and I'm here for my starter Pokemon," Cirruna asked.
    "So you're Cirruna, huh? Well, I'm Professor Acocia, the professor of this region. And this is President Gray, the President," an eldery lady, who was next to the President, replied.
    "There's only one Pokemon left for you; a Doduo. I hope you like it, since it's the only one available right now. If you don't like it, you can wait till tomorrow. But you'll be behind if you do that," Professor Acocia continued.
    "I'll take Doduo. A unwanted Pokemon is better than no Pokemon!" Cirruna grinned in return. Professor Acocia handed her Doduo's Pokeball, as well as five empty ones. Cirruna also recieved a Pokedex.
    "Here's Doduo, as well as some empty Pokeballs which you can use to catch Pokemon. You also recieved a Pokedex, which has information on all Pokemon," Professor Acocia replied. President Gray shook Cirruna's hand while wishing her luck on her adventure.
    "Bye!" Cirruna said as she exited the lab. When she was outside, and she was standing on the path, she let Doduo out of his Pokeball.
    "Hey Doduo, I think I'll call you... Luntique! It means 'two faced' in French, and you have two heads," Cirruna grinned after a long think.
    "Duo!" Luntique smiled as soon as he heard his nickname. He liked it.

OOC: I can't be bothered to include Rt 1 in this post. I'll post it the day after tommorow, since tommorrow is Christmas!
    And Luntique is pronounced 'Lun-ti-quee'.

Last edited:
    Years
    Alex & Todd - Route 29

Alex coughed again, loudly. The coughing fits were coming sooner now, his lungs desperately needing water. Neither Buzz-Buzz nor Duster could do anything, other than try to keep him moving, until they got to Cherrygrove. His progress had been miserably slow, and they hadn't walked far yet. Was Alex really this out of shape? Buzz-Buzz suddenly made some very excited buzzing, having spotted what appeared to be a tent in the distance. He started to fly over, but Alex's croaky voice called him back. It would do no good to go and wake someone up this hour of the morning, they might think she was a wild pokemon. He started hobbling towards the tent, his two pokemon at his side.

Todd was snoring loudly, and Pidgey had finally had enough. Getting up from the tent's floor, she aimed and poke him fiercily with her beak in his head.

"Aootch!" Todd screamed, waking up instantly. "What on earth did you do that for, your little pygmé?"

Pidgey started tweeting agrily at him, but they were interrupted by Shockman's barking once again. What could it be this time? Todd started getting horrible images of monsters or thieves in his mind, but Pidgey apparently felt nothing like that and skipped straight out of the tent.

"I'm not going out!" he called after her. Then he mumbled, climbing out of the sleeping bag: "You two are supposed to be my pokémon and I'm your master, no? Then why do YOU two keep making me do stuff instead of the other way around?"

Shockman could see in the darkness, while Pidgey didn't see quite as well. But both of them together saw more clearly than Todd did as he stumbled out of the opening, still half asleep and rather sour.

What he saw in the way too early morning light (which was more like a morning darkness) was a huge thing stumbling towards them. He registered a giant head with flapping ears, silhouettes of wawing claws and the noise of a raspy breathing before he was suddenly completely awake and completely terrified.

A scream more high pitched than his little sister probably had ever made, came out of his throat, and he practically threw himself back into the tent.

Shockman and Pidgey looked back at the shaking tent, then at each other, then at the thing coming towards them. With a common pokémonian sigh, they stopped tweeting and barking, and started slowly walking forward. Their eyes didn't need more than the very faint hint of light on the horizon to realize that it was two pokémon and a human coming towards them. And that something was wrong.

Alex heard the commotion, and and then the mysterious tent's little outburst. Upon hearing "You two are supposed to be my pokémon and I'm your master, no? Then why do YOU two keep making me do stuff instead of the other way around?" he laughed aloud, and responded as best he could, his voice gaining some strength.

"Man, I've been saying that since my travels started. You don't even know."

Buzz-Buzz just flew around, trying to catch a glimpse of the other two pokemon in better light. Alex shone his pokedex at them, unthinking, and it started rattling facts off about pidgey! Duster, being the only remotely cautious one left in the party infront of his trainer, approaching the pair warily and wearily. The collective hope was not battle, if Buzz-Buzz didn't make that clear. After a few seconds of information on Pidgey, Alex called out, realizing he hadn't really said anything of value.

"Urm, is someone there? Well.. obviously you are. I'm sorry to disturb you, but do you have any water? Maybe some band-aids or something? Food would be good too..."

At that he fell silent, watching the two pokemon carefully while awaiting a response.

When Todd heard the voice, his terror subdued in an instant. He climbed outside and stood up, seeing a youth about the same age as him standing with Shockman and Pidgey and two more pokémon near the tent. The boy looked to be in poor shape, scratched and tired.

"Oh my god, man, what happened to you?" Todd blurted out, then remembered what the guy had been asking for and fetched one of his water bottles from his backpack and handed it to Alex.

Alex gratefully accepted the water bottle, chugging it all in one go, and then coughing up some in his eagerness. Still, the water felt good on his throat, and he could worry less; this guy was friendly.

"Thank you so much, my throat was killing me. Didn't cause the cuts though. Some wild pokemon did that, a kind of bird like thing. Different from yours, more vicious. I may have disturbed a nest or something, I dunno." Duster snorted slightly, showing his disdain, and Buzz-Buzz flew around Alex rapidly, looking him over and realizing the state he was in. Her buzzing became low-pitched, and she started to tear up. Alex saw this, and smiled lightly, speaking a word of consolation, saying he was okay.

Todd watched the young man and the creature buzzing around his head. He could see they cared for each other. Hm. He glanced at Shockman and at Pidgey, who seemed to be watching him because she jumped a little when she saw him looking at him.

"Yeah... I kinda did the same thing. Only with a fur ball who had a baseball-bat as a tail, instead of a beak. So... are you a trainer?"

Todd stopped himself there, realizing he was curious. Why would he be curious about pokémon trainers? Then he quickly reminded himself for the bazillionth time since he left New Bark, that he WAS becoming a trainer himself and SHOULD be curious. But the boy was hurt. Todd didn't know the first thing about treating wounds or even how to properly swallow a painkiller.

"Uh, I mean, what are you doing out here in the first place?" he said.

"Man, those damn things? I took one of them on too, nearly finished us off, eh? I actually battled it though, unlike those birds. And I... hmm, a trainer?" Alex paused, giving it thought. Was he really? In title, the answer was yes. Legally, too, for whatever that was worth. In any practical sense he was a pokemon trainer in the same way that metapod was a pokemon to battle with. Sure, it might theoretically be true, but it didn't validate testing. But it left him in a conundrum as to how to answer such a question. May as well start with the easy question.

"Why am I out here? Jesus, I don't know. I got a letter in the mail saying I was a pokemon trainer and to go to New Bark Town for a pokemon. It was a pretty uneventful journey until recently, but god damn the past few days have been rough. I dunno, I guess a carry the title, but nothing else. Man, I'm not cut out to do this. What the hell was I thinking when I agreed to do this? God damn it. I don't even have another set of clothes, let alone a tent. Jesus I want to curl under a rock and sleep for a year."

He paused, took a breath, and chugged the rest of the water, draining the bottle. He then set it down on the ground, and looked at this new person, shaking his head to get his unruly hair out of his eyes.

"Heh, I'm assuming with your watchdog and tent, that you're a pokemon trainer too? If you aren't, you should be. You're way more prepared then I am."

"Man, that's my story too! I met the president at a laboratory in New Bark... he was... kind of creepy,"
    Todd said absentmindedly, then looked around as if to spot a presidential spy wanting to catch him if he was disloyal.

"I don't know about the trainer part though... I only really battled that fur ball, and it was kind of difficult. I..." He looked down on Shockman again, who had started licking his shoe. They had beaten the Sentret though. And he DID have a tent and food and extra clothing. Man, maybe he WAS prepared after all?

He didn't really notice that his eyes had started floating off in the distance, way too occupied with thinking about himself to remember there was another guy there, until Shockman made his move and took a long awaited bite of the shoe.

"Aaoow!" Todd said and leaped backwards. "Bad dog! Uh... well, it's morning soon. I guess this bird thingy won't want to go to sleep again," he threw a meaningful look at Pidgey, who had started tweeting and hopping around on the ground, "so maybe we should just... pack up and go with you to... Cherrygrove, if that's where you're going as well? No offense, but you look like you could use... a band aid or something."

Alex laughed, and nodded feebly, thinking that the sooner he got to civilization the better. His cuts weren't bad for the most part, but they could get infected if he stayed out here too long. Besides, he was desperately missing comfort of some kind.

"Sounds good, let's head out, then."

He stretched, and looked up at the sky; light was starting to stream through. Morning had started, although it was still early. Alex looked back down, to see Buzz-Buzz had finally gone to sleep. Inwardly, he couldn't help but think it was strange to see his pokemon not excited about something. He glanced at Duster, who had laughed when the dog pokemon bit his trainer's shoe. Alex hadn't noticed though, so he was lost at what Duster was laughing at. Shrugging, he returned Duster too, thinking he could use the rest.

(OOC: Joint post from me and Vamaar ^^ We're ready for Cherrygrove now.)

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Obadiah Samuel Woodsworth

"Bun bun, buneary. Buuuuun buneary. Eaaary, buneary bun bun."

"Muuuuna, muuuu. Munna munnaaaaaa."

"Buneary, bun bun, eary"

"Muuuuuuunaaaaaa."

"Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now…" the dark skinned youth mumbled to himself as he continued down the route 29 trail with his hands threatening to pull out the well kempt dreadlocks that decorated his head. An overjoyed Munna floated in circles around the man's head, adding spins every now and then to keep things interesting, as it gleefully chatted (or sang…or just made annoying noise. Obadiah wasn't completely sure if pokemon understood each other) with the pokemon below it. A Buneary hopped happily alongside the young man, alternating its long bonds between its left and right foot. Using both feet, the long eared pokemon would occasionally launch itself into the air, do a flip, and land gracefully on the other side of the young man. This would bring about an exciting squeal (or whatever you would consider the noise the thing made) from the Munna, a bashful smile from the Buneary, and an irritated sigh from their trainer. Overall, it was a very cute sight to see that graced the otherwise plain route. Very few trees were within close distance of the dirt path while rocks and boulders could be seen in small clusters every now and then. It would have also been considered quiet if not for a rather irritated trainer talking to himself. "Don't look now," the young man said in a mock voice, "here comes Obadiah and his battalion of fierce pokemon. Don't let their cuddly exteriors fool you though. They are the meanest weanest pokemon in these parts. Aren't you guys. Yes you are, yes you are."

"Munna?"

"Buneary?"

