• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journey to the Past (redo)

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Journey to the Past
    I'm Going to give this one another try because it died very early on the first time

Plot: It's been all over the recent news. The legendary Pokémon of the Sinnoh region have been captured! This time it wasn't the meddling of Team Galactic, it was there predecessor Team Rocket. After Cyrus's failed attempts at capturing the legendary trio failed, the underground organization of Team Rocket, whose ex- executives had been scheming this plan since their downfall some years ago, traveled to Mt. Coronet. They used Silph Co.'s recently duplicated Masterball, to catch the two of them.

They knew that the power of just two legendary Pokémon couldn't dominate the world, so they took a much smarter approach to world domination. They harnessed the time travelling powers of Dialga, and the spatial powers of Palkia so they could travel back in time, to any place they wanted. The purpose for that would be to go back to the ancient world and catch all the legendary Pokémon before their powers were fully developed. The current rocket base location is known but no one will step up to the challenge and stop Team Rocket.

Where you come in: Not manypeople will stand up and fight Team Rocket, they remember the devastation they had brought upon the Kanto Region. You however are one of the fearless few who will rise to the challenge. To go back in time and stop Team Rocket.

You respond to a call flyer posted all over the world as a distress call. You will now be heading to Vermillion city for a mission briefing.

Sign-Ups
    Character Name: First and last, no middle or, nicknames are required but are both allowed.
    Appearance: A detailed description on your characters appearance, no limit or minimum paragraph length as long as you give a good description.
    Personality: Try to avoid regular everyday type characters.
    History: must include what region he/ she is from
    RP Sample
    Pokémon: You are allowed 3 Pokémon up to level 30. No legendaries, or Zoruark or whatever its name is. Write them out in the following format.
    Species
    Level
    Nickname
    Moveset
    Nature
    Description: personality and what it likes, how you met/ caught
    it.
    Extra: anything else that doesn't fit in the categories

Rules

1. no bunnying, powerplaying, or godmodding, unless you ask permission of the RPer you bunny (verb?).
    2. Make the story coherent. SO…. Read the other RPers post's on the chapter so everything makes sense.
    3. As far as catching Pokémon goes, you can let any Pokémon appear, as long as it's not legendary, and makes sense for the environment, but leave it at you throwing the ball, so I can decide whether or not you catch it, and what level it is. No shinies, but if it is that better be a darn good post.
    4. Don't pester me about the start time.
    5. NO abusing swearing. Keep it very limited.
    6. Keep romance limited too.
    7. most regular community rules will apply.
    8. it is not first come first serve, it is best SU first.
    9. if you try and reserve a spot, try and get your su up by the next day.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    This will be taking place in an ancient greece like setting, and please post all SUs in the OOC thread.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Sorry I can't do this anymore so I'm going to ask a mod to lock this please.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    thanks it took a while for even anyone to show interest, the first time it was plenty popular (till it died). You know what, if enough people post an su in the next week i might not have it locked.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    I don't see an OOC thread, so I'll post mine here.
    Character Name: Diamond Belmonte
    Appearance: Diamond is a rather short fourteen year old, standing at 5'0. His skin is deeply tanned, almost golden.You can't really see his dark red hair, which is short and spikes up a little in the front. Below his hair are fierce blue eyes that make you recoil in fear every time you look into them. He always wears a confident smile. Diamond has a very fit body.

You will often see Diamond in a suit. He likes to wear brown button downs and black shirts. His pants are usually a dark brown. He is usually seen wearing black shoes. He also wears glasses. In his shirt pocket, he carries a Pocket Manual to the Outdoors and his iPod.

The kid always wears a backpack. Usually, the pack is black. This pack holds his laptop, his water, and his clothing.

Personality: For a fourteen year old, he is an incredibly hard working person. He does normal work and then goes out of his way to do extra, and he does it well. He is credited by his teacher for having a strong work ethic in everything he does.

For example, he works hard in sports. He loves participating in outdoor sports, such as soccer, football, skiing, and cross country. His other passion is music, in which he excels in the trumpet. He is a high caliber student as well.

Diamond is a very friendly kid. He is always looking to make new friends and succeeds in doing so. He befriends people within 5 seconds of meeting them. Another reason he befriends people easily is because of his humble attitude. He doesn't brag about his vast array of accomplishments.

