• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journeye' Reborn [T]

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
    Years
    Miss Doronjo
    in my sign up i called rufflet several names, but when i found the new ooc thread u called it only max, u don't need to change it but is it alright if i use all the ones i said when it's time to rp?

also, i sent u a friend request. when do we start?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Miss Doronjo
    in my sign up i called rufflet several names, but when i found the new ooc thread u called it only max, u don't need to change it but is it alright if i use all the ones i said when it's time to rp?

also, i sent u a friend request. when do we start?

I know; I just put Max for now, and I'll add the rest later; and yeah, your allowed to call it any name you want. We'll start eaither later this evening, or tomorrow morning; depending on how much more completed SU's there are.

BTW, I recommend we use the OOC thread from now on for out of character stuff: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260226

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    OOC: Alright, we're ready to start! If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask it in the OOC thread. :3

Bill strode into the library, it was a quiet and solemn place to be, but he didn't mind. It was the relaxing atmosphere that drew him back here every time; no-one to distract him; nothing to annoy him – It was bliss. He quickly made his way to his favourite section of the Hexagon shaped building. Fiction. Like he had done this a thousand times before he walked over to a group of shelves, browsing them with a hand on his chin. Eventually he found what he was looking for, a dusty tome of a book. It was big and leather bound, rather fancy for something in a public library. It did not stop him from yanking it from the shelf before trotting over to some nearby chairs in the corner of the room, tucked away behind some more shelves. This was his private spot in the library, away from most of the other stuff and the watchful eyes of the librarians, who seemed to treat these books like their own children. Silently, as to not disturb the delicate system of the library, he sat down and lay back in the chair, getting himself comfortable. With the book in his hands he opened it, resting it in his palms. This was his favourite book: Pokebeast' Journeye'.

Chapter 1 - Through the Wood

The Village of Pallet in the Kanto Kingdom. The sun arose to begin a dawn of a new day. The markets were opening, the Pidgey began tweeting their morning tune, and the townsfolk were just about to begin their farm work, on account of the Town of Pallet was homed to a many farmland. In fact, the farm lands were part of a "pallet" where one could paint a picture. Southwest in the Village of Pallet was the old library, (where it replaced Oak's Laboratory Back then) where it is said that it harbored any and all information about PokeBeasts. People come and by every day to read folk tales about the legendary Pokebeasts in particular. The Town was also home to many people who's houses were made of brick, stone, or wood, and the ocean , south of Pallet, much closer to land, had a sound that was very calm to the ears of a person who would like to relax. Towards the north of Pallet lies the forest in Route 1, where it is said to lead to The Town of Viridian.

((OOC: Basically, in each chapter, your main goal is to acquire a gym badge. When you obtain the badge, you can proceed to the next chapter. Each chapter is different; they have different towns, townsfolk, different gym leaders...even different dangers.

How you complete each chapter, is entirely up to you, a pokebeast owner from the town of Pallet.

Here in Pallet, your adventure can start any way you want. From where ever in Pallet you wish; whether it be from your own home, or otherwise. I do recommend, before your journey, to visit a market first; for you can get pokebest supplies, like berries, herbs, even pokespheres, the tools in which to catch a pokebeast. You already have your starter pokebeasts, whether it be from a wood, or from a fateful encounter. However you met it is again, up to you. Then you can proceed to Route 1.

Now, in this first chapter, your goal is to acquire a Gym Badge from Viridian. [which yes, in modern times, its normally the 8th gym badge, but, consider this the first badge you can acquire.]

Viridian is right past route 1. In Route One, you can basically do as you please en route Viridian.

There are fellow pokebeasts owners such as your self to pokeduel with (the term used for battiling), there is even wild pokebasts in their habitat. In these olde' days, the forest is much bigger in Route One, so you'll be able to encounter more wild pokebeasts like Sentret, Pidgey, Rattata, Ledyba, or Spinarak.

If you want to capture a certain pokémon, ask for permission in the OOC thread for me to approve for you to encounter. They don't have to be just pokemon from early routes; they can be from forests in general.

Anyhow, if you managed to get past Route One and its obstacles, of course, you'll reach Viridian. Once you reach there, I can tell you all about Viridian, and the Gym Leader.

There is no limit to the number of posts you can make in your goals.
    This is basically a make-up-your-own journey RP.

This isn't also a race, BUT, you'll get a certain prize if you defeat the gym leader first. :3
    Good Luck and happy travels~! :3))

Last edited:

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
    Years
    Chapter 1: Through The Woods-Jacob Gallier Part 1

After days of walking(Since I came all the way from Fuschia), I finally arrived in a small town in which the the townsfolk called "Pallet Town". Anyway, I was tired and so was my best friend, Maximus Shredder. We went out and slept on the fields. I made a makeshift nest out of the hay that was lying around and used some as a blanket and pillow for myself. The next day I woke up to some old man yelling at him and screaming "What in the name of all that's noble are you doing sleeping in hay and with a horrid BEAST that could kill you any time it gets?!" I responded with "He ain't a horrid creature, he's my best friend!" I realized to late that I had just called Shredder "friend", though he is, I knew that the old man would turn on me and tell the other townsfolk and I would be run out of town. But then, the old man said something that surprised me: "You passed the test. Even I consider pokebeasts friends rather than enemies. Why don't you come to my cabin? Any so I went. It took a while but i finally worked up the courage up and asked: "Why do YOU treat pokebeasts as friends? What do you do for a living? Why live in Pallet Town? What is your name?" The old man said nothing until we got into his cabin and was drinking milk. The old man said all at once "My name is Kevin Fredrik III. I am a scholar. I am friends with pokebeasts the same reason you are, by playing with them often. I live in Pallet because it is calm, quiet, and peaceful. So what is your name and why are you here?" I answered Kevin's question with "My name is Jacob Gallier and I came here because if i continued living my town I would have gone nowhere in life but then I thought, if I battled gyms and then the King And His Champions and won, I could actually be somebody and not just some lowly street urchin. And since this was the only place i knew how to get to, I came here." Mr. Fredrik only responded with a "Hmmm." Then all of a sudden he left the room and went to a bookcase behind the seating area and came back with a backpack full of herbs, berries, and 10 pokespheres and a very thick book entitled "Pokéncyclopedia". He told me to take he bag and told me the book had every known pokebeast in it and said "I know we just met and all but I want you have all his and use them in your quest. They will help you. Also I hope you know how to use these berries because 2/3 of them are very rare. Well get moving, you ain't getting any younger." I didn't know what to say so I kept thanking him while I walked out of his cabin. And then I finally and officially set off on my journey and headed north towards Route 1.

OOC: That is just Part 1 of my Chapter 1. The next part will come soon. "I" was Jacob Gallier, as it is kinda obvious.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Mist Auffrye's notes

"For those of you who are reading this, my name is Mist Auffrye, a fellow pokebeast owner such as yourself. From time to time, I shall be writing down specific notes about tips about your adventure. Please do look at them carefully; you wouldn't like to be squished by a Golem or be eaten by a Salamence now, wouldn't you?"

The first thing you should keep an eye on is the weather that I'll jot down in this note:

***It is currently sunny.
    No cloud in sight.***

"The weather can play a variety of roles: the wild pokebeasts you can encounter, as well as certain events you can do.

Another thing you should be wary about, is the obstacles on your path. Beware that these obstacles can stand in your way during your quest."