The two pokemon ceased their conversation for a moment to look at the dark skinned youth they followed. The Munna settled on the boy's left shoulder, while the Buneary, its left ear hanging limply and its right ear staying straight, hopped calmly along his right side. Both pokemon stared curiously at their trainer for moment before gradually returning to their previous activities. Obadiah released another sigh but decided to keep further comments to himself. He felt slightly foolish for his sudden outburst and was glad that only his pokemon were there to hear. He had no real reason to be upset with the two creatures. They had done nothing except do as he asked, expressing no emotion other than happiness, since he obtained them. Reversely, he had expressed nothing but childish angry since the moment he started the trip to New Bark. Taking in a deep breath, Obadiah released the air along with his anger over the situation that had befallen him. He was going to be a trainer. That was a fact that wasn't going to change anytime soon. Being angry over it would do nothing but impede the growth of Obadiah as a trainer and the pokemon under his care. It was time to man up.

The young man took a look at the two creatures traveling with him. Raphael was in her usually mood, happily floating along seemingly unaware of what was going around it. Obadiah had also come to accept the fact that the little pink pokemon had no real notion of fear. It had a naivety about it that allowed the small creature to function normally even in situations that should terrify. It was also surprising strong for its size. The Munna had proven that in its first (and only) battle. Whether the small pokemon would be used in further battles however, the young man had yet to decide. The pokemon that hopped energetically beside him was a slightly different story. The timid creature that had wondered into his camp the previous night had somehow changed upon being sucked into its pokeball. Well, it would be more accurate to say that the creature had changed in respects to him. Everything else still seemed to frighten the poor thing to death. Any unknown sound would cause the Buneary's ears to shoot straight up in the air. Its normal course of action at this point would be to situate itself between Obadiah's legs and shiver. Its response would not have bothered the young man if it happened few and far between. Unfortunately, the timid creature seemed to view every sound as a threat to its life. The reason the creature was currently not in its pokeball was because the dark skinned youth refused to let a pokemon under his care fear everything in the world. It might have been his first good act as a trainer. After spending the first half of the morning attached to his legs, the Buneary finally seemed to be easing up and enjoying the day.

"See, Anna. There is no reason to be scared all the time. Nothing but wind and leaves out at the moment." The young man attempted to make his voice as soothing as possible as he spoke to the Buneary. The name he had given the creature was Enheduanna after a famous female author. Obadiah decided to shorten in to Anna for daily purposes. It would also be more manageable in a battle situation (and typing). The small rabbit pokemon looked up at him curiously for a moment as it bounded from foot to foot before letting a smile spread across it face. "Buneary!"

Obadiah returned the creatures smile before turning his focus back to the path in front of him, allowing him to ponder some issues that had been crowding his mind: the biggest at the moment…gym battles. To be honest, the thought of having to battle gym leaders hadn't really been a concern for the young man until about the fifth time Anna clung to his legs because of the sound of leaves being blown around by a gentle breeze. It was at that point that Obadiah realized that he had a bit of a problem. Fight gym leaders who did nothing but trainer was going to be beyond difficult with the pokemon he had at the moment. In fact, the young man was slightly worried about being attacked by any wild pokemon. It had taken some luck (as well as a well timed barrel roll) for Raphael to defeat the Spearow from yesterday. Obadiah didn't even want to think about how Anna would handle that stressful of a situation. Needless to say, the young man was less than prepared to handle any kind of serious battle. That led into his second (and third) thought: catching and training more pokemon. It was an issue he knew he would have to address soon. Raphael and Anna were good for pets, but Obadiah was going to need something with some serious kick. Unfortunately, most of what he had seen on the route thus far had been birds. Obadiah hated birds. He also disliked anything that caused damage to landscape, especially landscape he had spend hours creating. That disqualified the moles things he had seen. Also, the young man disliked pokemon in general which eliminated everything else. Laughing at his own stubbornness, Obadiah pushed the thoughts from his head and decided to simply enjoy the rest of the morning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few more hours of walking and having entered an area more populated with trees and bushes, a grumbling stomach alerted the young man that it was time to eat. It was a simple enough problem to solve…mostly. Obadiah still had plenty of rations to make it through at least three nights (not that he thought he was that far away from the nearest town) and Raphael was still full from the meal it made of whatever dreams were had the night before. Anna, however, was a different issue. The flowers from last night were gone, and Obadiah had not thought to buy any food before leaving town. Searching the area for food was going to be the only solution. "Alright, Anna," the Buneary ceased its playful hopping and smiled cutely at the young man as he spoke. "I'm going to need your help in finding some food for you. You know what you can eat better than I do, so you get to lead the mission, alright?" Hopping onto its right foot, the Buneary raised its left ear and hand into the air with a gleeful, "Buneary!" A moment later, the long eared pokemon was hopping off the path in search of food (At least that is what Obadiah assumed it was doing).

While the creature searched, Obadiah sat down his bag and began preparing his own meal of dried meat and a biscuit. It was nothing big, but it would be enough to keep the young man going until he could get a real meal in town. Raphael settled herself on top of the brown bag, content to take the lunch break to relax. About 5 minutes later, Anna hopped out from a bush 30 yards away with a bundle of what appeared to be food in its arms. Obadiah could not be sure, but it looked like some berries and a few flowers. The young man was a bit surprise that the Buneary had found everything so quickly. Maybe the creature was more capable than he originally thought. The small creature was about half way to Obadiah when two more figures emerged from the brush.

The figures could best be described as being "mole-like." The pokemon had black bodies with blue streaks along with a white snout and white claws. They had blue round spots on their palms. They creatures had wide eyes that were almost completely white but contained single black dot-like pupils. They had oval shaped feet that have three toes and three sharp white claws on each of their arms. The most noticeable quality that Obadiah noticed, however, was that both of the pokemon looked extremely upset with a certain rabbit pokemon situated between them and the dark skinned youth. Not having much information to work with, the young man could only assume that Anna had somehow gotten into the two mole pokemon's food. If the two pokemon were anything like Obadiah when it came to food, the young man only had a few moments to act.

"Anna," the young man spoke, attempting to keep his voice as calm as possible, "Why don't you set that food down and come over here." The Buneary stopped in its place, perched on its left foot, and gave the young man a slightly confused stare. Noticing the emergency that was taking place, Raphael found her way onto Obadiah's left shoulder. The Munna showed no signs of tension however, and retained its happy demeanor. Its young trainer was having a much more difficult time keeping his cool. Not only had the Buneary stopped moving but both of the mole-like pokemon had decided to use that moment to initiate mission "get our food back from that pokemon." Sprinting at the pokemon in arcs away from each other, the two creatures seemed intent on hitting the Buneary from both sides at once. Crap! Obadiah's mind kicked into second gear as he launched into action.

"Hey, Anna," the boy said in as sweet and calm a voice as he would manage, "I bet you can't make it all the way over here in one jump. If you can, I promise to never put you back in your pokeball." Ahhhhhhh, why did I just say that, the young man screamed to himself without altering the loving smile on his face. The long eared pokemon's brighten at the sudden show of affection by its trainer. Up until this point, Obadiah had mostly just been disinterested in the creature. Arms still full of food, mouth covered with a smile, and completely unaware of the attacking pokemon about to reach her, Anna contracted her legs and vaulted high in the air towards her young trainer. As soon as the Buneary's feet left the ground, Obadiah's face went serious, and he sprung into the next step of his plan.

"Raphael, hit the ground where Anna just was with a Sonic Boom." Wasting no time, the Munna released a blast of air and sound towards the location the two mole-pokemon were about to meet. The plan was a good one, but Obadiah did not expect the attacking creatures to be as smart as they turned out to be. Instead of trying to stop themselves as the young trainer had predicted they would, Thing One and Thing Two (Nicknames are fun and make it easier to write) kept their momentum going. Thing One went high and Thing Two went low and both pokemon kept moving towards the location their food would be next: Obadiah. The sonic boom connecting with dirt behind them did make for a pretty cool effect. Not having time to enjoy the sight, Obadiah tried to stay a step ahead of his attackers.

"Raphael! Hit them with a few Psywaves. If you can't hit them, at least slow them down and allow Anna to land." The Buneary had gotten more height on her jump that Obadiah had expected. Frankly, the young trainer didn't even think it was possible for her to get that high. Regardless, at their current pace, Thing One and Thing Two were going to reach the dark skinned youth before Anna. Moving out of the way would leave the long eared pokemon completely exposed to attacks, and Obadiah refused to allow the timid creature to be hurt. He was going to have to rely on Raphael's accuracy.

The Munna, glowing with a purple aura, released four ways of energy (a low then a high wave at each attacker) about one second apart from each other. Thing One (on the right) attempted to jump over the first blast only to be sent flying backwards by the second. Thing Two (on the left) simply dove to the right, allowing it to avoid the attack but forcing it to halt its momentum. The short reprieve was just enough time for Anna to land right front of Obadiah. The Buneary, now completed aware of the battle at hand, dropped the food and immediately positioned itself behind its trainer and clung fiercely to the young man's legs. "It's going to be alright, girl. You just calm down and watch Raphael do her thing." The words came out sweet and reassuring despites Obadiah's irritation that his pokemon would rather hide than fight. The young man shook the thought from his mind and refocused on the battle.

Thing Two was back in attack mode and had shifted his sights to the Munna that had attacked it. It also appeared to be slightly more irritated than when it started. Obadiah assumed it was because it had just been bested by a pink pokemon. Not wasting anytime staring, the mole-like pokemon launched itself at the Munna. "Alright Raphael, hit it with another round of Psywaves. There's no way it can dodge them at this range." There was a way, and Thing Two found it. The high/low combo blast would have been a devastating hit if the mole-pokemon would not have anticipated the attack. Rolling low, the attacker cleared the first wave only to launch itself in the air at and past the Munna. Not only was it able to avoid the second blast, the mole-pokemon also left a deep scratch on the left side of the pink pokemon. A squeal of pain made Obadiah's stomach drop. "Damnit! Raphael! Are you okay?" The Munna wavered in the air for a moment but steadied itself quickly. Obadiah knew that the pink pokemon was injured, but Raphael looked far from giving up. Regardless, she couldn't take another hit like that. A plan quickly formulated in the young trainer's mind, and a smile came across his face.