One of his flaws is that he is an impacient person. If people don't get what he is saying the first time, he starts to yell at them. He has a hard time when he doesn't get his way.

History: Diamond was born in the Hoenn region on Mt. Chimney. He lived there with his older brother and his Mom. His family was divorced. He had a decent childhood. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened to him. He went to Lavaridge Elementary School and moved on to Meteor Falls Junior High School.There, he became popular because people there respected his sociability, athleticness, and his high academics.

Shortly after his eighth grade year, he was to move on to Legendary Academy in Sinnoh, a very prestigious academy for the gifted. During that summer, his mom died. That left his older brother in charge. His older brother said, "Dude, you're not going to Sinnoh. Bad things are happening their. Team Rocket has stolen Dialga and Palkia. It's too dangerous for you." With that, Diamond ran out of the house. He remembered learning about those pokemon in Lavaridge. Dialga controlled time; Palkia controlled space. Diamond would protect the world, even if it could cost him his life.
    RP Sample:
    Pokémon:
    Species: Numel
    Level: 25
    Nickname: Pyrrhus
    Moveset: Magnitude, Ember, Take Down, Amnesia
    Nature: Serious
    Description: Caught on Route 112, Numel is a very strong Pokemon. He never gives up and always fights hard. He is stubborn. No matter how tired or broken up he is, he gets back up and fights again.

Species: Cacnea
    Level:26
    Nickname: Kratos
    Moveset: Sand Attack, Absorb, Poison Sting, Ingrain
    Nature: Docile
    Description: Caught in Desert Ruins, Cacnea is a very obedient Pokemon. He is a strong fighter from the desert and can take a lot of damage. He doesn't give up easily.

Species: Slugma
    Level: 24
    Nickname: Hades
    Moves: Ember, Harden, Rock Throw, Recover
    Nature: Lax
    Description: Caught on Route 113, Slugma is a very lazy fighter. He very rarely tries. Thus he is rarely used.

IchigoTorisuna

Riolu Trainer
    Years
    Character Name: Jaden Niwa

Appearance: Ichigo is 5'4 with dark cyan blue hair and matching eyes. She wears a dark red turtle neck shirt with no sleeves and long baggy black jeans. She has two rubber bracelets on her right arm (One pink that says "Werewolves Bite!" and the other black with purple paw prints) with two rings on the same hand. One is a celestial ring (Moon, Stars, Etc.) on her pinky and the other has blue and red triangles on it on her ring finger. On her other hand she has a spinning silver ring on her ring finger. She wears yin yang earrings and an ear band with a sword on it on her right ear too. Her shoes are normal dark red slip on's. She's normally seen with a dark gray jacket on, but she does take it off sometimes.
    Personality: Ichigo can be stubborn at times and a little hot-headed and reckless. Most of the time she's quiet, calm, and somewhat kind to people she first meets. When she's battling, she can be very tactful, observant, and fast to think and act.
    History: Not much to say really. Ichigo used to live in the Johto region until her mother decided to move to the Sinnoh region. Before moving there though, she found an abandoned egg on the side of a dirt road. A not was attached to the egg. It read: Who-so-ever finds this egg will be granted to responsibility to learn about the power of Aura and how to use it. Beware of taking this egg, for it could change your destiny forever." Not heading the warning, she took the egg anyway.

Pokémon: Riolu
    Species: Riolu
    Level: 15
    Nickname: None
    Moveset: Quick Attack, Counter, Force Palm, and Feint
    Nature: Calm
    Description: Riolu has a bit of an attitude problem with othr people he doesn't know. Jaden met Riolu when he was still in an egg. She had found him on the side of a road with know Trainer near by. She took it home
    Extra: He can talk to Jaden telepathically and stays out of her Poke'ball.

Species: Eevee
    Level: 29
    Nickname: None
    Moveset: Tackle, Quick Attack, Bite, and Growl
    Nature: Hyper
    Description: Jaden met Eevee when a bunch of Beedrill were attacking her. Jaden ran over and scared them all away. Afterwards Eevee followed Jaden around everywhere she went. When she got a Pastoria City, Jaden bought a poke'ball and caught her.

Extra: Eevee is a Shiny Pokemon.