BEWARE.
    Strolling along Route One won't be an easy task. During your travel through Route One, there is a chance that you'll run into certain pokebeasts:

Journeye' Reborn [T]

+ Stantler are habitable in this route. They are known for their antlers. Those who stare into one will gradually lose control of their senses, and be lost into a distorted reality.

Journeye' Reborn [T]

+ Fearow are extremely territorial pokebeast in this route.

Journeye' Reborn [T]

+ Ariados are pokebeasts that act in groups, with a leader. You may see a clan of one during your travel in route one. They can be territorial.

"It is uncertain which danger you face, but if you overcome them, of course, you can your pokebeast can become stronger, or, you may be able to catch these pokebeasts for your team to be stronger as well. Or, you can simply flee from them. Well, I can not tell you what to do when this comes, so best of luck to you all.

The next thing is just some key places about towns. The last thing I can jot down is the notes about the gym leaders you'll face in a duel. This is just some preparation on what''s coming ahead."

Well, happy travels to you all.
    ~Mist

((OOC: I, your GM, will determine what obstacle you'll encounter during your travels, so, you might have to be ready to roleplay yourself out of dangerous situations at any time. :3))

Last edited:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    ((OOC: I apologize in advance to anyone majoring/having majored in Middle English.))

Chapter One | Part One: 'Ere be...die Geists?

The English-German dictionaries of olde are never accurate.

"'Ey, lad, 'ow's about you an' me get a drink? 'S on the 'ouse." It wasn't uncommon for Colette to get asked to a drink with one of the bigger, burlier men in her village. She always wondered what they would say to her if they knew she was female. But today was a big day. Today was the day Colette would be leaving on her journey to become a knight!

"Forgive me, but I must be going. If I stopped to drink, I'd never get anywhere," Colette politely replied. Her voice had a bit of a feminine touch to it, but it was ambiguous enough that even her own parents couldn't tell her gender.

"Aye, fare thee well, then, lad!" The man walked off, a somewhat sullen look on his face. Though, he should've been used to Colette's rejections by now. She never drank, and never thought to drink. It just wouldn't do her work any good. All right, to the Village of Pallet I go! she thought merrily. She had said her "fare thee wells" to her family already, so she needn't worry about doing such. As she reached the border of her village, she stopped. Aye, there's one more thing I need t' do, she recalled. Colette turned around and headed to an abandoned shack. There had been rumors in her village that it had been haunted by a ghost of some sorts. Colette never really cared about an "old wives' tale" (as she called it)...until it began to mess with her farm work.

"'Ey, Lani, yeh in 'ere? It's time to go!" Colette gently opened the door and peered around. There was nothing in sight. "This isn't funny, Lani. Come out, will yeh?" As soon as her mouth finished moving, a blueish-purple orb appeared before Colette. It began to fly around her at a high speed. "There yeh are, Lani! Come on, we 'aven't got all day!" The orb began to take shape, and eventually became a blueish-purple head of some sort, with a pink pearl necklace around its neck. This was the "ghost" of the shack, a Pokebeast. She started out spooking travelers and villagers by playing pranks while staying in the shack, but then she went on to eat crops. Eventually, she snagged some of Colette's finest potatoes, and that was that.

Now very much willing to get to the bottom of the rumors, Colette had barged into the shack and demanded the spirit face her. When the Pokebeast did appear, she scolded her for her behavior. The ghost had been shocked by this, and disappeared as soon as Colette had finished. The following morning, Colette was tending to the fields and to her lost crops when the spirit appeared aside her. She seemed to take a liking to Colette, and the girl realized the ghost was her ticket to starting her journey. She showed the spirit to her parents, and they allowed her to leave. Of course, Colette still had to prepare. She had stayed the night packing while the ghost, "Lani", stayed in her shack for a final night.

Now back to the present. Lani's eager expression hinted that she was ready to go. And that's exactly what Colette wanted to see. She exited the shack, making sure the spirit was still following her, and walked through the village. Colette could feel eyes resting on her and Lani as she walked past the blacksmith's shoppe and the marketplace. She caught some of the expressions on peoples' faces on the way out. They all seemed to be saying the same thing: "What is that with 'im?" and "Is 'e out of 'is mind?!" But Colette didn't care. Lani was her friend, someone she could confide in, for a change. Even if she couldn't understand what the spirit was saying in return.

It took about twenty minutes by foot to reach Pallet. But Colette was well-built for such a trip, so she arrived without being the least bit out of breath. She turned to Lani and smiled.

"Well, Lani, 'ere we're gonna check out the library to see what yeh really are." The library wasn't hard to spot, fortunately. Both Colette and Lani went inside and ignored the people who were staring at Lani. Spying a clerk, Colette approached her.

"'Ow fare thee, ma'am? I'd like a book on Ghost Gland Pokebeasts, please." The woman looked at the spirit behind Colette, then motioned for them to follow.

"Here we are, Ghost Gland Pokebeasts." The clerk spoke in a slightly different accent than Colette had grown up with. She wondered if everyone else in Pallet spoke like the clerk did, or if it was Colette's village that was different from the rest. Regardless, after the woman had walked away Colette got out a rather large book on the Ghost Glands.

"Let's see 'ere... 'Banette, Ghost Gland'. Definitely not yeh. 'Chandelure, Ghost 'n Fire Gland'. Nah..." She had finished reading "Gengar, Ghost and Poison Gland when she stopped. "'Giratina, Ghost 'n Dragon Gland'," she read. "Sounds like a mighty powerful Ghost, eh?" Lani nodded in response. "Anyhoo, let's continue. 'Golett, Ground 'n Ghost Gland'... Ah! There yeh are! 'Misdreavus, Ghost Gland!' 'M I right?" Lani nodded again. Colette continued reading. "Says 'ere that yeh 'evolve' into Mismagius, another Ghost Gland, 'n that yeh love to pull pranks. Ain't that the truth. Ah, 'ere're yer attacks. 'Shadow Ball', 'Growl', 'n 'Confuse Ray'. Sounds like yeh're a tough one, eh?" Colette closed the book and put it back on the shelf. "Well, now that that's over with, let's 'it the market and buy some stuff for the trip!" Lani let out a happy cry, and followed her owner out.

The market was nothing like it was back home. There was a lot more merchandise for Pokebeasts, and Colette couldn't help but wonder if Pallet was open to people having one of their own.

"How fare thee, sir?" one of the merchants asked. Colette realized he was talking about her, and bowed.

"I fare well, thank yeh. May I ask what yeh 'ave for sale?" The merchant smiled, and motioned to the odd-looking spheres.

"These be Pokespheres, lad. They'll let ya catch any Pokebeast that ya want. They're cheap, too!" Colette looked at the price. Indeed, they did seem rather cheap. But did she really need them to catch Pokebeasts? She turned to Lani, who was busy bothering a merchant in the next stand over. Eh, it can't 'urt to try 'em out.

"I'll take twelve then, if yeh don't mind." Colette held out quite a bit of cash, which she had earned selling crops and running errands and the like. The merchant took the cash and handed her twelve spheres, each complete with a key.

"Now, the trick is to weaken a Pokebeast first, then ya throw the sphere!" the merchant advised. Colette thanked him, stuffed the spheres into her knapsack, and went over to the next stand, which seemed to be selling berries.

"Away, spirit, away!" the female merchant cried out. But the Misdreavus was too entranced with the food.