"We got this Raphael. Let's send this little dirt clod back to the hole it climbed out of." A very short and very serious, "Munna," was the only response he got. By this point, Thing Two had gathered itself and was approaching for a second attack. "Raphael! Hit it low with a Psywave!" The Munna reacted instantly by sending out a wave of energy aimed at the creature legs. The mole-like pokemon reacted as one might expect; it launched itself in to the air to avoid the blast. Not just content with dodging the attack, Thing Two also intended on reaching the Munna to dish out another scratch. Obadiah, however, had other ideas. "Raphael, aim a Sonic Boom at the ground!" The explosion that resulted a moment later had a few effects. First, it created a rather nice screen of dust that completed swallowed the area around the Munna and mole-pokemon. Second, the explosion created a force on the Munna that sent the creature flying upward and out of the dust cloud. The pink pokemon looked a little shaken by the blast but was still in fighting condition. (Thirdly, it made Anna cry a little bit, but that isn't important at the moment. The first two are.) "Raphael! Hit the area with a Psywave barrage!" Five waves of purple energy slammed into the ground below, causing the dust screen to be pushed violently outward. A very tired Munna floated down slowing, waiting to see the result of its attack. Obadiah held his breath as a shaking Buneary held onto his legs. Taking a glance at Raphael, the young trainer prayed that the attack finished the job. The Munna was struggling just to keep afloat.

As the dust cleared, a figure could be seen standing with its arms crossed in front of it in a protective manner. As the dust cleared more, a very tired Thing Two lowered its arms and took a step towards Raphael. It collapsed before the foot made it to the ground. "That's what I'm talking about, girl! Go on with your pink self." The Munna, still looking very tired, managed to do a slow spin before turning towards its trainer. Obadiah saw the figure moving, but his lips were too slow to speak the words his mind was scream. Thing One connect harshly with Raphael as the mole-like pokemon rotated its body quickly in a circle. The Munna bounced twice before skidding to a halt near a large boulder about 20 yards away. "RAPHAEL!"

OOC: There will be more to come soon. I wanted to post this part at least. Nice joint post by the way. Also, I changed my mind on the all caps thing.

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
    Dragonite149 - Luntique, an unusual yet very pretty name. Great post, looking forward to your next!

Congratulations, Cirruna received a Doduo (Lintique)
    Congratulations, Cirruna received a Pokedex and unlimited Poke Balls.

Gary_Stu and Vamaar - That was a great post, very enjoyable, the those tow do make quite a pair xD

Nate_Dawg - And so the plot thickens. Really great battle post, and the bolds do work better than the caps I think.

Congratulations, Raphael grew to lv. 11 and learned Psybeam!

---

Chapter Two
    Cherrygrove City
    Number of Posts: 1​

Cherrygrove looks as intact as it gets in these times, it barely saw anything from the war. With its natural enclosed beach it had a miniscule invasion risk. It had a bit of a population boom as many people from New Bark Town moved for the added safety it provided.

The inhabitants of Cherrygrove aren't as closed as those of New Bark are. There are quite a few cafés and restaurants and there's actually a market on today where you can buy everyday things as well as a PokéMart where you can buy medicine as well as food for your Pokémon.

Pokémon Center:

Pokemon Centers provide you with a warm bed. Rest for the night or heal up your Pokémon here. They also have a lobby with chairs and tables and a coffee/tea machine for waiting while the Nurses revitalize your Pokémon.

The Old Fisherman:

By the shore you will find a friendly old fisherman. The man may ramble a little about the hardships of the war, and how glad he is that Johto isn't under the Kanto tyranny anymore, but if you hear him out patiently he will give you a spare fishing rod of his. The thing is not of the greatest quality, but it will do, and the best thing is that you can fold it up so it take quite that much room in your backpack!

Pokémon Available by Fishing:

Magikarp

Level: 10
    Type: Water
    Moves: Splash
    Rarity: Very Common

Krabby

Level: 4-7
    Moves: Mud Sport, Bubble, Vice Grip
    Rarity: Rare

Basslao

Level: 3-8
    Moves: Tackle, Water Gun, Uproar, Head Butt
    Rarity: Very Rare

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Jax glared across the open water to the half-broken down wall in the water. Life had, quite frankly, been a living hell during and after the war. They had moved from the Kanto region to Johto right before the war, and after the war started it was common to come home with new bruises from the local kids who hate him for being a native from Kanto.

All in all, it had taken Jax a while to learn to deal with it. He had gotten in trouble at first with the police as he had retaliated by fighting back, and then since there were more of them, they all went against Jax and made him look like he was lying. Now Jax didn't stop fighting because he got smarter. In some senses he still fought back, but that was when people were alone and by themselves. That was when he would strike for a few minutes and then run away.

No, Jax stopped fighting because Sam, his older brother, made him stop. Sam and Jax had always been quite close, and therefor normally whenever one asked something of the other, the other one normally abided unless it was plain stupid.

Jax sighed as he pushed himself to his feet, sending one last glare at the wall before turning around and heading towards the lab. Today he would get his first Pokemon! He was so excited! Yet, he knew he had to be quiet about getting to the lab. If he was loud and some of those kids who hadn't been chosen to go on this journey found him after hearing that he was going, he would surely be in for a beating.

So Jax quietly made his way along New Bark Town. The town ahd changed quite a bit too. Everyone he passed never looked at him, they all looked down at the ground as if we would be attacked again by Kanto at any moment.

When he finally reached the lab, it was worse then it used to be when the lab out in Goldenrod had been up. Boxes were stacked against the walls, and as Jax pushed the front door open he jumped and crigned when he heard a box fall off of a stack inside. Something that sounded like glass broke in the box, and nervously Jax shuffled inside.

Machines were all disorganized, so slowly Jax made his way around and through the machinery before he finally reached a metal desk with a Pokebal holder, and two people standing behind it. One was a man, and the other was a woman. It was immediately known to Jax that these two didn't exactly particularly like each other. Jax's heart leaped in his chest as he noticed who the man really was.

"President Gray! It's an honor to meet you, sir!" Jax gasped, rushing forward and instantly clasping the man's hand with his. President Gray nodded.

"Nice to meet you too, erm-"

"Jax Goldan, sir."

"Right. Nice to meet you too Jax." Gray seemed oddly distant as he grasped a clipboard and checked Jax's name off of it. Jax looked at the woman. "Oh right. Jax, this is-"

"Professor Acacia. Nice to meet you." The woman interrupted, smiling warmly.

Jax nodded politely, and watched as Acacia pulled out a red device. Jax instantly recognized it as a Pokedex. Acacia held the device out for Jax, who gratefully took it and slid it in to his back pocket. Acacia looked questioningly, and jax explained.

"I already know how to use it." Or atleast, he could probably figure it out as his father had shown him an older version of one.

"Oh, good. Now, here are some normal, empty Pokeballs, and my phone number. Make sure to keep in contact with me." She said, handing Jax said items. Jax clipped the empty Pokeballs on to his belt, and slid the piece of paper in to a pocket on his bag.

"Now, lastly, here is your starter." She held out another Pokeball to him. Greedily, Jax took the Pokeball and clipped it to his bag. He'd see what kind of Pokemon he had later, along with its moveset.

"Thank you, ma'am." He said politely, before looking at Gray again. "And thank you, sir. Once again it's been a pleasure to meet you both, and an honor to meet you, sir."

Out of the corner of his eye, Jax saw Acacia blink defiantly, and quickly the young teenager scurried out of the lab to avoid further contact with the two. Once he was outside, Jax took off his starter's Pokeball, and tossed it in to the air.

A blinding white flash shot out of the Pokeball, and slowly it materialised in to what seemed like a cat. Once the light disappeared, it left a pink cat with two big ears standing there. Slowly Jax drew out his Pokedex, and looked for the scan button. When he finally found it, he pressed the green button, pointed it at the cat, and watched as a picture of it appeared on his Pokedex, along with it's stats and moves.

"Skitty, the Kitten Pokemon. It can't stop itself from chasing moving things, and it runs in a circle, chasing it's own tail." The device beeped in a mechanical voice. As if on cue, the Skitty's tail wiggled slightly, and the cat began chasing it's tail happily. Jax laughed.

"Alright, let's think of a name for you." He said, kneeling down to look at the cat. "How about... Sam?" He asked. The cat yowled loudly, leaping at him. Jax wailed in surprise as the cat knocked itself in to his chest, knocking him over and sending him in to a fit of laughter.

"Alright, your name is definetly Sam. Short for Samantha of course. Now let's look at your moves." Jax looked back down at the Pokedex, scrolled down a bit, and looked at the moves. He was impressed. "Wow, so you know how to use Fakeout, Growl, Tail Whip, Tackle, Foresight, and Zen Headbutt. Pretty impressive." Jax said smiling.

Jax turned the Pokedex off, slid it back in to his pocket, and smiled down at Sam. "Alright, Sam. Let's go." And with that, the two new companions set off for Route 29.

Doctor Who

Years
    Pikalover10 - Great intro post, you described the setting perfectly. Officially welcome to the roleplay then.

Congratulations Jax received a Skitty (Sam).
    Congratulations, Jax received a Pokedex and Poke Balls.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    "Sam!" Jax shouted as he watched his small, pink puff of energy dart in and out of the trees, only to appear back on the path, further up. Jax groaned in annoyance. The little cat had done this like five times already.

The new trainer took off running after his Pokemon, only to yell and crash to the hard path as he tripped over a fairly large rock. He growled and looked up, only to wail in surprise as he came face-to-face with his smiling Skitty. He sat up, only to fall back and hit his head on the rock he had tripped over.

"Owww." He growled, sitting up and rubbing the back of his head, staring at Sam, who smiled and stared back. Her tail was wagging in what appeared to be happiness. Jax sighed.

"You're gonna be a pain to work with." He muttered, and sat there for a few more seconds before smiling and picking the cat up in his arms, pushing himself to his feet. "You're too cute though." Unbeknownst to him, half of the reason he wasn't currently glaring at Sam was her ability, Cute Charm.

He bent over and put the cat back down on the path, before looking back up the path as something lumbered across it, with two long arms that appeared to be claws. Wondering what it was, Jax pulled out his Pokedex, turned it on, and pressed the green button. A picture of the Pokemon and its moveset popped up.

"Mogurew, the Mole Pokemon. It lives underground and it's claws are about the size of it's head." Jax looked at the screen at the Pokemon's moveset. Huh, it knew Mudsport, Scratch, and Rapid Spin.

Jax turned the Pokedex off, sliding it in to his pocket as he thought about wether or not he wanted to fight this pokemon, before Sam decided for him.

"Ski!" She purred, suddenly chasing after the mole.

"Sam!" Jax called, reaching forward as if to stop her, before cringing as the mole smacked her as she tried to bite him. Sam yowled in pain as she was knocked aside in to a bush, and Jax glared at the mole.

"You jerk!" He shouted. "That's it! Sam, Zen Headbutt!"

The bush that Sam had fallen in to rustled a bit as the Skitty probably prepared itself. Suddenly, the small pink cat rushed out of the bush, thundering towards the mole. Her ears were folded back and a sort of weird pink aura surrounded the top of the Skitty's head as she rushed towards the mole.

