• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I was also thinking that it could possibly be a fairy type as well. A curve ball that GF are good at doing.

These are the highly possible combinations I can see for the Oorotto.
Spoiler:

There are more, but I don't want to list them all. The rock could be thrown out all together. I am just getting the idea from the only other tree pokemon there are at the moment. I am kinda hoping that it is not a Fairy type. Also, with it being a hoard pokemon, I don't think it is an evolution of Sudowoodo.

Nakala Pri

This... looks... BRILLIANT! A massive leap through time! The graphics is great and I am loving it! The new Pokemon aren't making me throw up and the professor doesn't even look like a proper pedophile! :D

Despite my 'Too Much' thread, I have changed my mind. With all of this commotion, I am going to totally spazz out! This looks so awesome!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Now for that Ghost/Normal Pokémon I've been waiting for xD. That combo will only be weak against Dark when not having scrappy or using any move that allows one to hit Ghost types.

Also a Psychic/Ghost irc we have yet to have one of those.

And a Fairy/Dragon!

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Oorotto definitely seems like it will have Grass in its type. I mean, it is a tree. Then again, we got Inkay and Malamar and they're Dark/Psychic squids so I could be wrong. But I am expecting Dark/Grass or Ghost/Grass. Also, a haunted forest sounds freaking incredible. I would love it. It would be amazing. GF, make this happen.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think that is just a colored in fan art drawling that I first posted on this thread, (not exactly the same). However, it could still be very true. I wish they would hurry up and reveal it so new fan art would stop being made of it. I have already seen like 5 or 6 different styles.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Serebii has a new drawing of it, the leaves on it's hands remind me of the moss on Regigigas. I'm sort of hoping it's a legendary.

A "cute-gone-scary" kind of Legendary? Like a Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Shaymin/etc but just a tad bit more "scary"? That'd be interesting.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think our regional cute legendary will be introduced later, Victini was introduced rather early in it's generation, being available in game on day 1 (by event).

Pongoro is honestly the coolest (Panda) bear Pokémon yet.

Years
Apparently Serebii has a new image that they say is more indicative of Orotto/aurotto's design.
orotto4th.jpg

With this, I am definitely getting either ghost/grass or ghost/bug.

I am glad it looks nothing like Blossomon!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I'm not sure if I like that or the first sketches better. I think that based off its design, there's a solid chance is a Grass type, but I'm not entirely sure its also Ghost. I keep gravitating towards the idea that its maybe more along the lines of Grass/Dark. Though, I would love a Grass/Ghost type.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
i think this is the generation where more dark and fairy types will be introduced, so i think oorotto will be dark type , as a possible second type would be probably grass if we take in consideration the sketch, but also sudowoodo was considered grass type even when it was actually rock, so the other possibles of second type could be Steel or psychyc.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Oh my gosh. So. Much. Orotto. Art.... And they're all slightly/hugely different! I want to know what it ACTUALLY looks like! I mean, how can it be that hard to draw a pokemon as it looks? Are some of these people who drew it fibbing us and just giving us more of an idea of what it'll incorporate or honestly trying their best to show us what they saw? I mean, the one posted on serebii is COMPLETELY different from the other ones besides for the patch of leaves on it's head with some branches entwining around them, that's IT. The eye is Cyclops on that one rather than two + creepy eyes (possibly spider eyes as mentioned) I just... My mind is not finding any solid paths. Perhaps, in this movie there was the pre-evolution and the evolution and these drawings are either one or the other? Or, what if there are two tree-looking pokemon that are game-specific? I honestly hope it looks like the spider-involved one, this one on serebii reminds me of a totem pole :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Honedge's video has the new stat boosting animation irc and it doesn't look like this, this animation looks like the healing attack animation of past generations.

The healing animations for Horn Leech and Draining kiss are both different as well. The healing light was green rather than blue.

So at this point I dunno.

Years
A dead/rotted tree motif would be pretty cool I think. Grass/Ghost would make the most sense.

And, I take back what I said earlier. Swirlix is pretty damn cute.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
And, I take back what I said earlier. Swirlix is pretty damn cute.

Both Swirlix and Spritzee look pretty cute to me. They better have some cool/badass looking evolutions, though. Otherwise, I would totally not buy them taking down Dragons. FYI, I don't have a problem with Fairy types being strong against Dragon types. I just think that if you were to have a Salamence or a Hydreigon go down against a Fairy, then the Fairy type should look a little more....adult. Xerneas is a good example of that. Its a Fairy type that doesn't look too "cutsie."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Wait Orotto is real I thought it was just a rumor, I pictured it looking more menacing.

It was a rumor, but has been confirmed. There was a commercial at the start or end of the movie in Japan in theaters. Photography was forbidden so no one could take a real picture of it.

Serebii has a new drawing of it, the leaves on it's hands remind me of the moss on Regigigas. I'm sort of hoping it's a legendary.

It was in the commercial as a horde encounter pokemon. So I do not think this will be a legendary, mainly do to the fact because normally there is not more than one of the same legendary pokemon in one game.

Back