"Lani, leave 'er alone!" Colette cried out. "We can't have yeh causing nice people trouble now, can we?" The Misdreavus sulked, knowing she had been scolded.

"Thank you for taking care of the...Pokebeast?" Colette nodded. "You know, it'd do you some good to take some berries with you in case she ever gets injured or hungry. What do you say?" Colette agreed with the statement and bought twelve berries. She liked having extra, just in case. She stuffed them into her sack and pushed Lani northward as they left the market.

"Now we've got what we need; so let's go to the next towne!" Colette looked at the road sign "Pallet > Route 1 > Viridian". Colette sighed. "Looks like we 'ave a ways to go before we do end up in Viridian, eh? But I know we can get there! So long as I 'ave you, that is!" Lani nodded in agreement and flew ahead of her owner as if to keep her protected. Colette smiled at the ghost's kindness and followed her onto Route 1.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
    "Anyshka, Anyshka where are you?" came the drawl of her Mother from down the narrow wooden staircase of their modest farmhouse, drifting up in her smooth voice with now only a tinge of an accent to indicate that she and her family were not originally from these parts. Out of Anya's whole family, her Mother's accent had proven to be the most persistent and difficult to shake, but Anya herself was pleased by this. It reminded her of the near idyllic lifestyle they had back in Unova before the homogenisation, as her Father euphemistically called it, and she knew that her parents had tried to the fullest of their capacity to replicate their old life in their new settlement at Pallet Town.

In truth, as time passed the pangs of longing for their small farm outside Icirrus City had dwindled - of course they would persist to an extent in the depths of Anya's consciousness always - and life in Pallet proved to become Anya's new 'normal'. A strange feeling of guilt had developed within Anya when she first realised she felt comfortable in Pallet Town, once the staring at and the harmless gossip about the pale, blonde-haired and blue-eyed family with the funny voices had subsided of course. Not that it had bothered her much to begin with...except for the fact she and her family had found as much difficulty pronouncing the names of the townsfolk as the townsfolk had encountered with theirs.

"Anya! I shall not call for you again child!" sounded the somewhat sharper tones of her Mother now, and Anya was startled out of her reverie, stunned into action by the loss of the affectionate honorific 'shka' - now her Mother was being serious. And yet another difference she had found troublesome to habitualise between herself and the people of her new hometown - apparently 'Marishka' and 'Janushka' were not the same as 'Mary' and 'Jane', and people couldn't be accused of ignorance for not responding to such variations on their names, even if said variations were designed to express holding one in high esteem...

Running her tortoiseshell comb through her hair one final time, despite the fact she had been carefully detangling her hair for the past half hour, Anya slowly placed the comb down on her sanded wooden dresser and stood, the familiar scraping of the wooden legs of her stool on the floor reminding her of all these little sounds, sights and smells that she would miss most about her home. Generally she would miss home...but Anya believed herself to be adaptable enough to not fret too much over potential homesickness.

Before turning to leave her room one final time, Anya took a last look at the home she would be leaving behind - the blue and beige knitted blanket over her under-the-window bed (the bed that her younger sister Illiyana had 'won' in a game of Squirtle-Charmander-Bulbasaur with her older sister - it would emerge that the under-the-window bed was the coveted bed in the room she shared with her two female siblings), the small chest of drawers with her brass candleholder, the number of times she had burnt candles right down to the wick through losing track of time in her own thoughts, staring up at the simple-but-secure wooden ceiling above her head.

Making her way down the staircase, Anya peered into the wide, airy kitchen usually inhabited by her mother, and frowned slightly as she noted that the whole family were gathered around the kitchen table. Even Vitaly, who had been consigned to his own bed for the past week with some lurgy or another - being a child of a sickly disposition anyway Anya often lost track of what malady Vitaly was suffering from - was looking up towards her with a small smile on her face.

"Papa, Mama, Vitalushik, Illiyashka, Dariyashka..." she addressed each member of her family in turn, a slightly questioning note in her voice...they had all gathered around to bid her fare-well on her journey? This was surprising...especially given that her Father was sat at the table too despite his opposition to Anya's leaving...and she bowed her head respectfully in her parent's direction, maintaining her standing position by the table, hand resting on the back of Vitaly's chair.

"Anyshka....as you know, I have not been happy with your leaving for this journey around Kanto," said her Father slowly, quietly as though measuring each word that came out of his mouth before he spoke it, placing his tobacco pipe down onto the table gently. Despite his dark, rugged appearance - Anya, Illiyana and Vitaly had inherited their fair looks from their Mother - his eyes exuded a certain gentleness along with an unbridled worry and anxiety that made Anya's heart wrench somewhat. Was she doing the right thing? Perhaps...perhaps her father was right and she should just hand over Pawniard's Pokesphere before she made a dreadful mistake. Kanto was a large place...full of danger...how could Anya even dream to live up to this?

"But before you leave," her Father continued as though he hadn't paused in the first place, "before you leave for this journey...I wanted you to know that I am proud of you. Proud...like with all my children. You shall bestow honor on our household...now, Vitaly and I crafted this for you from the Oak trees lining the path," he leant down and stood up, passing a wooden staff with decorative engravings all along it to Anya who surveyed it with wide, emotion-filled eyes. "It shall help for difficult hiking places...but also, Anyshka, you must be careful of yourself...and of Pawniard...you know that there are many out there who despise the idea of women-folk owning Pokebeasts to their very core...ensure that you do not, as they say, come a cropper to these people..." Anya nodded, tears threatening to spill from her eyelashes before she blinked them away.

"Da, Papa," said Anya simply with a small bow towards him. A man of few emotions, her Father was seemingly satisfied and sat himself down again, retaking up his pipe and gazing into the fire. Anya's Mother then crossed the table, passing her daughter a cloth sack designed to be placed around the shoulders.

"Anyshka...I fashioned you this sack-bag...in it you will have food, your clothing, a water sack, and some money that Papa and I saved for you for today...it is not much of an amount but it shall help you on your way," she spoke gently, placing a hand on Anya's shoulder before hugging her tightly for a brief moment. Anya closed her eyes into the embrace and took a deep breath, memorising her Mother's scent before pulling away. "Now...you must go if you are to make progress of a sufficient level before sunset," smiled her Mother, gesturing to the door. After briefly bidding Vitaly farewell, Anya left the house with her sisters, the three females walking through to Pallet Town centre in a comfortable silence. Anya kept a hold of Pawniard's Pokesphere, as though it fed her the strength and energy to continue.

"You must heed Papa's words, Anya," said Illiyana quietly, glancing up at her older sister. "There are bad people...who will begrudge the bond between you and Pawniard...you must be careful with yourself and ensure that you do not bite off more than you can eat."

"The expression is bite off more than you can chew, Illiyashka, and I agree," said Dariya with a somber expression, glancing over at the local butcher in an attempted nonchalente manner and flushing slightly at the knowing glance Anya gave her. "What, Anya, what? Why do you look at me in that manner?" Anya laughed, a genuine laugh she didn't expect to feel today, and shook her head slowly.