The mole watched Skitty uninterestedly, fiddling with the claws of his right arm. As the Skitty came closer and closer to him, however, he seemed to smirk. When Sam was almost right on top of him, Mogurew's claws shot out to his side and he spun in fast, rapid circles.

Rapid Spin. His claws lashed out and smacked the sides of Sam's head, but the little Skitty didn't give up. Instead she continued forward was about to hit Mogurew, before one of the mole's sets of claws hit her side and smacked her away.

"Ty!" Sam meowed, rolling across the ground.

Jax cringed, figuring this battle, his first with his new comrade, was slowly coming to an end. He reached for Sam's pokeball, but the little pink cat eagerly jumped to her feet, a newfound determination boiling inside of her.

"So, your ready to get serious then, huh Sam? Good! Now let's use Zen Headbutt, one more time!" Jax commanded, throwing his hand out in front of him and pointing at the Mogurew.

"Gurew!" The mole protested, unsheathing his claws at his sides and running towards the pink cat.

Sam meowed threateningly, charging forward with her ears pulled back, her head down as the pink aura surrounded her little head. The mole looked rather determined also, however, and Jax was growing ever more worried for his comrade.

Weird. He had only known Sam for a few minutes and already she had grown on him. Even if all she had done was run off and get him in to trouble with a mole. Anyway, Jax watched as the two Pokemon grew ever closer together.

Mogurew lashed forward with his claws when the two Pokemon were a mere two feet or so from eachother, quickly Jax reacted.

"Dodge!"

Sam complied eagerly, ducking under the mole's claws but still rushing forward as her head slammed in to the mole's chest.

"Mo!" The Mogurew cried out in pain as it was knocked back. Sam was growling lightly in both determination and annoyance at the mole, who only rolled back on to its feet, glaring down at the Skitty.

Before Jax could react, the Mogurew smacked Sam to the ground with one of it's claws, and then moved slightly and spread its claws, only to stab them in the ground, so that it held Sam's tail pinned.

Jax growled. It was his fault that Sam was in this predicament. If he had been quicker to react, Sam probably would have beaten this Mogurew already. Tons of moves ran through Jax's head, but they were all for stronger, more advanced Pokemon than a low-level Skitty.

"Urgh!" Jax yelled in frustration, gripping his dirty blonde hair. He couldn't think of anything!

But, as it was quickly becoming apparent that Sam would make half of the decisions in this relationship, Sam already knew what to do.

"Skit." She whimpered, looking at mogurew pitifully, yet cutely. She was adorable!

The Mogurew looked at the pink cat cockily, and when he saw how cute the little cat looked he softened on her. He released the cat and smiled at the cute thing, apparently thinking the cat would be nice to him.

Which was definetly not the case. Seeing an opening, Jax ran with it.

"Tackle!"

Sam quickly leaped to her feet and slammed all of her body weight in to the mole, knocking him off of his feet and to slam in to the ground. The mole banged his head rather roughly on the ground by accident, and became momentarily dazed.

"Come here!" Jax commanded his new comrade, dashing towards her. Sam looked up at her trainer in confusion, but complied. Already she seemed to trust him.

Jax held his arms out wide as he ran, indicating for her to jump in to them. She did so when she was close enough, and was shocked when Jax grabbed her scruff and began spinning in circles.

SHe yowled in fear when Jax threw her in to the air, her eyes wide with fear. Jax took a deep breath, desperately hoping this would work.

"Zen Headbutt!"

That knocked Sam in to the ballpark. She knew what her trainer was doing now. When the Skitty reached the climate of her incline, she spun so that she pointed towards the ground, and flattened her ears against her head, letting the pin aura surround her head.

She was directly over the Mogurew now. The mole was just starting to get a grip on itself when it saw the pink cat hurtling towards him.

"Mo!" It wailed frantically, trying to get to it's feet, but it was too late. Sam slammed in to the mole head-on, literally.

The Mogurew was cut off in it's cry of pain as it fell in to the blackness of unconcousness. Jax wooted and leaped in to the air, running forward to meet Sam, who leaped in to his arms. Jax gladly petted the cat's head, and looked at the unconcous Mogurew, before looking back at Sam.

"I don't think we should take him with us. I mean, he was strong and everything, but I still need to get used to your style of fighting." Jax said, smiling happily.

"Ski!" I agree! Sam seemed to say, and Jax figured she was referencing to when he threw her in to the air. That had been a quick impulse... he was only reacting and using what he knew.

"Ok, then." Jax bent over and lightly dropped Sam to the ground on her feet, before moving over to the Mogurew, and picking the mole up. He grunted with the effort, as the mole was heavier than he thought it would be.

The young trainer moved over to a tree on the side of the trail, and propped the mole against it, picking a couple of berrys from the tree above him, and setting them on the ground next to the mole.

He turned to his comrade, and smiled happily, before shoving his hands in to his pants pockets, and then started off back down the trail.

Doctor Who

Years
    Pikelover10 - Great battle, I like how you used her cuteness, very inventive.

Congratulations, Sam grew to lv. 8 and learned Attract!

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    OOC: This post is route twentynine.

IC:
    "OK, now let's head to Route Twenty-nine, Luntique!" Cirruna exclaimed. Her Doduo, Luntique, sped ahead, kicking up dirt from the sandy path. Cirruna rapidly sprinted after Luntique, trying her best to keep up with her two-headed dodo. The fast brown Flying Type managed to keep his advantage, dashing off into the trees. By now, Cirruna was tired, and she was panting like mad.
    "Lun... Ti... Que... Come back" Cirruna panted. She had come to a stop, and was sitting down on a quite large rock to regain her breath.

Then, Luntique temporalily came out of the lush trees. He glanced at Cirruna with one of his heads, then he turned it away. 'Snobby bird' Cirruna thought, 'But he's still my starter. Without him, I'm without defense.' Cirruna decided to try to find Luntique. 'I need a Flying Type to search the air if I wanna find Luntique. So, where do I find a-' Cirruna thought. She was interrupted by the sight of something flying overhead. Quite low down, but still too high for Cirruna to touch.

It was a small brown pidgeon-like Pokemon, with a yellowy stomach and wingtips. The wings of the bird were tipped with a yellowy colour too. It had a pinkish beak and talons. "Pidge!" it cried as it noticed Cirruna from above. Cirruna was familiar with the common sight, a Pidgey. It was a Normal/Flying Type Pokemon, and it could have the abilities Keen Eye or Tangled Feet.

Without her Doduo, Cirruna had to take this Pidgey on by herself. She grabbed a nearby fallen branch, and hurled it at the Pidgey in mid-air. She seemed to be a natural, as it hit. The Pidgey fell down a bit, landing on a branch. It flapped its wings at Cirruna, creating a mini air-current. Cirruna stood her ground, but she was slightly blown back. Her hair was a mess now! Regardless of her messy hair, she threw yet another stick at the Tinybird Pokemon. It hit again, knocking it down to ground level. This was a bad move on Cirrunba's part, as the Pidgey used Sand Attack to kick up dust. Now Cirruna couldn't see it, but she hurled yet another stick at the Pidgey. The stick would've hit, but the Pidgey managed to dodge by hopping out of the sand cloud. This put the Flying Type in a prime position for an attack. Cirruna took this opportunity to hurl the last fallen stick she could find at the Pidgey, knocking it out.

Cirruna reached into her bag for a Pokeball, and she hurled the red and white sphere at the brown pidgeon. It shook three times and...

Doctor Who

Years
    I'm sorry Dragonite149 but I can't let you catch the Pidgey, that was simply too short a post, and three sticks would not be able to knock out a Pidgey, maybe try a little harder next time.

"The Pidgey burst out of its Poke Ball and flew away."

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    The moment I walked into New Bark Town, I took a moment to take in the scenery. The few houses in use were rather decrepit. As was basically everything. I had to pay attention to where I was stepping, some of the ground had rocks that could severely damage my shoes. Empty houses standing in a row, a sign that life isn't there. There were still people, but it seemed scarcely populated. And strangest of all, it felt like there was an omen over the town. An omen that reeked of melancholy, emptiness and despair. It kinda felt like there were poltergeists of Chronic Depression patients. Personally, I didn't like how it felt.

After a bit of walking, I found a larger building in what I thought was the centre of town. There were cardboard boxes, peeling paint so it wasn't exempt from the omen that was hanging over the rest of the place. Waiting there was a man and a woman. The man was President Grey. The moment I saw him in person, he seemed like the kind of guy you'd look up to. Someone fit to be a leader. Someone with tonnes of charisma. But, I couldn't help but shake the feeling that any second now a horrible scandal will pop up. He was kind of old and was dressed sharp so that might contribute to the leadership people see in him, but I couldn't take the feeling he had a thing on his chest. Personally, I didn't trust him.

As I walked up to the President, I kept my, 'I can see into the deepest, darkest depths of your soul' face, and he reached his hand out. It might've been the face I had, but he didn't want to talk. I shook grabbed his old hand against my soft skin and didn't take my distrusting face until I turned away from him. I turned to see the woman. I didn't recognize her, she seemed nice enough. She had a smile that was a cross between a loving mother and a kindergarten teacher who loved her job. For some reason, I didn't trust it. I am such a closed minded person.

Although I had a similar, albeit a bit more trusting face, the woman reached into her back pockets and pulled out what I could identify as a PokéDex and a bunch of Poké Balls. She then reached into a 3rd pocket and pulled out another Poké Ball. She told me that the other 6 children had come and that this Pokémon was the last one left. She also explained how to catch Pokémon and how to use the Pokédex. She neglected to tell me what was in the Poké Ball, but I guess it didn't matter that much.

After that, I didn't see anymore reason to be there. Without a word spoken, I just kind of left. It felt a little awkward. I guess greeting 6 other people would be pretty tedious, so I continued through New Bark Town until I reached a sign.

WEST - ROUTE 29
    EAST - NEW BARK TOWN

The paint was fading, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said. So, thus began my quest.

(OOC: SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER.)

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 1 1/2: Part 2:
    VS. Spearow!