Species: Murkrow
    Level: 21
    Nickname: Crow
    Moveset: Peck, Pursuit, Night Shade, and Wing Attack
    Nature: Calm
    Description: Jaden met Crow when she was exploring the Lost Tower, at night. She was cornered by a bunch of Gastly who wounldn't leave her alone. Crow attacked the Gastly and helped Jaden get out of the Lost Tower.
    Extra: Instead of normal red eyes, he has dark orange eyes.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
    Character Name: Brendan Wallis

Appearance: Brendan is a mostly an ordinary everday teenger you see, he usually wears a blue robe with wavy patterns reaching his feet and always has his hood over his head. The rest of his gear is inside or hidden behind his robe.

Personality: Brendan is a quite teenger that usually communicates to only his own Pokemon, his always calm in situations where people panic but when someone close to him is in danger he changes to a deadly fighter that shows no mercy for the one hurting his loved ones. Most of time Brendan just hangs back with the current crowd where he blends in avoiding attention.

History: Brendan was from Lavender Town from the Kanto, at an early age his parents had to work over time in the Pokemon Tower so he was left alone, sometimes Brendan would visit the Pokemon Tower to help sweep the floors or comfort people for their departed Pokemon, after doing all this voluntary work he recived his first pokemon, Dratini which he used to capture other Pokemon to keep him company, on one occasion while he was working a man came up to him and handed him a egg and told him that it was going to hatch into a Lavitair by that time Brendan already had a Dragonite which he raised with alot of care and accepted the duty of takinf care of the Lavitair. Brendan on one of his Journey's outside of town encountered a abandoned Pikachu and nursed it back to health. Since then Brendan realised that he hasn't been spending time with humans which made him a quite yet calm young man to this day.

Pokémon: Dragonite

Species: Dragonite

Level 57

Nickname: Dragoon

Moveset. Hyperbeam, Fly, Thunderpunch, Draco metor

Nature Jolly

Description: Met as a Dratini and given to Brendan, Dratini quickly adapted to it's new trainer, Brendan consideres him as a friend at first but as time passed they grew closer to each other knowing one another.

Extra: Wears a pair of goggles give by Brendan on his forehead when he turned into a Dragonite.

Pokémon: Lavitair

Species: Lavitair

Level: 18

Nickname Lavi Lavi

Moveset Rockslide, Rock Tomb, Dark Pulse, Quick Attack

Nature Quite

Description: Given as an egg Brendan had the potential to raise his second Pokemon, Lavitair was harder to raise since the lack of confidence in him but gained more confidence from battling other trainers Pokemon and grew to like Brendan as a brother and knew that Brendan would always be there for him.

Extra: Lavitair wears a red scarf that was wrapped around his egg.

Pokémon: Pikachu

Species: Pikachu

Level 26

Nickname Sparky

Moveset Thundershock, Quick attack, Thunderbolt, Iron Tail

Nature Bold

Description: Found outside of Lavender town abandoned Pikachu was nursed back to health by Brendan and Pikachu usually refers Brendan as Master and being loyal to Brendan such as risking his life or doing chores fro him.

Extra: He carries a small backpack that Brendan made containg Berries and other special personal belongings with him.

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
    I noticed that the creator of this thread quit the RP. I could take his place as the coordinator, but I'd need his permission first. That way, you people could have fun with your SUs. I actually have another RP in the works, but I don't believe a mod has approved it yet. I might actually ditch that RP, since this one has a storyline. To be honest, I'd rather do something a little more radical than this. It's really up to you guys.

Years
    I noticed that the creator of this thread quit the RP. I could take his place as the coordinator, but I'd need his permission first. That way, you people could have fun with your SUs. I actually have another RP in the works, but I don't believe a mod has approved it yet. I might actually ditch that RP, since this one has a storyline. To be honest, I'd rather do something a little more radical than this. It's really up to you guys.

That would be fantabulous. :3 This roleplay looks fun and it'd be sad to see it completely tank.

If you get your other RP approved, please let me know about it! =D

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
    That would be fantabulous. :3 This roleplay looks fun and it'd be sad to see it completely tank.

If you get your other RP approved, please let me know about it! =D

I sent him a PM. I'll give you the details about my other RP later on if it ever gets approved. Actually, I might stay with this one, because all I'd really need to do is re-vamp my character slightly.

By the way, I saw your SU. I think yours was one of the best, so you're in :)

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
    SU's are temporarily closed. I've already started the RP, but I WILL find some spots for new SU's in the near future.