"Dariyashka, please just swear to me that Jacushik and yourself will not be in engagament before I return," she quipped, raising a brow at her rapidly-reddening sister who stammered something along the lines of 'don't know' and 'talking balderdash' whilst still shooting glances towards the butchers where her not-so-secret love Jack worked with his Father. Almost as though prompted, Jack emerged outside the butchers with an expression similar to that of Dariya on his face, pretending to busy himself with a basket of eggs before 'glancing over' at the three girls, though his eyes fixed instantly on Dariya and his body language had been pointing to her even as he walked outside, and waving brightly with a wide smile. Although Anya and Illiyana waved back with a cheery 'Hello!' Dariya blushed even deeper and averted her eyes with a sheepish grin before waving in a very small, restrained way. Anya turned her eyes to Dariya and sighed melodramatically, knocking her sister in the arm.

"I take back what I said. The way you carry on so coyly the two of you shall not be engaged before I have captured every single Pokebeast in the region and brought them home for Papa's farm...Dariya! You need not be so...so...so like a girl around him anymore! Why not strike up conversation? The weather has been clear for such a long time, why not discuss this with him?" she suggested, not understanding why Dariya found it so difficult...if it were her, she would just look at what she had to lose, and if there wasn't much then she would go for it. But from the shaking of Dariya's head, this did not seem to be an option for her.

"You do not understand Anyshka...now please just release Pawniard and be on your merry way..." she grumbled darkly, stopping abruptly to cause Illiyana to walk into her with a loud 'OOF!'

"I expect a progress report on my return home, if not an engagement," quipped Anya one final time before releasing Pawniard, who watched her and her sisters. Illiyana instinctively took a slight step back, having never gotten around her fear of Pawniard, as one of those people who had a constant fear of Pokebeasts. Anya never suffered from such a fear with Pawniard, although now that she were to encounter various wild Pokebeasts on the road...she could well discover this fear. "Well...I suppose this is goodbye...for now," she said to her Sisters quietly, before they all fell into a deep three-way hug. Keeping the farewell short and sweet was Anya's ultimate aim, and with this goal in mind she turned and made her way down the path in front of her - both physically and metaphorically - her uncertainty threatening to take over her very spirit.

Taking a glance at Pawniard, who looked back up at her just as pointedly, Anya took in a deep breath and glanced to the side of the road...two young men glaring at her as she walked along with Pawniard...as her father had warned her. Gripping the staff slightly tighter, Anya averted her eyes and fixed them ahead, making her way to the shops in the centre.

"Good day Sir," she said quietly with a bow having entered one of the shops that sold various Pokebeast-related items. She attempted to ignore the instant look of dislike and suspicion that crossed the man's face and waited patiently for him to respond to her greeting...before realising he had no intention of replying. Oh sweet Lord above..."May I ask for 5 Pokespheres and some of your herbal medicines please?" she asked him, eyes fixed onto his even as he maintained a determined averted gaze. For a moment it seemed like he were considering denying her request, before glancing upon Pawniard's sharp blades and immediately setting about putting 5 Pokespheres and the requested medicines into a bag.

Handing over the money to him, Anya took note of others in the shop. A pair of gentlemen in the corner, one with a Pidgey himself, nodded to her not unkindly whilst one woman walked into the shop, took one look at Anya and Pawniard and turned sharply on her heel to leave again. Anya bowed her head towards the Grocer, thanking him out of politeness before leaving the shop. Steadying her nerves with a deep breath, Anya looked down at Pawniard.

"I suppose it's you and I now Pawniard..." said Anya softly with a smile, Pawniard nodding back an affirmative, but seeming happy about the fact. As much as Anya was unsure that she could do this...Pawniard's belief in her spurred her on, walking down the path through Pallet Town towards Route One, not looking back. If she looked back, she would want to run back home. She was determined that she would not look back.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    ((OOC: Nice posts Sewaddle and Selena. ^___^

My own character is going to part take in this RP too, doing random stuff and going to places like yourselves, but, not to collect gym badges. She'll be a "helper" in case you guys want to talk to her about certain hints, or pokebeasts. Also, to share different facts. :3

So just call her a minor character. =P))

The SU:
    Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mist Auffrae

Pallet

The olde' library had its same musty aroma as it always had, however, like any other lbrary, it was surround by books and other literature. Especially all about Pokebeasts. There were books about the anatomy of Heracross, the habitats of slugma's, even 1001 ways to cook a deceased buneary. You could hear Kricketot and Kricketune about a mile away chirping and humming with the sounds of the wind wisping through the tree leaves in the Route One forest. Mist Auffrae, a 19 year old young woman, started to raid one of the shelves of the Pokebeasts books, and took out one that had a cover that was green, blue, and red swirled together. "Pansear, Pansage, and Panpour..." Mist said as she read the title outloud. "O-oh! Excuse me! Hark now, one young one..." a surprised woman's voice came.

Mist looked up from the cover of the book she read, to see a rather old and short lady. She had glasses that were chestnut-colored, as she also had to adjust them to help her see. The old lady took a sharp look at Mist. "Oh...I apologize," the lady said. "I thought that thou was someone else. My mistake. Oh...wait a moment...is thy name...Mist?" "It is," Mist replied as she looked eye to eye with her, then looking back down on the cover of the book she was holding. "Good morrow', my faire' librarian." "Ah...tis' the day so young?" the libraran asked as she checked her pocket watch. "Hm...it is."

She then noticed the book Mist held in her hands as she was staring at it. "Ah...is thou interested in the basic knowledges of Pansear, Pansage, and Panpour?" she asked as Mist looked up at her again. "Quite," Mist replied sternly. "All I hath known about these Pokebeasts are that the proportion of their heads and large ears are similar to that of Aipom, although the insides of its ears are orange with small points at the upper portions. Please do tell me more, madam?" "Indeed I shall," she said as Mist handed her the book all about the three pokebeasts.

The libraran then closed the book, after she read it, and handed it over back to Mist. "...And that is what I have to share with you." she said. "Thou are remarkably intelligant as always," Mist complemented. "I think that my favourite out of the three is a Pansage, the fire pokebeast. I do admire its wiry tail and swirly hair." "Keep in mind that these three pokebeasts do not live together," the librarian then explained. "They are extremely territorial towards one another." "I thank thee," Mist said as she put the book back in the shelf. When she was finished, she then caught her eye to another book: The legends of Pokebeasts. Out of all the times she had visited the library, she hadn't seen this book before. "Pray pardon me, my good lady," Mist asked after she read the cover of the new book. "What are the contents of this book?"

The librarian then swiftly took the book from Mist, taking a close look at the title. "Ah..." she hummered. "Tis' the book about the legendary Pokebeasts... from our Kingdom of Kanto."

Mist then became more intrigued. "Does thou meant the legendary pokebeast of Kanto: Articuno the ice beast, Moltres the fire beast, and Zapdos the thunder beast?" "The same," the libraran said as she then stared towards the celing. "Does thou knoweth...I have seen one of them?" "That's an unbelievable tale!" Mist said in shock. "I have thought that Pokebeasts were always just in the tales of legends...not by mere' mortal eyes." "Ohohoho," the librarian laughed. "Do'est thou' want to hear the tale of an old woman?" "Yes." Mist replied with full interest.