Jax smiled fondly at Sam as she continued her normal pace of running in and out of the forest, all the while in danger of being attacked by a wild Pokemon, though she never seemed to care. She seemed just way too happy. She normally wandered out of the forest between every 30-40 seconds, so if Jax ever counted above 40, something had to be wrong.​

The young trainer was still on an all-time high from beating the Mogurew with Sam. His first battle a success! Booyah! The young trainer noticed a low, overhanging tree branch, and as he passed underneath it the youth leape up, grabbed the branch, and roughly shook it in excitement.​

Mistake #1.​

Though he didn't know it, the youth had disturbed a rather grouchy Spearow's nest. The rather angry little bird sat on the branch, glaring down at the trainer before noticing the small pink cat as it cantered on to the path, and smirked mischeviously, before taking off in to the air and circling the group from above.​

Jax never noticed it, and neither did Sam as she continued exploring in to the forest. Jax sighed and stretched at one point, stopping to take a short break, before following after Sam again as she got further away then normal.​

"ROW!" A sudden rough, high pitched voice shouted from above.​

Jax jumped in surprise, before seeing a black and brown blur darting towards Sam.​

"Sam! Dodge!" Jax shouted, but it was too late. The bird slammed it's beak in to the Skitty's back, making her yowl in pain.​

"Sam!" Jax shouted as the bird flew back in to the air. Jax lurched and ran forward towards his injured comrade, sliding across the loose ground and coming to a halt near his cat. When Skitty stood up and shok herself off, Jax smirked. "Hey, come on. I though cat's chased after birds, not the other way around." Sam meowed defiantly, and glared up in to the sky after the Spearow.​

"Alright then, let's teach this Spearow a lesson or two." Jax said as he pulled out his Pokedex to learn more about the rather evil bird.​

"Spearow, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. It flaps its small wings busily to fly. Using its beak, it searches in grass for prey."​

"Alright, wait until it comes down for you again, Sam." Jax muttered, watching the bird as it testingly circled them. When it never came down, Jax grew impatient. "Fine then!" He reached down, and grabbed a decent sized rock, stood up, and tossed it up and down in the air testingly.​

The Spearow eyed him curiously, as did Sam before he hurled it at the now unmoving bird. The rock soared and conked the bird right on the head. The Spearow cawed in surprise, before glaring down at Jax, and then dove straight for him. Jax's eyes widened. He hadn't expected the bird to come for him!​

When the bird came close enough and slammed in to his stomach, Jax was knocked off of his feet and on to the ground, where he suffered a flurry of vicous pecks from the bird.​

"Sam, use Tackle!" Jax commanded, his arms thrown over his head for protection.​

Sam complied and rushed in to battle, leaping in to and knocking the Spearow to the ground. Jax took a deep breath of air in gratitude, before pushing himself to his feet and glaring down at the now trapped bird, who was smother under Sam.​

Sam had her two front paws pinning down both of the birds wings, and she was laying on top of the bird so that it couldn't peck her, but it couldn't move its wings either.​

"Hmmm. What to do, what to do." Jax muttered.​

"Ski!" Sam meowed suddenly, and Jax looked down at her. "Ski ski!" Let's take him with us! She seemed to be trying to say.​

"What? A Spearow? Plus, he seems to hate us! And we both agreed that I needed to get used to your fighting style still anyway!" Jax protested.​

"Skitty! Ski ski, ty ski!" I know! But I can't handle every fight on my own, ya know!

Jax sighed in annoyance. He so didn't want to take this stupid bird with them. It was a waste of a slot in his opinion, but Sam was right. She couldn't handle all of the fights on her own. Especially against gym leaders.​

"Fine." He muttered in defeat.​

Sam meowed in victory, leaping off of the bird to finish him off.​

Mistake #2.​

The bird cawed in anger, and instantly lashed out at Sam with his claws, raking them across her side. Sam hissed in anger, but before she could retaliate the bird was in the air again.​

Jax growled in annoyance, watching the bird circle them tauntingly again.​

"Alright Sam, charge a Zen Headbutt, and wait until it comes down for you and meet him head-on."​

Sam nodded, and flattened her ears against her head as the now familiar pink aura surrounded her head, and they waited. A few moments passed and when Jax glanced down at Sam he noticed how hard she had to concentrate on her Zen Headbutt to keep it going.​

The bird cawed as it hurtled down towards the cat, who seemed relieved by this. She meowed and rushed towards the spot the bird was hurtling towards, and came there about the same time he did.​

The two Pokemon slammed in to eachother at the same time, and the Spearow cawed in pain as Sam's Zen headbutt penetrated through, and knocked him to the ground.​

The Spearow, however, just got back up, though it was now panting hard. It seemed to be on the edge of losing, and as Skitty was also panting too from exhaustion from the fight against the Mogurew earlier, she was slowly depleting in strength. THis was nearing the end.​

The Spearow pushed off of the ground and hurtled towards Sam, only about half of a foot off of the ground. Jax clenched his fists together in a last ditch effort.​

"Sam, Fake-Out!"​

Sam nodded and rushed forward, the two Pokemon now hurtling towards each other. as they neared, however, Sam leaped in to the air, still traveling towards the bird. She clapped her paws together in the small space between her and the SPearow.​

The Spearow's eyes lightened in cockiness, before the air bursted out from the spot that Sam had clapped. The SPearow cawed in surprise, knocked back as the slice of air hit his chest and drew the air from his lungs.​

The bird was thrown away from the air too, and it didn't stop until it hit the side of a large boulder, and fell to the ground, unconcous.​

"All right, Sam! Either this works, or it doesn't!" Jax said as he took out a Pokeball and ran towards the bird. He pressed the button in the middle and it grew larger, before throwing it at the Spearow.​

Sam and Jax watched apprehensively as the red and white sphere engulfed the bird, hit the ground, and wobbled.​

Even though Jax despised this bird, he desperately hoped that his first attempt at capturing a Pokemon would work.​

Years
    Alex stretched, cracking his knuckles. He had no idea on how long he had slept, just that he had more or less collapsed on a couch as soon as he had entered the pokemon center. He got up slowly, realizing that he had been placed in a bed and that he no longer had pokemon on him. He didn't know where Todd was either. Stretching, feeling better for the most part, he started to wander around. His shirt and jeans had been replaced by hospital gown, which was uncomfortable, but better than nothing. He examined his environments a little, looking around. He was a very small room, with a cot to lie on. Not quite a hospital bed, they must have thrown him here to keep him out of the way. His pokeballs and pokedex were missing, as were his pokemon. He wondered vaguely what happened to them, but didn't give it too much thought as he opened the door and stepped out into a the hallway beyond.

A few minutes of exploration later, and Alex was talking to Nurse joy. She explained to him that his pokemon were fine, nothing to be concerned with. He himself was worse off than either, but he'd be fine too, so long as he didn't overexert himself in the next few days. She had taken the liberty of sewing his shirt and pants, which now looked even sketchier, but at least was all one piece again. She also returned to him his pokedex and pokeballs. With a final note that pokecenters were free, she bade him to return often, and to good luck.

He walked out, looking around Cherrygrove. It wasn't quite bustling, but it was much busier than New Bark Town. Alex wandered aimlessly, enjoying the bricked terraces containing small cafes and the sunny atmosphere. He made his way through the hustle and bustle of the market district, wishing he had money to buy something, but, alas, had none. Even with nothing to spend, this was one of the nicest places Alex knew of, because it hadn't been touched by the war. He knew little about it, being a shut-in, but compared to New Bark Town the difference was stunning. Still, after a few minutes of walking, he wanted to sit down and relax, do nothing for a few hours. He searched briefly for an out-of-the-way spot, and found the small beach, with an old man and plenty of fishing rods. Alex walked over, calling out with a greeting.

"Hello!" The old man returned, with a smile. Alex asked if he could sit down and join the old man in fishing, to relax. He nodded, and Alex took a seat next to him, taking up a fishing rod. He stretched, laid back, and relaxed, letting the sun hit his face while a cool breeze came across the water. After a few minutes, he decided to let his pokemon out to enjoy themselves as well, having earned the break. Buzz-Buzz wasted no time flying out above the water, flying around above it. Alex laughed, calling out to her to make sure she didn't go too far. Duster stretched, looking his trainer up and down to see he was alright. Once he had seen for sure that Alex and Buzz-Buzz were more or less fine he dug up a small hole in the beach, lying down in the soft, warm sand and going to sleep. The old man, upon seeing these pokemon, started up a conversation.

"Boy, are you perhaps a pokemon trainer?"

"Well, I guess so. President Grey set a few random kids up with pokemon to help... something with the economy? I dunno." Alex shrugged, not knowing much about it. He didn't particularly enjoy the intense battling, either. Ah well. He might have said more, but his line went taut. After a minute or two of mild pulling, he felt the snap of his hook, and the bait was gone. Alex sighed, reeling in the empty hook, putting another lure on it. The old man then spoke again, in a kindly tone of voice.

"Hmm, President Grey, eh? He's a good man. Who knows where we would be without him? The wars were rough times, a lot of people owe their lives to him. We all owe our freedom. If he has a plan to restart the economy, then it's an honour to be a part of it. You live in a very exciting time, you know." With that he jerked, and he rapidly pulled in a pokemon Alex had never seen, sending it flying into the air. It landed on the ground and flopped like crazy, trying to make it back into the water. The old man paused, looking at the pokemon with interest. It was primarily green, with a red stripe running down it and pointed, jagged fins.

"That's a pretty rare pokemon, I almost never see it and I fish here all the time. Do you want it?" Alex looked, eyeing the ugly thing before another tug came on his line. He pulled, and yanked a Magikarp onto the land. Both pokemon, not being suited to the land environment, couldn't do much. It'd be useful to have a pokemon capable of swimming though, and Magikarp would evolve one day into an incredibly powerful Gyarados. Which was probably too much work. After examining his options, he shook his head, and let both flop back into the sea, swimming away rapidly. He then re-hooked his line, and threw it back in. The old man, considering the younger, more beat up man, followed suit. And so they returned to silence.

Alex's line pulled again, and after another few minutes of lazy struggling, another pokemon got away. He sighed, reeling his line in and putting another hook on it, throwing it back into the water. The old man frowned slightly, and spoke up in a curious, yet serious tone.

"Why do you bother fishing if you don't want to catch fish?" Alex paused, staring out to his bee pokemon, who had come closer to the shore and was now observing her own reflection, enjoying the vibrations her wings made when they got close to the water. He looked underneath, seeing the occasional flash of red swim beneath. Magikarp was pretty common no matter where you looked, eh? He sighed, and tried to respond as best he could.

"I dunno. What else is there to do? It's just fun to sit here and do nothing. Besides, I need to get my hands on some money to buy at least another shirt, maybe some food and items for my pokemon. I don't really have the energy to expend on catching these pokemon. The more I have, the more responsibility I have..."

With that thought Alex's eyes drifted beyond the horizon. He really had no idea what he was going to do. He was feeling better, but he was still beat up about his previous battles. Sure, there had been circumstances that now could be avoided, but the fact remained that he was unprepared, both physically and mentally, for the task set before him. Become a great pokemon trainer? He was barely a good human being. Next to him, the old man sat, thinking. After a moment's thought he spoke again;

"It sounds like you're in a hard place, lad. This land of Johto is in a hard place, and President Grey is just doing his best to make things better. The terrorist bombings have stopped, and now he needs to heal the nation, and he needs his new trainers to be up to the task of being amazing leaders, and you're one of them. Maybe if this isn't a hard place, you won't be in such a one either. But first you have to help yourself. I've heard if you can beat trainers, you can make money. Why don't you try for that?"