Warm shafts of sunlight fell over the tall buildings of Vermillion City, casting shadows on the streets and sidewalks. The day was ending, but the time of day didn't fare the mass amounts of tourists. Eighteen-year-old Bryan Allister was surrounded by bustling marketplaces, most of them selling local specialties.

"Even at sunset, this place is still packed," Bryan said to himself. He admired the nearby beaches and harbors and compared them to the dull stone of Pewter City. However, Bryan had no time for a vacation. He had been chosen by a secret organization to plan and carry out a mission regarding the eradication of Team Rocket. The organization refused to disclose their name, but Bryan ultimately accepted their offer. Since he was a young boy, he had always wanted to command a mass mission. Today, this childhood dream began. He had chosen Vermillion City as the venue for the mission briefing because of its strategic location and easy access to transportation. There, he found an abandoned building down a narrow path that looked perfect for the briefing. Ever since he accepted the task, he made it clear that the mission should be carried out as discretely as possible. With the help of a friend, he was able to broadcast a radio message regarding the mission. However, he made certain that the message would only be received by a certain group of Pokémon Trainers.

Bryan sat down in the abandoned building's main room. He was impressed with the way it was preserved. The lights still worked, and the furniture had very few scratches or holes. He had set this room aside for the briefing. A sigh escaped from his lips, and he slowly reclined back, patiently waiting for the Trainers to arrive.

Bryan had almost fallen asleep when a voice caused him to stir. Focusing more closely, he realized that it was not one voice, but four.

"Greetings, fellow Trainers", he said, visually examining them closely. One was rather short, who couldn't be much older than 14. Another one was a female Trainer who sported purple hair and a pleasant smile. She looked about 17. The third Trainer was tall, olive-skinned boy with a scar under his right eye. Bryan guessed he was about 16. Finally, the last Trainer was a girl with vibrant red hair and dull gray eyes. Bryan guessed she must be close to his age. After eyeing them briefly, he motioned for them to take a seat, then began to speak:

"My name is Bryan Allister. I've been assigned to command this mission. I assure you, I'll inform you all of everything that will be going on. First and foremost, I need to know your names."

The Trainers nodded and gave their names, adding in a short sentence or two about what they're like.

"Ah, excellent", Bryan said. "It's nice to meet you all. Now, with that out of the way, I better explain the background of this mission. As you may have already heard, the legendary Pokémon of the Sinnoh region have been captured. Several witnesses reported that it was the work of Team Rocket. You all are probably aware that Team Rocket was once a massive threat to the Kanto region. Nowadays, they can be considered underground, but they're still existent. You may also be aware that Silph Co. has recently duplicated a Master Ball. Team Rocket somehow got a hold of this Master Ball. They already had one. With these two Master Balls, Team Rocket captured both Dialga and Palkia. The power of these two Pokémon alone cannot destroy the world, but when Dialga's time-traveling powers are paired with Palkia's spatial powers, a time warp can be created. Team Rocket will most likely use these powers to travel back in time several thousand years ago, back before the Legendary Pokémons' powers were fully developed. Because they're not as powerful, Team Rocket can catch them with one simple Poké Ball. It is rumored that Team Rocket is hiding these two Pokémon in their base. The base's location is currently unknown. Now, here's where we come in. Our first task is to find and infiltrate Team Rocket's base and steal the two Master Balls that hold the Legendary Pokémon. If need be, our next task may be to chase them if they escape. A possible third task…" Bryan's voice trailed off.

Each of the Trainers had a surprised look on their face. Bryan continued his statement:

"…If we have no other options, and Team Rocket gets away, we may have to travel back in time to stop them." Bryan attempted to maintain a serious persona, but he couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of time travel.

"The very first thing we're going to do here is have a short Trainer battle to compare our strengths. One Pokémon per Trainer." Bryan nodded at the Trainer named Caesar, indicating that he wanted to battle him. "The rest of you can choose who you want to battle with."

Bryan faced Caesar and pulled out a Poké Ball. He spun it on the tip of his finger before calling out his Pokémon. "Go, Gabite!"

Gabite erupted out of its Poké Ball, letting out a shout of its own name before facing its opponent.

Last edited:
    Years
    The young girl with purple hair had seemed to be letting her eyes trail all around the room until she heard one of the other trainers give their name. Her focus returned to Brian, and with a cheerful smile, she stated,
    "I'm Quilla Gafnit! I've been training for years, and I help sell the best shoes in the world!"
    Quilla had been hoping to offer to sell a few pairs to this new secret group, but knew that there was a time and place for everything. She wouldn't sell anything if she got kicked out right away.