The librarian then held her glasses and adjusted them. "...It was a dark night on the island of Cinnabar...It's located south of here." she started to say. "I was visiting a friend but her pokébeast had gone missing. It was so very dark when we went out to look for it, clouds were everywhere in the sky, hiding the moon from us. I almost got lost on the countryside of Cinnabar, near the volcano. It seemed pointless to keep looking, when I suddenly saw a light further up the mountain's side. I climbed and it got brighter. Soon, I spotted my friend's Nidoran. She was sitting on a cliff, alone I thought. But just as I reached that cliff, something huge got up behind it and flew past me. I felt a warm breeze, and the world got bright... I admit I got scared, not daring to look into the light. Nidoran came to me, and carrying it I hurried down the mountain again. But I looked back once, and saw it hovering above the cliff where we had been, lighting up the place. Moltres. I am sure it was Moltres. It looked me in the eyes. And then it flew straight up into the air, blindingly fast, and disappeared among the clouds. And all was dark again."

"...Thy tale is quite the unbelievable one..." Mist said after hearing the story. "Oh, but tis' a true one," the librarian replied. "I shall never forgeteth it for as long as this old body lives."

The librarian then turned to a seemed-to-be-intrigued Mist. "I have a newest edition of the Pokencylopedia," she started to explain. "Do'est thou want it?" "Yes, indeed," Mist replied with a soft smile. "I do humbily thank you."

The librarian then gave a soft smile back as she then reached for her wodden desk, and took out a brown, big book; seemed to have over a 1000 pages. "I must advise thee," she then warned as she handed it to Mist. "This book will become...nay, it WILL be very heavy if thou is on a long journeye'." "You needed not worry my good lady," Mist smiled as she then took out her old Pokencylopedia book, handed it to the librarian, then put the new copy in her brown bag. "I have been with that book that I just gave to thee for a while now, and I'm used to the weight. A simple mass in weight can not compare to my knowledge, after all."

"So it is true, ohohoho," the librarian laughed. "I hope with this knowledge, you'll be able to complete your goals." "I thank thee. Now, I must be on my way. Fare thee well, good librarian."

"I shall see thee anon, Mist. Take good care." the librarian said as Mist began to part from the library.

Last edited:

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
    Chapter 1: The Journey Begins

Growlithe, the fire gland pokemon, it has the ability to generate flames from its mouth, that vary in power and intensity. The Growlithe is orange and black in coloring, with a rare variation of golden and black. It's tuffs of fur are cream in color, giving this puppy pokebeast the look of a lion. This beast is known for being fiercely loyal towards its owners, as well as territorial. This makes the Growlithe a prime choice for tending farms and livestock.

"Well that is the end of that" stated a young brown haired boy. He was sitting in an old wooden chair at a table with a rather large stack of books, each of them relating to the fire gland pokebeast that sat by his feet. He had spent what had been hours in this library researching pokebeasts, and in the later hours his own, which he had named Nigel.

**********​

He had acquired the pokemon upon entering the town of Pallet. When he had arrived in town a three weeks ago Oliver was rather fatigued, and without a sufficient amount of money, a troublesome state for one who is used to a lavish living style. As he wondered the town that day he happened upon an old couple that seemed the market to be having problems with managing their farm. They old man was holding up a sign offering a small amount of money for help harvesting their crops. The husband, whose age was shown by the wrinkles in his face, was balding and wore a rather shabby looking tunic. His wife, who seemed considerably younger than him, was ill with a relatively common disease, which Oliver recognized by the several small red boils on her left arm. It was something caused by bacteria found in certain weeds, that sometimes grow on farms. If left unattended for a prolonged period of time it could spread across the body and eventually kill the victim.

"Excuse me good sir, I believe I can be of good service to you on your farm" Said Oliver as he approached the couple. The old man gave him a once over, analyzing if the boy would be fit for the work he had in mind.

"If ye thinks you can manage the work then we shall be along shortly". The man's voice was deep and shaky, as if he had been trying to fight of his old age with sheer force of will. He moved slowly towards his wife who had been sitting in a chair behind him fanning herself slowly with her hand. The man helped up wife and continued over to where Oliver was standing. "This is my wife Marian, my name is Nigel Terrymont. Who might ye be?
    "My name is Oliver, I would rather not give away my lineage, but I will gladly help you all with your farm troubles. I have a good amount of experience dealing with crops." Oliver smiled at the man before glancing at his wife's arm. "Sir by any chance does your farm have a purple leafed weed growing by the crops?"

"Why yes boy, there is" replied the woman. "I had found it while tending the corn about a week ago. I rooted up the few that were there. I haven't done much field work since then, I've been too weak of late."

Oliver broke his gaze, and began to rummage through his pack. He pulled out two rather large spongy looking leaves. He proceeded to squeeze them together in one hand, catching the light greenish liquid in the palm of the other. "If I may?" asked the boy, leaning in towards the boils on the woman's arm. The couple nodded, though they seemed confused as to his intentions. Oliver smeared the substance onto the boils rubbing them into the skin. "That should do for now. My mother had gotten this disease a while back on our farm, the physician luckily caught it in time and taught us of the quality of these leaves. I thought on my travels I may encounter such a plant again so I had purchased some earlier."

"Well boy you may prove useful yet" said the old man chuckling. "Let's hurry to the farm, the sun will set soon" The three set off through the town south towards the ocean. As they walked Oliver couldn't help but take in the town. It wasn't too much unlike his own. The buildings were of brick and earth; most of them however, were made of wood. The setting sun made this a sight to behold though, especially as they made it to the farm, as it sat close to the shoreline. It wasn't a large farm, but enough to make a living. The house looked like a typical wooden cabin, with a small porch out in front. Next to it stood a small barn, that judging from the size could house only a couple Miltank. About twenty yards from the house and barn was the vegetable field. This stretched back about 100 yards up unto the edge of the property. Patrolling the crops were two Arcanine trotting side by side, their manes glistening in the light. Oliver and the couple continued to walk into the house, in the living area of the house sat two comfortable looking wooden chairs, both of them with a pillow on seat. In front of the chairs was a small clay fireplace, along with an orange and black striped puppy pokebeast that lay sleeping.

"Don't worry about him boy, he don't bite" stated the man clearly noticing the intrigue on Oliver's face. "Really intelligent, that dog is. Don't have much time to train him though. You can stay in that room on your right down there". The man gestured down the hall before walking into the kitchen with his wife. Oliver then quickly headed down the hallway to his room; in it was only one twin sized bed, and a nightstand. The window by his bed overlooked the road to the east. If anything it was much better than sleeping on the ground during his travels, even if he had gotten used to the feel of the earth under him. He sat on the bed and dropped his pack on the ground. Oliver let out a quick sigh of relief and lay on the bed. Pictures of his old room and tutors continued to flash before his eyes until he found himself in a sound sleep.

Over the course of the next few weeks, Oliver was responsible for picking the crops and delivering them to a vendor in the market. In his spare time he attempted to train the young Growlithe. The pokebeast took to him quite readily, attempting all that the brown haired boy asked. The young pup seemed to be happy to receive the attention and was quite eager to learn. After about 16 days of work the Growlithe and Oliver developed a close bond. The dog would follow him around the farm, and to the market when he had to make deliveries. At nights the boy would spend time with the couple telling them about his plans for travel, and learning about pokebeasts.

When the time had come for Oliver to continue, Marian's boils had completely subsided, due to the tending that Oliver provided. The couple being very grateful for all that he had done, not only paid him a good sum, but offered him the young pokemon, which Oliver accepted with much thanks. With his new partner the boy set his sights on the old library where he would study for several days to prepare for the long road ahead of him.