"Is beating trainers the only way? Surely there are other talents pokemon have that could be used. I know there's a pokemon called Meowth that makes money, surely that could be useful? Or maybe pokemon that can do cool tricks, like juggling? Why can't that make money?"

"Does it matter? You've been given the task of a trainer. A trainer catches and trains pokemon for battle. Listen, m'boy, this is the best time in recent memory Johto has had for years, you've no idea how lucky you are to live in it. It bothers me a bit to realize you don't understand it, but I suppose you do look in very rough shape. I'll tell you what, lad, catch the next pokemon that pulls on your line, and you can keep the rod. Sound good?"

Alex paused, carefully considering it. Catch another pokemon? He was on the virge of calling it quits, finding Todd, or anyone really, and giving Buzz-Buzz and Duster to him. He'd do a better job of taking care of both, and under him they'd become strong. Catching another pokemon right now was tantamount to saying he'd continue. Did he really want to do that? He sighed, only to feel something light land on his shoulder. He looked down to see Buzz-Buzz smiling at him. What a strange little pokemon, he had. It hardly knew him, yet it was so attached. How then could he even consider giving it away? Alex closed his eyes, dug deep down, and knew he had to do it. Even if he failed to catch a pokemon, he had to move forward.

"Alright. You're on, old man! Buzz-Buzz, Duster, get ready for a new friend."

Buzz-Buzz flew up, humming excitedly. Duster, hearing his name and the tone of his trainer, dug himself out of his comfortable position, shaking the soft and fine sand off his body before getting ready for action. The old man laughed, happy to see the young trainer getting up off his metaphorical feet. And a few minutes later, their determination was answered. There was a tug on the line! Alex smiled, and pulled back, confident in his ability to yank the inevitable Magikarp out of the water.

Unfortunately, the underwater pokemon was equally determined to stay underwater, and yanked back. Alex gasped at the strength of it, barely holding on! He grit his teeth, knowing the rod wouldn't last more than a few more tugs before the bait was taken. Buzz-Buzz had other plans however, and flew to the other side, whipping up a bit of a gust to get the water going towards her trainer and potentially dislodge the resolute pokemon. After another second of ferocious tugging, Alex went flying back, a reddish flash flying through the air, landing in the sand, head-first. Alex got up, looking at his potential new teammate as it cleverly used it's claws to get itself out of the sand and facing it's opponent. A crab! Figures he would pull up the one thing that could fight on land as well as in the water. What a pain. Well, whatever.

"Duster! Let's get this thing whittled down a bit, use Scratch!" Duster nodded, charging forward. The crab pokemon put up it's pinsirs as if they were boxing gloves, deflected the scratch off of them, not doing much damage. They then shot out, retaliating with a vicegrip, grabbing a hold of both Duster's claws in his pincers. Duster grimaced, obviously in pain. Alex bit his lip, thinking quickly. What about that spinning attack he had used to get through gust, when he fought Buzz-Buzz? That would work!

"Duster use... that spin move... thingy... yeah." If Duster could have, he would have put his claw to his face feebly in response, but as his arms were tied up, he settled for obeying his trainer, using a rapid spin, twisting to spin the krabby into the sand. It didn't do much damage, the impact being cushioned by the sand, but it shook the annoying thing free. It then took than sand and threw it into the air, seemingly pointlessly. Duster raised an eyebrow, and from behind him the old man spoke in a bemused tone.

"Mud Sport. It weakens the power of electricity. Your Mogurew should know it as well, although there's no point to using it now." Alex blinked, wondering why it would use it. Convenience? Maybe it didn't know better. Part of being a trainer was to know what moves to use and when. He suddenly felt irritated with himself, as he'd still not checked Duster's moves or secondary information. Well, he'd do it after this. First, to finish the battle!

"You got this Duster, use another Scratch!" Alex smiled, confident. Duster was strong, and another scratch would be enough to take this thing out. Duster, feeling his trainers confidence, charged forward, stabbing with his claws again. The crab's guard was up again, and this time it deflected it cleanly, dodging the force of the attack. Alex felt a twinge of annoyance at the crab, so skilfully dodging that attack, which rapidly morphed into abject horror as he watched it counterattack by creating foam, covering Duster in tons of bubbles, soaking him while the weight of the spuds caused him to hit the ground. Alex bit his lip, but Duster got up, ready for action. He started to move forward, but his arm was heavier now, and his movements were slower, too slow for the crab, which swiftly used another bubble, blasting it with light blue orbs. With this Duster collapsed, unable to battle. Alex gulped, fumbling for his pokeball to return Duster. The crab then turned towards the sea, and Alex knew it was over.

But Alex was wrong, for in that crab's way was Buzz-Buzz, determined to prove herself. The crab put up it's dukes, ready for some combat, but Buzz-Buzz evaded that hurdle by using a gust. The wind was enough to knock the crab back a little, impressing Alex. He had returned Duster, and now was fearful for the weaker Buzz-Buzz. She had clearly gotten stronger; her gust had a bit more force behind it, enough to actually affect a pokemon adversely. Not enough in this case, as the krabby, resilient as ever, sprung up again and fired bubbles at Buzz-Buzz. Things are going from bad to worse, that attack took out Duster so fast, Buzz-Buzz'll go down in one hit! Alex thought, only to be completely proven wrong, as Buzz-Buzz used another gust to blow away the bubbles and send the krabby back more, forcing it on its back again. This time Alex didn't hesitate, and he threw the pokeball at the downed crab.

And missed completely, the pokeball bouncing away into the nearby surf.

Seriously?! He grit his teeth, and grabbed another one, throwing it before the krabby could get up. This time he hit it square on, and the little boxing monster vanished in a glare of red light. He held his breath, hoping it would hold. Had he done enough? Maybe a scratch and two gusts weren't enough, that thing seemed pretty tough! He knew he lucked out with Duster, but would that luck hold?! Then again, this hadn't gone too badly...

Right?

Doctor Who

Years
    THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY! - Good post, I've never seen anyone roleplay in first person before.

Congratulations, Vico received a Sneasel!
    Congratulations, Vico received a Pokedex and Poke Balls!

Pikalover10 - Great battle, very well done! They definitely make quite the team those two.

Congratulations, Jax caught a lv. 5 male Spearow!

Vamaar - Wow, that was really an amazing post, I immensely enjoyed reading it start to finish!

Congratulations, Alex caught a lv. 7 male Krabby!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    (OOC: I feel as though first person allows the readers/you/other RPers get a better handle on my character.)

I guess I was on the way to my next destination. I continued walking until I saw the ROUTE 29 sign. Walking in, it seemed like there were rocks and rubble everywhere. If I didn't plan my steps carefully, I'd trip, fall and probably break my jaw. The Route seemed to be made a single path by a bunch of trees, and there were patches of grass and dirt. As I trudged around, I contemplated what my Pokémon was. I decided that if I were attacked, knowing what I had would be more convenient. I pulled out the small ball and pressed the button, causing it to expand twice as big. I softly lobbed it into the air, and with a beam of light hitting the ground, a Pokémon came out of the ball," Sneasel!" it shouted. It was a black, bipedal thing that was almost a metre tall. It had large claws on its hands and feet. It also had a gold mark on its forehead and chest, and also has feathers. Three on its rear and one where its left ear should be. It must say, it looks pretty cool. Sleek, dark, vicious. A perfect partner for the rest of my journey. I pulled out my PokéDex and checked skimmed over what it said, "Let's see... Dark and Ice type... Steals and eats eggs... Sharp claws... Known Attacks; Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Bite... Interesting." I threw my Poké Ball, softly tapping the Sneasel on its head. It opened and a red light beamed it back in the ball. I caught it and began continuing down the route. I knew that if something were to attack me, I'd be prepared with this Pokémon. I'm legitimately shocked no one else took it. But I guess the better Pokémon Trainer should get the better Pokémon. It's only fair. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit after I said that. After that, I decided my walk down this Route should continue.

It was just a matter of time before I ran into a tiny brown Pokémon on a rather large patch of green and dirt. It was brown and had a white colored circle on its belly and its tail had white rings. It's ears were large and were red on the inside. I reached pulled out my PokéDex and looked it up," Sentret... Normal-type... Known Attacks; Scratch, Foresight and Defense Curl. Should be a good training battle." I said to my self, closing it. I pulled out Sneasel's Poké Ball and threw his ball enthusiastically. To think, I came here thinking this would be a drag. This'll be just another thing I'll ace. Sneasel's ball opened up and the familiar beam of light hit the ground, revealing my black companion," Alright Sneasel, this is our first battle. Let's end it quickly with a Scratch attack!" I commanded. Sneasel ran toward the Sentret like a black blur and readied his claws. He slashed the Sentret with all of his might. It seemed he and I both thought the match was over, but neither of us noticed Sentret had curled up into a ball. When it got out of the ball, it seemed like it had taken little to no damage. That must've been Defense Curl. Lucky... "Sneasel, use Scratch again!" I commanded once more. I figured the move couldn't protect the little fuzz-ball forever. As my Sneasel ran towards the Sentret, I could've sworn I saw the Sentret's eyes twinkle. The Sentret pulled back its claw and ran toward Sneasel. When they both made contact, they ended up a few metres away from each other, standing like when the two swordsman clashed like in a classic Japanese samurai film. I waited anxiously to see who would fall. It only took a few seconds before Sneasel fell to his knees. Darn it. Brute strength won't win this battle, I have to make a plan. Come on, think... Maybe I could soften it up... Yeah, that might work. But first, I need it to attack. And Sneasel has the attacks to make this work.

"Sneasel!" I shouted, trying to get his attention. He stood up, signaling he could still fight. That's step 1, now for the next one, "Sneasel, use Taunt!" Sneasel pulled his left arm straight slowly pulled his wrist up and down, sending a 'bring it on' signal. This attack sent the Sentret into a blind rage. The Sentret dashed at Sneasel, getting ready to Scratch. I waited until the last moment," Dodge it Sneasel!" I commanded. And with a motion so quick, Sneasel jumped back, sending him far away. The Sentret looked at Sneasel with angry eyes. Next step," Sneasel, use Leer!" I shouted. Sneasel's eyes glowed red for a moment, but turned back to its normal colour after a while. Now for the last step, hopefully," Sneasel, use Bite!" Sneasel dashed at the Sentret and latched onto its head with his mouth. Sneasel was clawed a few times, but jumped off before any serious damage was down. Not to mention Sentret's small arms could barely reach Sneasel. It was only on for a few seconds, but the Leer attack made it pack a bigger punch. Sneasel and the Sentret are both on their last legs. This fight was almost over. The Sentret, weakened as it may have been, was still affected by the Taunt. It started running, ready to Scratch again," Sneasel, use Scratch!" I commanded. Sneasel and the Sentret were both running at each other. This would be the decider, whoever was standing after this would be the winner. The anticipation was astronomical. 3... 2... 1...