As Bryan began to talk, Quilla, after a few moments, began to look around the room again. It seemed rather rude, but the fact was that she actually was listening. She was just very interested in other things in the room, like the furniture and the cracks in the wall. She wandered over to one of the chairs and patted on it's seat with her hand, checking how good of a spring it had. When Brian trailed off, she looked up from the seat and over at the group, looking a little taken aback.

Time travel?
    ...Really?
    Her face seemed to light up. How fascinating!
    Well, besides the whole...possible world domination thing that was also going on. That was a little bit of a moodkill, but hey, on the bright side-- she'd never been good at History, so now she could learn! Even better...
    Perhaps she might run into her Mother, and make that hidden sadness in her Father's eyes go away for good.

Quilla looked at the floor, lost in thought. At the words "Go, Gabite!" Quilla snapped out of it and jerked her head up, looking at the other trainers.
    "B-Battle? Right! Uh,"
    She scanned the faces. A smaller boy, and a girl about her age, whose vibrant red hair caught her eye. Naturally, it would be more comfortable to battle a girl that she didn't know yt than a guy that she didn't know yet, right?

"Totodile! ...Totodile? Aah! Where--?!"

Quilla looked over her right shoulder, then her left, and finally turned around. Quilla's bright purple bangs whipped her in the face as she moved. Her Totodile was currently making it's way up onto the back of one of the chairs in the back of the room.
    "There you are! Totodile! Are you ready!?"

The small blue crocodile looked up at her, then jumped off of the chair, giving an enthusiastic call of "Totodile!"
    It ran over to Quilla and hopped in front of her, eyeing Johto.​

Last edited:

Light Yagami

Compulsive Battler#1
    Years
    "Fresh air, a beaming sun, and battles, that's the epitome of a good life" thought Caesar as he returned Blade to his pokéball. "Good battle stranger" he nodded to a man in overalls who had chased him down for a battle.

Caesar returned to his slight jogging pace. He didn't know what he wanted to do; the pokemon league seemed so cliché. Jogging up route 13, he retrieved his headphones from his satchel. He messed with the dials on his pokégear, and suddenly a station caught his ear.

"Attention trainers! Yes you! If you want justice in the world, if you want to be part of a good cause, head to the abandoned house in Vermilion City!"

"Wow, that must be such a scam" Caesar stated, half wondering, half questioning.

Caesar decided to head to Vermilion City. If anything, he'd like to see Lt. Surge's Gym. Lt. Surge had once remarked that the Fuchsia City's gym's traps had nothing on his. If the broadcasted message was a scam, there'd be nothing to lose with that side mission.

Jogging by the patches of grass on Route 12, he saw a cave, with crumbled dirt. It was a relatively small cave and it looked very dark inside. "Best not go in there, not sure it is safe, even if I could see in there."

Caesar halted at the seemingly abandoned building to which the message referred to. "Do I want to do this?" he asked himself. "Definitely" he answered himself after a moment's thought.

The door was ajar a bit, so he tip-toed in. He managed his way through, into the main room of the building. There he saw three other trainers. He leaned against the doorframe and examined the fellow do-gooders.

His eyes fell on a rather short trainer whose eyes fixed upon him with a cold stare. There was a female with spiky purple hair; she didn't seem too much interested in any one thing. And another female with red hair and dull gray eyes. In a seat vaguely conscious was a man Caesar guessed to be about 18. Since he was asleep, Caesar assumed he must be in charge.

On that thought, the young man woke up and introduced himself as Bryan Allister, and confirmed Caesar's thoughts, he was indeed in charge. He motioned to them to take a seat, and the group, including him, slowly introduced themselves. he raised his eyebrows at the purple-haired girl's exclamation of selling shoes, but never said anything. After the introduction, Bryan started to explain what this group's assimilation was for. Four words caught his immediate attention throughout Bryan's explanation: "Team Rocket", and "time travel". On "time travel", Caesar almost turned around and left. But then Bryan asked him for a battle. Caesar could not turn down a battle, so he decided to give Bryan the benefit of the doubt.

He mentally prepared himself, and with a quick snatch from his waist, he released Elekid from his pokeball. The air suddenly charged with electricity from Elekid's anticipation.

Back