**********​

Oliver sat up in his chair and stretched out his arms. The Growlithe made a small bark and followed suit as the boy walked out of the library. After picking up some provisions from the market (five pokespheres and a few her herbs) Oliver and Nigel set off north toward route one with their eyes set on the badge from Viridian city.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Meanwhile, at the castle...

Edward was biting his nails frantically, pacing up and down his quarters, which was essentially a glorified dungeon. Eventually he fell onto his bed, digging his head into the blankets. He always got nervous when he was going to see the King, despite the fact they had met on several occasions, sometimes not in the most formal of circumstances. Edward's mind flashed back to his childhood, the time he had been caught by the King sneaking around the royal quarters. He giggled a little bit thinking about it, it had probably been the most embarrassing experience in his life, and he'd fluffed up lines in his performances before. He thought about the King's words from that day, who had been lecturing the boy. 'Don't let anything stop you from doing what you want. Anything'. It rung with Edward, who flipped over on the bed, now facing the ceiling, a small smile creeping up on his face. He wasn't about to let anything stop him, especially some pre-meeting nerves. With a hefty sigh he jumped from the bed, brushing himself off and leaving the room promptly, a pop in his step.

The hallways of the castle were stone and ornate, almost pure white due to the vigorous cleaning they received almost everyday, the king had Blastoise shipped in regularly to help along with the process, their high pressure jets giving the walls that glistening sheen. Edward said a few 'hellos' to the people walking the halls, most of them he knew from his years in the castle, some of them complete strangers. He had noticed over the years that sometimes they gave him odd looks, with narrowed eyes and a thoughtful look on their face, like they had seen him somewhere else, or mistaken him; perhaps it was his loud bard attire. It unnerved him a little, but he mostly ignored it, they probably had just mistaken him. Striding up the maze like corridors and large, mountainous staircases he eventually came to the room he had been looking for...the throne room.

Edward squinted, the inside of the room was full to the brim of expensive decorations, shiny metal armors and weapons. Jewels and gems adorned almost everything in the room. It was often joked that one would require the services of several Snorlax to block out all of the lustrousness of the various sparkling treasures that scattered the room. As he entered, he was met by two guards who moved into his path, each dressed in matching Skarmory plate armour. It was spiky, shiny and tough looking, a Mach punch wouldn't dent it . Anyone who wanted to get past these guards was in for one hell of a battle. They looked him down thoroughly before asking for him to state his business.

"Why, my metal-clad friends, I am the court bard, surely you have seen me? My purpose to spread joy and happiness to all willing to observe my candescent performances. Today I shall be receiving my very own pokébeast from the most honorable King, I sincerely hope that he hath told you of my arrival." the teen sang, his voice sounding stupidly enthusiastic and jolly. The two men exchanged looks, each knowing what the other was thinking through their amour. Freak. In unison, they moved aside, making room for the eccentrically dressed bard to move past.

Edward flashed them both a smile before marching ahead, admiring the room. He had been in here hundreds of times before, yet every time he came in it seemed different, each time retaining it's regal charm. It was in this very room that he had first performed for the royal court, which had, luckily, gone down a treat and earned him a place as an honorary royal bard. However, he still had a long way to go, and that was why he was taking up this journey. The king was eager for the boy to get a name amongst the people, gain a following. On his return he would be made to accompany the King wherever he went, introducing him through the medium of song. He'd also make a great show for foreign dignitaries, impressing them with his impeccably fabulous voice.

Eventually, after walking for a few minutes down the corridor like hall, he reached the end where two chairs were placed upon a raised bit of stone. One for the king; One of the queen. Looking at them prompted him into thought, he had actually very rarely met the queen, only once or twice in fact. Maybe her highness isn't a musical person He mused, putting a finger on his mouth curiously. As he waited for someone to come and greet him, he looked around the hall a little bored. A few guards were dotted around the edge, each of these had a Growlithe companion stood with them. Security was pretty important in this room, considering it is the room where most of the country's affairs took place. One time, Edward had been present during an Hoenn diplomat's visit. Security included several Rhyperior and Dragonite patrols, as well as Machamp guards. No expense was spared when it came to royal protection. Despite the fact that the king was the champion of the pokébeast league.

"Ho ho ho!" A deep bellowed into the room, followed by the entrance of a few servants, each dressed in a few modest pieces of cloth. "Where art these rookies then?" Edward recognized the voice, the King. Seconds later, a well built man burst into the room. He was wearing a green cape with a complimentary white tunic. It came down to just above his knees, where a pair of a red tights took over, finishing his legs off with a pair of white suede shoes. He was in his casual attire, looking a bit relaxed as he entered the room, heading straight for his throne. Everyone in the room knelt as he crossed the hall, watching as he stepped up to the seat of power. Silence fell upon the room, until the man began to laugh.
    "How many times do I have to tell thee not to kneel?" He chuckled, allowing everyone to get back up onto their two feet. He had probably told Edward about six times now, but it was too ingrained for him to just simply ignore. Edward adored the man, who was so full of grace and poise. He was everything Edward longed to be. A few times he had been complimented by nobles, who likened him to the king, although physically. In fact, he had been completely mistaken for the king on at least one occasion. Much to Nav's delight, they did actually look a little alike, similar blond hair and fair facial structure. Typical Kanto traits. The bard watched as everyone went about their duties again, guards standing upright and vigilant for danger; servants meticulously cleaning the floor were people had been walking, a few tending to the king on his throne.

"Edward! My boy, come 'ere!" The jolly man called, pointing a finger at the floor before him. Edward, not wanting to disappoint, scrambled over quickly. Saluting him as he reached the throne. King William responded with a nod, acknowledging the boy.

"Now, this journey you'll be going on. I've arranged for a few more travelers to go with you." the monarch said bluntly, gaining an understanding grunt from Edward "Didn't think I'd let thee go on your own, did ye'? Pokébeasts can be a blessing, but they can also be a dangerous foe...I should know. I just don't want my best bard to get killed by a bunch of hungry Graveller, thee see." Edward grinned a little, proud of the status he had achieved, the nerves that he had been suffering earlier had all but slipped away. You know you've made it when then king tells you that he doesn't want you to die. Suddenly, King William clicked his fingers prompting his servants to run from the room, returning seconds later with chairs, each one wooden and well crafted antiques.

"Take a seat while we wait for the others." He ordered. Like a child obeying their father, Edward obeyed and made his way over on the nearest chair that had been plopped down...waiting for his companions.

L
    ittle did he known however, someone was listening in to his, and the King's conversation. He seemed sinister, as the unknown soon made a plastered grin on his face.

"Foolish brother... Chuckle heartily all thou wants. The crown shall soon me mine."

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Route One: Wild Pokebeast encounters!

A
    s Oliver set out on his journey through the thickness of thee Route One wood, a tiny-like pokebeast rustled through the branches and bushes of the wood, until the pokebeast revealed its beak and its feathers. It was an odd pokebeast; it was hoping on one foot, as it slowly gazed upon the pokebast owner and the reeeast of the wood.

It was a wild Hoothoot, ready for an encounter.

Meanwhile...

Anya and her gallant Pawniard too set out for Route One's forest. Soon, ther arose a sound: a sound of a fluster of wings. A wild pokebast was picking off the ground, probably to gather worms, and seeds to eeat. Its body feathers was brown and beige.

A wild Pidgey had shown itself.

Meanwhile...