The Sentret and Sneasel's claws met, and there was more waiting to see who would come out on top. It was just a matter of time before the Sentret fell on its knees. And at that moment, I knew that a strong defensive fighter like this would complement my faster, stronger fighter. I pulled out one of the Poké Balls and threw it at the weakened Sentret. It was engulfed in the light and the ball bounced a few times before becoming stationary. The small button on the front flashed red and the whole ball was shaking. Judging by how hurt it was, I'm gonna say it's gonna stay in there. I'm positive. No reason for Sneasel to be out of it's Poké Ball. I pulled out Sneasel's Ball," Sneasel, return." I said. The ball remained closed, and Sneasel was beamed inside of it.

Now, I wait...

Doctor Who

Years
    THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY! - Good battle, I'm definitely getting used to the first person now.

Congratulations, Vico caught a lv. 3 male Sentret!

Years
    *Ding*

Right.

In Alex's imagination, he walked up to the pokeball in a cool and suave manner, flicking it up with his toe and catching it on one finger, blowing the dirt off it and smiling at the old man, having beaten his challenge. That's what he had daydreamed, when he daydreamed about catching pokemon, how it should look and how cool it would be. The reality was much less impressive. Alex gave a roar of triumph, dashed over, dived on the pokeball, did a baseball slide and held in up in the air, the pokeball gleaming. Buzz-Buzz flew over excitedly, rapidly going up and down repeatedly. After a minute of laying in the dirt, Alex got up, excited.

"We did it! Alright, now to meet our new friend. It's a crab-like pokemon, so I guess I'll call it Crabmeat, from the old Sonic 1 enemies. Well, with that... come out, Crabmeat." Alex smiled, clicking the button on his pokeball and seeing his new pokemon materialize in front of him. It immediately resumed it's boxing stance, eyes darting quickly about to and fro, observing his surroundings. Buzz-Buzz flew in the air tentatively, seeing if it would go for him, and Alex paused, unsure of himself too. Was this pokemon going to be too much for him? Well, time to find out. He pulled out his pokedex and pointed the thing at Crabmeat absentmindedly. The pokedex beeped to life, and started spewing out information rapidly.

"Krabby, the River Crab Pokemon, a water-type. This Krabby knows Bubble, Mudsport, and Vicegrip currently. It's special ability is Hyper Cutter, which makes it impossible for other pokemon to weaken it's attacks. Krabby have the ability to regrow lost pincers as well, and they are used for the Pokemon's balance to walk sideways." Alex blinked, absorbing all of the information he had learned at once. Mudsport would be useful as it was weak to electricity, being a water type. Looking at Crabmeat practice his fierce jabs in the air, Alex quietly thought that he couldn't imagine it's attack power being weakened by anything, like Hyper Cutter suggested. He got up, his presence giving Crabmeat reason to pause, looking at him cautiously. He smiled slightly, and spoke to his new teammate.

"Well, you're with us now, eh? I'll call you Crabmeat, alright? It's from Sonic 1, it's one of the first enemies you fought and a timeless classic. Anyways, Crabmeat, this is Buzz-Buzz, and I'm Alex, your trainer. The pokemon you beat is named Duster, I'm sure you'll meet him soon enough. I'd send him out to meet you, but he's out cold right now. Which makes me think I should probably return to the pokemon center, ASAP. Anyways Crabmeat, welcome to the team."

Crabmeat made some kind of noise, and Alex pulled out his pokeball, returning him. He considered returning Buzz-Buzz as well, but decided that she may as well stay out for now and enjoy the pleasant scenery. Alex stretched, his body suddenly reminding him that he shouldn't be overexerting himself. He sighed, remembering that he had figured it would be easy to do nothing. Ah well, nothing for it. He turned to the old man, smiling slightly. The fisherman returned his smile, a twinkle in his eyes.

"Well done lad, you got him. He looked tough! Well, as promised, take that old rod with you. I hope you enjoy it, something tells me you will. And lad, good luck with your training. I know you feel down now, but I can tell; give it some time and effort, and you'll go far. Now go get 'em!" With that the old man gave a hearty laugh, and returned his focus to his fishing. Alex nodded, unsure what to say. He simultaneously felt his heart sink on hearing the time and effort while still riding high from catching his third pokemon and getting a fishing rod, beat-up as it was. He picked it up and held it up to Buzz-Buzz to see. She got excited and flew all around it, flying circles over and over. Alex smiled, and then felt something sticky on his hand. He looked down, and saw a strange, yellow substance. He paused, wondering what it was for a full minute before it struck him. Honey! Sometimes after battles a Combee would produce honey! He could sell that and get the items he needed! He licked the honey off of his hands, savoring the taste, and then turned to the old man once more, saying his goodbyes.

"Thanks, man. I dunno if it's a good thing you got me going on something, but thanks. For the rod, and for everything." With that Alex paused, and started to walk away. After half a second he stopped, something on the tip of his tongue. Should he say something like that? Buzz-Buzz, now having flown a few meters in the direction Alex had been going, stopped to see what was holding him. He closed his eyes, and said in a louder, more determined tone;

"Once I become a great trainer I'll be back! Just wait until then!" With that he ran off, first to the pokemon center to fix up Duster, and from there to find a way to sell Buzz-Buzz's honey, and get ready for the next stage of his journey. Next to him Buzz-Buzz blew happily on by, Alex's surge of determination infectious.

OOC: Whenever you update Alex's page for Crabmeat's name, could you update the levels of Buzz-Buzz and Duster? They're level 8 and 7, respectively. Also, I'm glad you're enjoying my posts; I hope I'm not writing too much. I know earlier you said you didn't mind walls of text, but...

Doctor Who

Years
    Vamaar - Krabmeat? That's awful! Still, it does kind of fit doesn't it? Another great post, I'm thoroughly enjoying Alex' journey. Also, on the levels, my apologies for that, it is fixed now.

Years
    Todd - Cherrygrove

"Aahhh," Todd let out a content sigh as he leaned back deep into the couch in the pokémon center lobby. He'd been sleeping in this corner for a little while now. This was the first time in several days when he'd had a really good internet connection, and he'd finally been able to catch up on some projects he was involved in, as well as check all his mailboxes. Took some time on the tricky pokédex browser, but finally worked fine.

He had retreated Shockman and Pidgey into their pokéballs, since the nurse behind the counter had stolen some annoyed looks at Shockman who went around with his static eletricity and Pidgey who flew around indoors. Just a wonderful set of pokémon...

He'd been thinking about giving Pidgey a name as well. Maybe a more creative one than 'Shockman'. But he hadn't really come up with something fitting.

He left the pokémon center to check out the town for a bit. He had walked Alex here until the other trainer collapsed, but now Alex seemed to be gone. Oh well, Todd shrugged. They might meet again. It seemed like they had the same goal. Mr President's goal...

Cherrygrove was bright compared to New Bark. There was a lot more people out on the street, and the bright, sunny day made it all even lighter. Todd wasn't really used to sunlight like this. His poor skin had stayed indoors for the better part of his lifetime. Soon it became too much for him, and as he saw the ocean some walk away, he went there.

Not that he had any bathing clothes, but he'd almost like to take a little swimming tour... if he had known how to swim. He had known once. When he was small he had actually been quite the outdoors boy. But that all changed... with the war? He took off his shoes and walked along the shoreline. Junk and trunks were stranded up here and there. Maybe the war had affected him more greatly than he thought. He had been so young back then.

He sensed a motion in the corner of his eye and looked up. A crab, high enough to reach him to the knees, walked sideways up on the beach. Todd froze, and the two stared each other in the eye. Whoa. A... a sea monster!

The crab disappeared among some rocks higher up on the shoreline, and Todd finally dared to move again. Pokémon... some were really weird.

Just as he took another step forward, two more crabs came up from the water, just behind him. They chomped their claws and gave up strange klicking noises.

"AAAAARRGHHH!"

With a characteristical scream, Todd went into sprint and jumped over a trunk and a rusty metal flake as he ran to get away from the ugly creatures. He almost stumbled on some big rocks.

"Ohoy there, mate!" a voice came to him. He stopped and looked up. On the cliffs in front of him, an old man sat. He held a rod which stretched its line down into the ocean beneath. "Scared of some Krabbys? Aren't you a landcrab!"

The man laughed heartily, and Todd raised his eyebrow in annoyance. "Say what?" he said.

"They aren't dangerous. They seldom attack first."

"Whatever," Todd said and dusted some sand off his pants. He then realized he'd dropped his shoes. Looking back, he saw one of the Krabbys playing with it.

"No. F-ing. Way."

"I tell you, son, days are a lot better now than they were before though. In the war... there were rumors of pokémon being used as slaves in the war. As warriors! A village attacked by a set of dragons had no chance... I remember once... hey, son were are you going?"

Todd didn't have time to listen to old men right now. His shoe was in danger. He ran back to the beach and picked up one of them. Sandy, but alright. The other one was at the moment in the claws of a Krabby. The crab seemed to notice he was looking at it.

"Now, there's not a lot of things that can make me care," Todd admitted loudly to himself. "But that's my shoe. I pretty much need it. So, give it back."

The Krabby chopped his claw and almost tore the shoe in halves.

"Fine!" Todd said and reached for a pokéball. "Well, have a taste of flying doom then!"

He sent out Pidgey. She tweeted happily and looked around. Krabby klicked at her, still holding the shoe. Pidgey seemed to realize Todd was serious.

"Come on, little wing. Knock it out of his hand with a Tackle!"

Pidgey dove towards Krabby and tackled it good, but the crab didn't loose its foothold. It klicked angrily and sent a ray of bubbles up in the sky. Pidgey evaded most of the bubbles swiftly.

"Again!" Todd said.

Pidgey dove again, but got struck by another wave of bubbles on the way down. The tackle still hit, but with less force. Pidgey flapped her wings to get up again, and the Krabby seemed pretty roughed up. But it reached out with its free claw and gripped Pidgey in the tail feathers! Pidgey screamed in a birdlike way as it was pulled down.

Todd gasped and retreated Pidgey into its pokéball. He stared menacingly at Krabby. The sea creature seemed to giggle.

"Is this your idea of fun? You... you hairless beach freak!"

Krabby stopped its klicking giggle and tried to cut Todd's shoe in two again. Todd growled in an uncharacteristic way and sent out Shockman. Krabby did seem a bit more nervous now. Maybe he realized that he was pretty much covered in water and that electricity was carried well by water?

"Shockman, give him a Thunder Wave... uh, please," Todd said, not sure if he dared to give Shockman an order or simply beg for him to obey. However, Shockman did.

