• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] JPAN's Special 0x18B

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
Years
  • So JPAN's modified use of this showfossil special lets us display uncompressed images from a table located at 0x1A4600.
    I followed the format he provided in the hacked engine doc and set var 0x8004 (the table value) to 0, but no matter what I do, the image displayed in-game is a bunch of garbage-OWs.
    JPAN's Special 0x18B

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Alright, I recompiled the source for the special hack and re-applied it to the rom.
    Now, the image is displayed, but with no colors:
    JPAN's Special 0x18B

One would think the palette is wrong, right, but it does load, into slot D, however:
    JPAN's Special 0x18B

And here's the source for his modified special:
    Spoiler:

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • i'm tempted to think that dynamic palettes are forcing the sprite to use the palette in 0x3 while the special itself loads the palette to 0xd
    how to fix?
    modify the original special itself (data before 9d504 or something ahaha) to load the palette into palette 0x3 because there isn't really a reason that, under those circumstances, more palettes would be present

Back