Jacob Gallier, along with his Rufflet, set out to Route One as well. Soon, there was a rustle in the bushes. Along with a sound of a swishing tail. Soon, the tail stuck out of the bushes. It was blue. Then, the tail withdrew from the bushes, then, a small pokebeast came out from the thick bush.

A wild Shinx has revealed itself.

Last edited:

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
    Trees, brush, and rocks, this was the scene that was route one. Unlike some forests route one was nowhere near as dense but the foliage provided to be fairly difficult to traverse. On the other hand the sound of the birds and stillness in the forest provided a tranquility that was rarely seen by Oliver when he was at home or in Pallet for that matter. People had always seemed to keep him busy. Now all that mattered to Oliver was the orange dog that trotted happily by his side as he trekked his way to Viridian city.

"Nigel, I think we shall rest here for a moment" said the boy as he placed his bag by the side of a tree. The puppy yipped as it took a seat next to his master by the foot of the tree, its body pressing lightly against his legs. As Oliver looked down at his pokebeast he realized he hadn't done any form of training with the beast. Nigel had told him before that the fire glands of the pokebeast grow stronger the more they are used, so training the growlithe was essential. After a few quick glances around the tree, Oliver spotted some pebbles, which he quickly grasped in his hands, the rocks making an irritating scrapping noise as they rubbed together.

"Hey Nigel" Oliver said nudging the pokebeast gently. "Try to hit some of these pebbles with some ember attack". The fire pokebeast looked up and gave an affirming nod and took a ready stand, its paws set in a wide stance. Still in sitting position Oliver threw the pebbles one after the other into the air, each throw separated by several seconds. At every throw Nigel released a small ball of fire from his mouth toward the moving targets. The pokebeast's fireball missed the first few rocks singeing the trees they hit. I last two rocks were hit with the fire igniting on contact and falling into a nearby bush. "Great job!" exclaimed the trainer excitedly. "We just have to work on your aim a bit. The growlithe let out a small bark, clearly happy it was able to please Oliver.

After petting the pup Oliver grabbed his pack and threw it over his back in his normal fashion. As him and his pokebeast started off they heard a small rustling in the bush where the rocks had fallen. A tiny-like pokebeast rustled through the branches and bushes of the wood, until the pokebeast revealed its beak and its feathers. It was an odd pokebeast; it was hoping on one foot, as it slowly gazed upon the pokebeast owner and the reeeast of the wood. Oliver quickly recognized the creatures from his studies at home. It was a Hoothoot and from the looks of it one of the rocks had hit it on the head, the feathers in that area darkened from burning. It was very surprising to see the owl, especially since it is a nocturnal creature. The bird took a few drowsy hops toward the trainer and pokebeast in an attempt to inquire what they actually were.

"May not get another chance to get one of these" Oliver mumbled hastily moving his hand into his pack to search for a pokesphere, his body and eyes still facing the owl. The Hoothoot continued hopping forward until it was close enough from growlithe's face to feel his warm breath. Not short after the bird pecked the dog in the nose causing it to jump back and yelp in pain.

"Nigel use flamethrower!" exclaimed Oliver winding the pokesphere in his hand. Almost excited for the command Growlithe reared its head back before releasing a steady stream of fire from its mouth. The flames bounded toward the owl pokebeast, the heat burning the grass between the two pokebeast. The bird tried to evade the explosive attack but could not manage to escape the torrent of flames. Compared to the pebbles this target was the size a castle. Once the growlithe had stopped the flames it rushed into attacking position, roughly two feet from the downed pokebeast.

"Alright let's try for our first capture". Oliver then twirled the pokesphere on his index finger before tossing it at the owl. The ball hit the bird with a clang before letting out a loud clang. The pokebeast was then absorbed into the sphere, which began to shake…once…twice…three times. On the final shake an audible click. "Nice job buddy, we should probably get going now though, it's starting to get dark and Viridian shouldn't be too far off." With that the Oliver and Nigel continued through the forest with hopes of expanding his knowledge and becoming a top trainer.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    *HootHoot has been added to Oliver's party!*

Journeye' Reborn [T]

Normal / Flying Gland
    Attacks: Peck, Hypnosis, Extrasensory

Beware!

Journeye' Reborn [T]

Oliver stumbles upon a Fearow's territory.

Note:

In this RP post, You can Fight [your pokebeast will get bonus attacks!]
    Catch
    Or Simply Flee and proceed to Viridian.

What you decide to do or RP to encounter this obsticle is up to you!

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
    Looking around the mouth of Route one, Anya was suddenly stuck within her own mind, stood stock still clutching her staff tightly with Pawniard watching her patiently, his blades crossed in front of him. Even...this transition was everything. Leaving behind her old, secure life for an adventure she still wasn't sure she could handle...cursing her own insecurities, Anya looked around her and sighed. Nobody was going to give her the answers this time...taking a deep breath, she took a step forward and closed her eyes as though expecting to be attacked by a hoarde of wild Pokebeasts.

Finally! Anya had taken that step across to Route One. Although it seemed inconsequential, Pawniard was proud of her - he knew how crippling her ever present self-doubts could be, he could only offer her as much support as he had to give, he couldn't make her do anything. He looked up at her and nodded, gaining a small smile in return when Anya opened her eyes and looked down at Pawniard.

"As always, you give me the strength I need," she said gently, beginning to walk down the route and looking around at the grass and trees - although they were literally steps from Pallet Town, they looked so much greener and generally more imposing...of course this was just psychological, but it still struck Anya dumb for a few moments. She imagined she looked like the Town Idiot, gazing around with her mouth agape, dragging her staff along the floor beside her.

A sudden rustling in the grasses next to them made Anya freeze, gaze snapping to Pawniard who was watching the grass patch intensely. He sensed a Pokebeast...and sure enough, a Pokebeast of the Flying gland emerged from the grass pecking at the ground, freezing as it saw Anya's boot before looking up to meet her eyes slowly, almost comically they stared at each other for a brief moment. Anya was afraid to move lest she make it fly away...

"Pawniard, use your Leer!" she instructed quietly, and before the Pidgey could flap it's wings into the air, it was caught in the glare from Pawniard, not paralyzed but seemingly unable to tear it's gaze away from the Steel-gland Pokebeast. "Good, now Scratch!" Anya said, leaning forward slightly in eagerness, reaching into her sac and pulling out a PokeSphere, winding it up with the key ready to throw at the Pidgey. The Flying gland attempted to flee as Pawniard's blades scratched it's wings, effectively preventing it from flying, and Anya's heart twanged in sympathy seeing the Pidgey hopping around helplessly with it's injured wing. Tossing the PokeSphere at it, she crossed her fingers by her sides - not that she was superstitious of course - and leapt into the air happily when the PokeSphere stopped moving, staying closed. Success!

"Well done Pawniard!" grinned Anya, patting Pawniard's head and leaning down, scooping up Pidgey's PokeSphere with a wide smile, that suddenly faltered. She...she didn't know anything about this Pokebeast...she hadn't been to the library before she left! "Oh darn it," she grunted, stamping her foot and gesturing back towards Pallet Town, "Come on Pawniard, we need to go back. I don't have a Pokencyclopedia and I need to find out some more information about this Pokebeast..." Pawniard rolled his eyes and turned, starting out ahead of Anya on their way back to Pallet. Oh well...things couldn't have gone too smoothly. Anya's fate just didn't work that way.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    *Pidgey's been added to Anya's party!*

Journeye' Reborn [T]

Normal /flying Gland
    Attacks: Gust, Mirror Move, Quick Attack

Beware!