The Krabby got hit by the electric pulse, and actually dropped the shoe. Todd cheered and Shockman went forward in an instant and took the shoe in its mouth.

"Alright... for this time, you can have my shoe,"
    Todd gave up to his dog. "Just... don't cut it in half."

They started to turn and walk away, and heard the old fisherman laugh on the cliffs. "Well done lad," he said. "But... you don't seem to be finished yet."

Todd wondered what he meant, and spun around. Krabby was running towards him on the beach. It looked funny in a horrifying way.

"Haven't you fainted yet?" Todd said with unbelief. What an energetic creature.

He only needed to point at it, and Shockman got the point and stormed away for a final tackle. Krabby swung its claws to hit the Electrike, but missed and tumbled over backwards several times from the impact before finally stopping and giving Todd a last "klick" before fainting completely.

Shockman proudly went back to Todd, shoe in his mouth, but Todd felt a bit cruel. Sure, he had been mad about Krabby taking his shoe... but to make it faint right here on the beach? That was sort of cruel.

Shockman seemed to shook its head at Todd's sensitivity. It dropped the shoe at his feet, as if to say 'let's go'.

The other two Krabbys came forth from the rocks on the beach and flocked around the fainted one. They seemed to pick it up and carry it back into the ocean. What a cute sight... in a strange way. They were really ugly, but it looked so beautiful in a way, that they helped each other.

Shockman gave him a shock. Todd jolted and screamed a little, and the fisherman laughed. Shockman went back into the pokéball at that, and Todd left the shoreline, his chewed and wet shoes on their feet.

He remembered to thank Pidgey for helping out in the beginning of the fight. And he had suddenly come up with a good name for her. Little Wing.

(OOC: Pidgey's name is a song by Jimi Hendrix. Also, I debated with myself if I would catch Krabby or not. But I hope I can get levels for my pokémon instead ^^)

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 2: Part 1:
    VS. Spearow!
    "Ding." Jax stared disbelievingly at the red and white sphere, before a wide grin spread across his face from ear to ear.​

"We caught our first Pokemon!" Jax shouted, leaping in to the air in excitement. He smiled down at Sam, before retrieving his new companion.​

Jax stared at the red and white sphere in his hand with held his rather angry new partner. He wondered what he should name the Pokemon. Shrugging, Jax tossed it in to the air, deciding to let his companion get some air and what not, not even thinking about the consequences.​

A blinding white flash shot out of the Pokeball, and whenit disappeared it was replaced by the new Spearow Jax had just caught. THe bird glared at Jax, who didn't seem to notice it as he thought for a few seconds.​

"Hmm... your name... What should we name y-" But Jax was cut off by a loud caw that came from Spearow.​

"Spear!" The bird then dove head first at Jax, whose eyes widened in shock before the bird slammed in to his stomach, knocking him off balance, and crashing to the ground.​

Jax sat on the route, hunched over as he gasped for breath. The spearow flapped around in the air above Jax and Sam, almost both cockily and tauntingly. Jax, when he had caught his breath, glared up at the Spearow.​

"Maybe I should name you Backstabber." He growled, placing his hand on the ground in front of him before literally pushing himself to his feet, and dusted his pants off.​

The two glared daggers at each other, as Sam sat at Jax's feet, somehow seeming to be like Switzerland. The Spearow flapped his wings as he hovered in mid air, before diving in towards Jax again.​

"Alright, Sam. Zen Headbutt!" Jax commanded, thrusting his finger towards Spearow.​

"Ski." Sam said defiantly, and Jax looked down to see that she was shaking her head as if she was saying: You two need to work this out on your own.

Jax's shoulders slumped, before he remembered the immediate danger and ducked under Spearow's attack. "Fine then." He muttered and glared at Spearow as he began circling around the area.​

Jax growled in furstration, taking Spearow's Pokeball and pointing it at the angry bird. "Return." He spat as the red beam shot out of the Pokeball and engulfed Spearow. After a few seconds the beam returned and Spearow was engulfed in to the Pokeball.​

The young trainer glanced down and saw Skitty staring at him as if saying, That's not what I meant. Jax shrugged, before clipping the Pokeball on to his backpack strap, and continuing down the route towards Cherrygrove City. He would deal with Spearow there somewhere.​

---​

Jax walked passed the sign that declared he was entering Cherrygrove City. He expected it to be somewhat like Newbark Town. Residents keep to themselves. Gloomy. Depressed.​

It was almost like a slap in the face that the place he lived at was so depressing when he saw some people laughing on the side of the street, talking. He looked around in astonishment as he passed a cafe, and then a restraunt with people having conversations.​

Jax continued on, however, not stopping anywhere until he reached the Pokemon Center. He took out Sam's Pokeball, and smiled comfortingly at the Skitty.​

"Alright, Sam. You're going to have to go in to your Pokeball for a bit, okay?" He asked. Sam nodded, and the red beam shot out of the Pokeball and engulfed her, before returning and sealing her in to the red and white capsule.​

The two Pokeballs that contained his Pokemon in hand, Jax walked to the front desk and smiled at the nurse behind the counter.​

"Hello, sir. Welcome to the Pokemon Center of Cherrygrove City. I'm Nurse Joy and I'll be attending to you today. How may I help you?" She asked.​

Remembering all that his father had told him about the Pokemon Centers when he was a small child, Jax already knew what to say.​

"Hi, ma'am. I'm Jax. I need a room for the night and then I need my Pokemon to be attended to." Jax said, placing his Pokeballs on the counter between him and the pink haired nurse.​

"Alright, Jax. Here's a room key, you'll be staying in room 24." She said as she pulled out a white, plastic key card and handed it to him. Jax nodded thankfully, and walked away towards the area carted off for rooms as the nurse took Sam and Spearow's Pokeballs in to the back.​

The youth walked down a hallway, looking at the room numbers on the left as he looked for the number 24, and stopped when he found the door, slid the key in, and then walked in. The first thing Jax did in his room was that he tossed his backpack on to the floor by his bed, and flopped down on to the bed.​

The young trainer took in his room. There were two beds to a room, a desk in the corner with a computer on top. The windows had white curtains draped over them. Jax decided he could spare himself a small nap, and thus he did so.​

---​

Jax shot up off of his bed and on to his feet as he woke up, noticing that the sun was lower in the sky. It was going to be late soon. He must have slept longer than he had meant to.​

Jax grabbed his bag, made sure his room key was in his pocket, and then sprinted out of the room. He sprinted down the hall way and came to a sliding halt in front of the counter, panting as he looked expectantly at the nurse, who smiled in return.​

"Here you go." She said, somehow seeming to remember him. She pulled out two Pokeballs, both containing his Pokemon. Jax nodded thanks, before walking out of the Pokemon Center in to the town.​

Tossing Sam's Pokeball in to the air and clipping Spearow's on to his bag, Jax watched as Sam appeared in a flash of white, before clipping ehr now empty Pokeball on to his backpack.​

"Alright, Sam. Want some food?" He asked as he walked in to a line for a Pokemon/Human food stand. As he came to the front, he looked at the menu.​

"Let's see. I'll take a Cheeseburger and two bowls of Pokemon Food please."​

"What type of Pokemon?" The man behind the counter asked politely.​

"One normal type and one flying type."​

"Alright! Here you go!" The man said, smiling warmly as he pushed a tray with two bowls of Pokemon food and a cheeseburger across the counter. Jax nodded, handed the man his money, grabbed the tray, and moved to a separate table, far off from anyone. If Spearow went on another rampage, he didn't want the bird to flip out on him.​

He sat the tray on the ground, Sam staring at him expectantly. Jax grabbed the two bowls, sat them on the ground, and took a deep breathe to steady himself. He took Spearow's Pokeball from his backpack, and tossed it in to the air. In the now familiar white flash Spearow appeared and glared at him, apparently preparing to attack him.​

"Hold on! I only took you out so you could eat!" Jax shouted, cringing at the thought of his own bird mocking him in public. Spearow narrowed his eyes at Jax accusingly, before seeing Sam eat from her bowl of food and noticed the other one. The bird landed softly next to Sam and began eating from his bowl of food hungrily.​

Jax sighed, sat down, and began eating his cheeseburger, still thinking of a name for Spearow. He hit the idea of somehow incorporating that Sam was a bird and Spearow was a bird, maybe name him 'Chewtoy' or 'Scratch Post', before Spearow stretched his wing, showing that he was done eating.​

Jax finished his cheeseburger in a few more bites, returning Spearow quickly before the bird could attack him. Once Sam was finished eating, Jax tossed their trash in to the garbage can, except for the food bowls for his Pokemon, and then headed off anywhere. He needed to wander around so that he would be tired enough to fall asleep tonight, still thinking of a name for Spearow.​

"Wow, I'm really bad at this." Jax muttered as he stopped in front of th shoreline.​

"Bad at what?" An older man asked somewhere from underneath Jax.​

"Wa!" Jax shouted, jumping back as he looked down and saw the older fisherman sitting down by his feet. He must not have even noticed the man there.​

"Well." The man said as Jax shook his head.​

"Sorry. I'm really bad at naming Pokemon." Jax said as he sat down by the fisherman, who held a fishing pole in his hands.​

The line grew taut before the man could say anything, and he pulled the line up to reveal a stupid Magikarp. They were virtually useless unless you needed a distraction. Jax raised his eyebrows, which the man must have taken as a look of admiration or something.​

"You want a pole too?" He asked, pulling a black pole with blue stripes out of his tackle box.​

"Sure!" Jax said, reaching for the pole and handling it gingerly.​

The man smiled. "What kind of Pokemon are in the water here?"​

"Well, Magikarp obviously. Krabby and Basslao too. That's everything I've ever caught here, anyway." Jax nodded thoughtfully, before deciding that he didn't want any of those Pokemon, even if he didn't know what a Basslao was.​

The old man started rambling off about something to do with the war and everything, but Jax acted as though he was listening, even if he wasn't. Nodding thoughtfully here and there, but otherwise ignoring the man.​

He heard the hoot of an owl, before tuning back in and noticing that it was starting to get late.​

"Well, I better run. It's getting late." Jax said, standing up and folding his fishing pole away and sliding it in to his bag. "Thanks for the pole, sir."​

"No problem. Thanks for listening. Most people won't listen to an old man ramble on and on." This caused a pang of guilt to shoot through Jax, but he pushed it away as he bid the man farewell, and headed back to the Pokemon Center.​

He went to his room, and flopped on to his bed as he released Spearow, deciding that if the bird was going to kill him, than the bird could do it while Jax slept. Sam curled up on the bed next to him, and Spearow perched on the back of the chair that was by the desk.​

Almost instantly Jax closed his eyes and entered the dark void of sleep.​

Back