Journeye' Reborn [T]

A stantler appears from a bush and stares deeply towards Anya.
    How you encounter and overcome this obstacle en route to Viridian is up to you.

Last edited:

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
    As the sun began to set, the young trainer Oliver and his pokebeast companion continued their journey toward Viridian city. They had come a long way in a fairly short time, crossing more than two thirds of route one in just five hours. Despite their long venture the brown haired boy seemed puzzled, as from his normal knowledge forests tended to phase out as the got closer to towns, not get thicker. It was to the point where the boy was constantly pushing back branches and pushes so he and his orange pup could pass. This scene was repeated for another ten minutes until the two found themselves in a strange clearing. When Oliver looked overhead he noticed a small nest sitting on two branches from adjacent trees. Curious as to what pokebeast the nest belonged to Oliver rummaged through his bag for his cloak. Item in hand Oliver headed over to the tree and slung the cloak around the trunk into firmly grasping it with both hands. Using the jacket as leverage Oliver shimmied up the tree. He climbed about fifteen feet up the thick oak tree before he got to a branch from which he could observe the nest. Inside the mixture of twigs, mud, and leaves, that was the nest were three tiny bird gland pokebeast. They could not have been more than a few weeks old at that. The chicks had red plumage on their wings, black on their backs, and brown on their heads. They were simply adorable; their squawks making Oliver want to keep one for his own. This feeling of happiness and want was short lived however. Nigel who was at the foot of the tree was now barking frantically to get the trainer's attention. Circling around the dog was the shadow of what seemed to be a large bird. Above Oliver was the creature circling the boy, its large brown wings and large beak giving it a rather intimidating look.

"Fearow!" cried the bird as it began its dive toward the trainer, its razor sharp beak aimed at his heart. Without thinking the trainer leaped from the tree, leaving his cloak on the branch. Falling into a cartwheel after his legs hit the ground. The bird clearly agitated by its prey escaping launched another dive at the boy.

"Quick, Nigel hit it with a flamethrower!" The fire pokebeast hopped in front of its trainer and unleashed a streak of flames in the air toward the long beaked brown bird. As the fire was about to make contact it disappeared mysteriously; then as the Fearow opened its beak flames erupted in the same fashion they had from the growlithe, the speed faster due to the bird's rapid decent. Reacting only on instinct, Oliver jumped out of the way grabbing his dog to ensure his safety as well. The two barely escaped the fire, the flames singeing the bottom of his dear skin shoes.

"Come on Nigel we have to get out of here" said the boy wearily as he pushed himself off the ground. "We can't risk getting injure when we're a short ways from the next town". The bird that had finished the decent to where they were once standing now flapped its wings menacingly watching the boy for his next move. Oliver noticing the gaze of the bird slowly motioned into his bag for a pokesphere and started to wind it slowly with a key. The normal flying bland pokebeast in in response began to ascend upward toward the nest preparing for another diving assault.

The Fearow then let out a mighty bellow before diving again at the boy. "I hope this works…" whispered the boy, mumbling seemly incoherent words after. Then without a second thought the boy threw the sphere toward the pokebeast, the creature easily dodging it by moving to the side. "Alright Nigel we have to run now." The boy and the growlithe then took off into the brush, navigating their way through the bushes and trees, the loose braches and twigs cutting their arms, legs and faces. The Fearow now more irritated with their attempt at escaped pursued them through the forest pecking down every branch that got in its way. With every passing tree Oliver was growing more frightened. He had never thought that he would encounter such a strong pokebeast so early on. His sole other thought was reaching the edge of the forest, if he was there the situation may change.

After another minute or so of running and evading falling branches Nigel and Oliver had made it out of the forest. From over the hill they could see smoke rising from the chimneys of houses, it was Viridian city. The moment of joy was cut short however by the eighty pound bird that was hovering mere feet from them.

"No choice but to fight now." Said the boy as cool grin emerged from his dirt covered face. "Nigel use leer". The growlithe then began to gaze into the eyes of the bird pokebeast, who momentarily shuddered. "Now Hoothoot drop it"! Oliver's Hoothoot then dropped the boy's cloak which was left on the tree on top of the bird pokebeast leaving it confused. In Hoothoot's second leg it held its pokesphere that Oliver had thrown into the tree, after delivering instructions for the owl to retrieve the jacket and drop it on top of the bird when they had reached a clear area.

"One shot at victory. Hoothoot use extrasensory, growlithe charge your flamethrower and release it when I start to run." Hoothoot eyes immediately turned a bright yellow and then fired a swirling beam of brilliant color. The yellow spiraling cone shaped beam hit The Fearow as it continued to struggle in the cloak. Once its movements slowed Oliver took off in a dash toward the pokebeast. Behind him he could feel the heat of the flames as it rushed toward the target. Jumping over the bird Oliver pulled off the cloak and rolled to a safe distance upon his landing. The Fearow however, was on the receiving end of a powerful flurry of flames. The bird flapped its wings frantically in an attempt to generate a gust of wing, but it was to no avail. Taking advantage of the situation Oliver ordered Hoothoot to hit it with a hypnosis that left the Fearow sleeping on the ground.

"That should last long enough for us to get to Viridian" said the boy, who was no shoving his dirty cloak into his bag. His Hoothoot hovered by him and dropped the pokesphere into his pack before perching on his right shoulder. Together with Nigel the team took their time and walked toward the smoke of Viridian, and their first trainer badge.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Welcome to Viridian

Now of course, you are allowed to do anything you want here, but just to let you know: Viridian is almost like Pallet, with similar features and key places:

~ A Library

~ Merchants selling goods

~ Farm Land

~ And the Townsfolk, living simple lives.

But with Key Differences:

~ There is a PokeInn (its the past ancestor of a pokemon center; which is ran by a Cleric Joy, or "Sister Joy".

~ To the West of Viridian lies the Castle, where the king and his court are stationed in the Indigo Plateau arena.

~ And of course, The Viridian Gym, aka, the Viridian Dueling Hall.

About the Gym and its Leader

The structure is made out of brick, while the inside, the floor is made out of marble. There is a small pond in the gym, with a variety of candles and torches to light up the gym.

The Gym Leader is named Sebastian. He is a master of the Ground Gland Pokebasts.

Sebastian has these pokebeasts with him:

Rhyhorn
    Attacks: Horn Attack, Rock Blast, Earthquake, Take Down

Cubone
    Attacks: Bone Club, Bonemerang, Headbutt, Leer

Palpitoad
    Attacks: Hydro Pump, Super Sonic, Hyper Voice, Mist

If you want to battle with Sebastian, all you need to do is at one point, RP post yourself going in the Viridian Gym, and ask Sebastian's assistant, Timithius, a request for a duel with Sebastian.

((OOC: Then, I will RP Sebastian to accept your challenge.

At the battle, you can face any one of Sebastian's pokebeast if you chose.

Then, you can bunny Sebastian during your battle with him. Don't worry too much about the attacks; all you have to do is RP wisely during your battle, and you should be fine. ^^ When or if you knock out one of Sebastian's pokebeast with your own, I will again RP as him to give you the gym badge, and then introduce you to chapter 2, for you to complete at any time.

Remember! Whoever beats him first gets a special award. ^^))

Back